2023 World Series Game 3. 10/30/23

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Better than I expected. 3 worst calls against the Dbacks.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why is the 77th best ump (out of 92) anywhere near a World Series game?

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Better than I expected. 3 worst calls against the Dbacks.
Way better than I expected. I thought for sure we would be closer to 90% than 95%.

I have generally resisted the calls for robo ump but more and more I am on board.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
The walk given to Lowe was the worst call by far. That was a strike that was over the plate unless he was saying it was low. But it wasn’t low either.

the off the plate strike calls are frustrating. They were frustrating in game 2 as well. My only highlight of game 2 was the ump getting hit in the facemask. It’s definitely hurting both teams.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If they could change the rules for a designated hitter, can a legitimate argument against robo-ump be made??????

Think of it.... 100% correctly called balls and strikes. Both the pitcher and the hitter benefit.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
If they could change the rules for a designated hitter, can a legitimate argument against robo-ump be made??????

Think of it.... 100% correctly called balls and strikes. Both the pitcher and the hitter benefit.
After this series I’m all in on the robo ump. This is ridiculous.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Even without the robo ump they could improve things by using the better umps. I don't get why the crew is made up mostly of guys in the bottom half of the rankings. Limit the pool to the top 15 or 20 if they want to have some rotation. If you can't crack that then you don't deserve to be in the championship games either.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Even without the robo ump they could improve things by using the better umps. I don't get why the crew is made up mostly of guys in the bottom half of the rankings. Limit the pool to the top 15 or 20 if they want to have some rotation. If you can't crack that then you don't deserve to be in the championship games either.
yeah I agree with the better umps at a minimum. I don't understand why every ump gets to decide their own zone. which is bogus anyway when they change their zone during the game.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah I agree with the better umps at a minimum. I don't understand why every ump gets to decide their own zone. which is bogus anyway when they change their zone during the game.
Again.... the best ump by far is a machine. And it's not like the home plate ump would be losing a job.... he does more than call pitched balls and strikes.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
My only issue with robo ump is that it takes away a little bit from the top skilled players. I love watching a catcher like Gaby who's framing can turn a call or a pitcher like Maddox who was a master at painting the edges and working the size of the zone. I wish we could keep some of those little nuances while getting the robo ump accuracy for the 95%.

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score
My only issue with robo ump is that it takes away a little bit from the top skilled players. I love watching a catcher like Gaby who's framing can turn a call or a pitcher like Maddox who was a master at painting the edges and working the size of the zone. I wish we could keep some of those little nuances while getting the robo ump accuracy for the 95%.
Framing is BS - giving certain players/teams inches off the plate is BS. The strike zone is plenty big as designed to be able to pitch around hitters hot zones. there can be a red/green light on scoreboard for instant balls/strike calls

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard