Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Carroll lets bat 400 this series. 400 feet out and 400 batting average!

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
No, like an out. He is officially 0-1
I found this: "Now imagine the exact same action by the hitter, the swing, the path, speed, spin on the ball, and speed to first base. This time, however, the defender just gets to the ball, but fumbles around and the hitter takes first base. In the official statistics, the hitter gets an at-bat (and thus also a plate appearance)… but no hit. The hitter’s batting average and on-base percentage have just decreased. Makes sense, yes? Uh, no." Kinda sucks....

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
I found this: "Now imagine the exact same action by the hitter, the swing, the path, speed, spin on the ball, and speed to first base. This time, however, the defender just gets to the ball, but fumbles around and the hitter takes first base. In the official statistics, the hitter gets an at-bat (and thus also a plate appearance)… but no hit. The hitter’s batting average and on-base percentage have just decreased. Makes sense, yes? Uh, no." Kinda sucks....
Been that way forever you can't reward a hitter for a fielder making an error.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Been that way forever you can't reward a hitter for a fielder making an error.
It's not the hitters fault that he could potentially make an infield hit, but the fielder boots it. It goes both ways. I think that guy didn't field it cleanly because he knew Carroll was almost to first. That makes a hit as much as cleanly knocking it through the infield. The runner's skill made the hit in that case.

I just think it would be more fair to neither credit the hit, or hold it against the batter.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
It's not the hitters fault that he could potentially make an infield hit, but the fielder boots it. It goes both ways. I think that guy didn't field it cleanly because he knew Carroll was almost to first. That makes a hit as much as cleanly knocking it through the infield. The runner's skill made the hit in that case.

I just think it would be more fair to neither credit the hit, or hold it against the batter.
I get your point especially with Carol's speed. But if he fields it cleanly it's an out.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wake up on offense come on dbacks.....

just need pitching to keep gm close

Fingers crossed....

Ugh poff fan nerves lol