2022 Draft. Is there anyway we don’t go CB in the 1st round?

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
Yes, if Keim is still GM every position is a NO 1 pick for him

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
My guess at the moment. RB, WR, DL, OLB, CB.

WR because Green and Kirk are both FAs and Keim tends to let his one year contract guys walk vs re-signing. Same with his under-performing picks.

RB because both Edmonds and Conner are FAs next year.

DL because we likely cut Phillips in the off-season for cap relief, Zach Allen is a FA, and Corey Peters is old.

EDGE because Jones is a FA and Kennard is likely a cap cut.

CB might be lower just because Murphy and Marco Wilson are both on the roster next year, and if both play well, less ressure to draft one in round 1.

Early name to watch. Aidan Hutchinson DL Michigan. Some similarities to JJ Watt as a prospect, team captain, and can play inside and outside.

OP
OP
DVontel

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

WR because Green and Kirk are both FAs and Keim tends to let his one year contract guys walk vs re-signing. Same with his under-performing picks.

DL because we likely cut Phillips in the off-season for cap relief, Zach Allen is a FA, and Corey Peters is old.

CB might be lower just because Murphy and Marco Wilson are both on the roster next year, and if both play well, less ressure to draft one in round 1.

Early name to watch. Aidan Hutchinson DL Michigan. Some similarities to JJ Watt as a prospect, team captain, and can play inside and outside.
I’m fine with DL & EDGE.

Somebody needs to get launched into the sun if we go RB or WR.

But this is such a great CB class. Would really hate if we don’t nab one in the first.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m fine with DL & EDGE.

Somebody needs to get launched into the sun if we go RB or WR.

But this is such a great CB class. Would really hate if we don’t nab one in the first.
I can't stand with a rb in rhe first
Look at Etienne, 23 years old, out for the season, he will start playing at 24 in the nfl, considering rb doesn't have a long career and beside king Henry the impact is not like years a go, make your conclusion
I remember someone being pleased with Etienne in the first

OP
OP
DVontel

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I can't stand with a rb in rhe first
Look at Etienne, 23 years old, out for the season, he will start playing at 24 in the nfl, considering rb doesn't have a long career and beside king Henry the impact is not like years a go, make your conclusion
I remember someone being pleased with Etienne in the first
Probably @Solar7

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If we end up losing Kirk, Green is washed and Moore seems purely a slot guy
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Him or Olave.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I want a trench player or CB. Edge is another possibility if CJ isn't resigned.

I agree with Chopper0080's list of needs but would add oline as a possibility in rd 1.

OP
OP
DVontel

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Him or Olave.
Olave is a 1st rounder lol @ drafting WR in the 1st

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
EDGE is probably the only other position I can us going.
That was my first thought when I saw the thread. Sign Chan for 2-3 years and draft his replacement.
Of course it depends on who and what quality is available when we pick. .... if the next Megatron is there...6’4....4.3... 150 catches and 1600 yds a season in college.... never missed a game...

do you pass him up for the third best corner in the draft? Or do you take the apparent hall of famer at wr and get the sixth best corner in the second round then maybe shoot for a stud next year?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

Zach Allen is entering his third season

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score

Him or Olave.
Williams transferred from OSU because he couldn't get on the field enough with Wilson, Olave, Smith-nygjbe or however you say his last name. Olave coming back for his senior season was not predicted and that's likely why he transferred. It's not that Williams isn't good, the others are just better. OSU WR's are going to be peppering round 1 for years to come.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Definately chance we don't go CB. Depends where we pick.

Could be 3-4 go top 12 and then a chasm to the next group.

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
Assuming we resign Chandler Jones, I would guess OL or CB. RB and WR in the 2nd to 4th rounds.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Definately chance we don't go CB. Depends where we pick.

Could be 3-4 go top 12 and then a chasm to the next group.
This is the most likely answer. If we draft in the top 15, EDGE, DL and CB are obvious spots with the projected draft class.

If we draft later, OG and WR also hop into the mix.

As of right now, it looks like Pugh, Phillips and Kennard will be cap cuts unless they play out of their minds this year.

Green and Kirk are FAs.

Every TE on our roster is a FA.

Our top 2 RBs are FAs.

Chandler Jones and Gardeck are both FAs.

Last edited:

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I was more of an advocate for Najee Harris or Devonte Williams, but wouldn't have hated Etienne either. I'm not sure you can hold a freak foot injury against the kid.

One way or the other, we need to come up with a solution at RB next year, although I'm sure someone will jump in to blast me and say we can fill our roster with 4th round rookies easy peasy.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Being raised in Syracuse, I’m a huge Cuse fan. It’s been painful watching their football program the last couple years, but I wowed watching their true freshman CB last night. His name is Chestnut. A young stud that can cover & LOVES to tackle. Keep an eye on this kid. Probably have to wait a couple years for him to come out.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
If Keim is still with us, and our greatest need is a CB, then we'll be choosing a WR or LB.
I hate on keim as much as the next guy. But it seems to me over the past few years he has been trying to protect his first round pick by taking the guy with the least risk.... we could have picked a corner this past spring.... but the thing is, they all had issues and injuries were prominent... so he picked a highly rated LBer{ which technically we also needed) ... and got us a first round pick who will be on the field instead of in the tub.

The best ability is availability

the past few years keim has used his first round pick on guys who have that..... props to him for it

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A major problem next year is that so many teams are short of CB talent that even if we pick #15 we might be picking CB5.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson