2023 NLCS Game #2 - Dbacks @ Phillies - 5:07 PM - TBS

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
You can't get too down on the DBacks. The Phillies have a stacked lineup. It wasn't a fluke they were in the World Series last year. Heck, they are even missing another big bat from last season in Rhys Hoskins, who has been out all season with a knee injury. He would be another 30 HR, 90 RBI guy in the middle of the lineup if he was healthy. So they obviously have talent if they can overcome that to be back where they are now.

And remember, the Phillies were up 2-0 on the Astros last year in the WS (on the road, no less), and Houston came back with 4 wins in a row. So as a Phils fan, I definitely am not taking this series for granted just yet either. You just never know.
It was 1-1 last year. Phillies were up 2-1 and then lost 3 straight. DBacks have to win game 3 and come out with a sense of urgency. Play their game.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You can't get too down on the DBacks. The Phillies have a stacked lineup. It wasn't a fluke they were in the World Series last year. Heck, they are even missing another big bat from last season in Rhys Hoskins, who has been out all season with a knee injury. He would be another 30 HR, 90 RBI guy in the middle of the lineup if he was healthy. So they obviously have talent if they can overcome that to be back where they are now.

And remember, the Phillies were up 2-0 on the Astros last year in the WS (on the road, no less), and Houston came back with 4 wins in a row. So as a Phils fan, I definitely am not taking this series for granted just yet either. You just never know.
Raindog, I could be incorrect. I'll have to check. but I think we were up 2-1, then lost.

krazy2k

Veteran
Reaction score
Dbacks will need to win all 3 at home to have a legitimate chance at going to the World Series. Otherwise, Phillies are returning to the World Series (and will probably lose again to the AL team).

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm happy but won't be content until I see a 4 in the win column. Been through enough sports agony to last a lifetime and a half.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
What's the attitude in AZ? Are folks fired up for GM 3? Any buzz around town? I would kill to be there as I've only seen Chase in passing. I imagine the team will be raring to go.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Feelin bit better over gm after good n rest

Really praying dbacks players train hard get rdy for gm tom

Tom is def a must w to keep poff wseries hopes alive

Eaither way amazin yr makin poffs sweepin dodgers fun rollercoaster season :)

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Raindog, I could be incorrect. I'll have to check. but I think we were up 2-1, then lost.
Yeah, that's right... my bad. I just remember once the Phillies got to two wins, everyone saying they were definitely winning it all. So that made me misremember them as having more of a commanding lead than they obviously did.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
IDK, I still feel we are playing with house money. We shouldn't even be in the playoffs.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
IDK, I still feel we are playing with house money. We shouldn't even be in the playoffs.
Pretty much agree, but we did make it to the playoffs. I don't buy the backing in crap, we won 84 games, and others didn't. We made it, but they didn't. But sweeping 2 series against superior teams is a huge step for our young team. This Phillies team has superior talent that they went out and bought. We didn't. We mostly used our farm. I hope Kendrick would allow Hazen to pick up 2, 3, or 4 players and pay them, we would be in a much better position next year while keeping our core. But, I don't think that is happening. Hope is a good thing maybe the best of things.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
What's the attitude in AZ? Are folks fired up for GM 3? Any buzz around town? I would kill to be there as I've only seen Chase in passing. I imagine the team will be raring to go.
I think the game two whupping took a lot of wind outta the sails. Don’t think it’s tough to get a ticket to take 3. That’s not a good sign for locals enthusiasm.

krazy2k

Veteran
Reaction score
The Last Stand for the Dbacks today. The season rides on a rookie pitcher and an offense that got shutout on Tuesday. Dbacks won't be coming back from 3-0. 2-1 is another story. You're our only hope, Obi-Bran Pfaadtobi.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would say it is lukewarm right now. Any serious Dbacks fan realizes they are playing with house money and this is well beyond where most thought they could get.

I am going to today’s game with a Phillies fan friend. It will be interesting to see how the crowd is. One thing I am certain of is it won’t be as raucous as games 1&2

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I disagree that they shouldn’t have even been in the playoffs. I totally agree they are playing with house money.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I disagree that they shouldn’t have even been in the playoffs. I totally agree they are playing with house money.
I'm going back to the preseason predictions and statements from the coach, GM , and owner, who ALL three urged fans to be patient in this upcoming season. A couple days back I heard the owner on 98.7 saying they were at least one year ahead of schedule and none of them saw this coming.