2024 Texans pick watch thread

HeavyFlow

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
That's a blow for them.

Not really. He sucks. Next year he probably won't even be in the two-deep. Last year he was rated #40 among centers, meaning there were 8 2nd string NFL centers considered better.

HeavyFlow

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I think the Texas won’t be as bad as some think. I think they’ll be pick 5-8 bad, but not top 3.
Houston had a lot of key injuries last year and an incompetent coaching staff. I believe Stroud will make a HUGE difference in their offense. I also believe that DeMeco Ryans will get the most out of his underrated defense. Dereky Stingley Jr. returns after a less-than-stellar rookie season that ended with injury. I actually think that Houston has a chance to have a winning record.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I get wanting to force Caleb to work on throwing from the pocket, but their kinda robbing him of his creativity right now. Some plays are duds because he doesnt want to leave the pocket.

We'll see if he sticks to that when they play better athletes in conference.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Caleb really does not give me good vibes.

From wanting every play to be a home-run instead of taking layups, to the personality concerns, to playing in a Lincoln Riley offense against most defenses your supporting cast has an athleticism advantage over, factor in he’s realistically 6’0….

Please give me Drake Maye if it comes down to it.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Caleb really does not give me good vibes.

From wanting every play to be a home-run instead of taking layups, to the personality concerns, to playing in a Lincoln Riley offense against most defenses your supporting cast has an athleticism advantage over, factor in he’s realistically 6’0….

Please give me Drake Maye if it comes down to it.
Drake > Caleb feels like Trubisky > Mahomes. Just a gut feeling, Drake does look very good.