2024 Texans pick watch thread

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
It was an impressive play. He didn't just bull rush through the RB; he shoved him aside and then had to leap at the QB. People acting like it was a ho hum ten times a game kind of play are just being silly.
It was a nice play. I expect a decent Edge to do that to a little RB with pitiful pass block technique.

Impressive is Lawrence Taylor getting three sacks with a separated shoulder.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
It was a nice play. I expect a decent Edge to do that to a little RB with pitiful pass block technique.

Impressive is Lawrence Taylor getting three sacks with a separated shoulder.
#1, it wasn't what he did to the RB, it was the leap after.

#2, Wow, are we parsing words or what? I would call the LT feat effing awesome. Impressive doesn't have to mean best evah. We're getting so blinded by "we didn't pick that guy" itis that no one's allowed to see a play of his and thing "hmm, impressive play." Just a big

:biglaugh:

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
It was a great play by a future great player. No need to play it down guys, lol.
Yeah. You make the plays you can. No one evaluates great pass rushers or DBs based upon the level of play the opposing player made. No one evaluates an int based upon the quality of the throw of the QB.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah. You make the plays you can. No one evaluates great pass rushers or DBs based upon the level of play the opposing player made. No one evaluates an int based upon the quality of the throw of the QB.

yep if you are gifted a free run at the QB you take it. A sack is a sack on the stat sheet.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yep if you are gifted a free run at the QB you take it. A sack is a sack on the stat sheet.
It was a good play, no doubt. That play doesn't make me question our trade down decision one bit.

If James Connor was back there, I would bet money he wouldn't have allowed that strip sack to happen.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah it's the new snark on this board.

Conner would have crushed him in that situation.
I don't believe that he would have crushed him either. Connor is above average at pass protection. I think the likely scenario is that Anderson would have forced a hurry or maybe even a pressure.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
I think he is just "saying the right thing" at this point.
Needs to keep his focus on USC and keep his teammates engaged.
Doesn't want to put any more pressure on the situation.

You must be registered for see images attach
Agreed and I will also add he's making good money playing college ball too.

HeavyFlow

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
So what if Paris is a stud & Anderson is just Ok...

Having watched a lot of both I think they're both excellent but I think Paris is a better tackle than Will is as a defensive end. I know a lot of folks here hated the pick but Paris is going to be one of the premiere left tackles in the NFL for a generation. Aside from QB, the blind-side tackle is the most important position on the team. I think you guys got a steal.

HeavyFlow

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Huh???

The Cardinals got the player that they wanted in Paris Johnson and added the Texans 2024 1st and 3rd round picks. In what world is that not a good deal?
I believe it's possible that, in a few years, fans will acknowledge that the Cardinals got the best player in the draft.

HeavyFlow

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
That Houston OL could be atrocious
I doubt it, at least as long as Laremy Tunsil is on the field. He's one of the better offensive tackles in the NFL. I think the Houston OL will be solid.

Stroud looked much more relaxed and looked good for the most part in his second preseason game. I think Houston is going to be better than most Cardinals fans would like.