2022 2nd round pick is TE Trey McBride

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Not being negative. I don’t mind the pick. I really wasn’t counting on Williams at all this year. I love we added to the offense.

That being said it’s like a rehearsed statement. Just tell me what you like about the player and get off script. I posted this in a thread a long time ago that we would hear two things.
1. He was the highest player on our board.
2. We couldn’t believe he was still there.
Bingo.
But you are being negative. I was listening to Jeremiah & Bucky Brooks speak of this kid earlier this week. They emphasized that he would be slighted because he was a TE, but that some team would be thrilled that they drafted him. Why not the Cardinals???

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
But you are being negative. I was listening to Jeremiah & Bucky Brooks speak of this kid earlier this week. They emphasized that he would be slighted because he was a TE, but that some team would be thrilled that they drafted him. Why not the Cardinals???
I legit really like McBride, just wanted a different position.

He has a good shot to be a mainstay for the next five years.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I repeat. I like the pick. Don’t like the corporate rhetoric statement. It’s a bit insulting to the avid fan.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Total BPA

Not a position of need but I feel anytime you can get the unanimous #1 player at a position in the second round you do it.
So you’re telling me if Nakobe Dean is available at #87 we should pick him? Hmmm. Lol Just sayin

Bottom line is the top 150 board Keim & Co put together is trash imo.

If you go strictly by you board you’re in deep doo imo. Draft selections have to be some combination of BPA & need not board alone. We have HUGE holes on the Dline, edge & interior Oline!!!

Reactions: PJ1

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Keim has always said that he drafts BPA, so I’m not at all surprised by this pick. I recall watching him play this year & downplayed how good he was because I didn’t think the Cardinals would ever draft TE.
I just read an article that said he has the best hands in the draft & that's including all the WR's. It may end up being a good pick.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The Destroyer was freshly back from a knee last season. His production should go up quite a bit this year.
Between health and increased role he should be able to give us what Chan produced in 21
...who is the destroyer?

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm not crazy about picking a TE this high but if he is the best in the draft maybe it will work out. However, Cards historically have not used a TE much in their offense.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
You think you are the only long time fan?Look at the needs of this team and tell me that was the pick to make.
Honestly look at the remaining free agent pool and tell me it wouldn’t be wildly easy to fill whatever roster holes are left after the draft. Yeah, you’ll have to re-evaluate a ton of your team in 10 months, but what else is Keim gonna do?

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
Solid pick and makes sense for the future. Murray has his TE for the next ten years. Yes he was a surprise to me when I thought we would be going for a pass rusher or DT but we are stacking the deck on offense.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So you’re telling me if Nakobe Dean is available at #87 we should pick him? Hmmm. Lol Just sayin

Bottom line is the top 150 board Keim & Co put together is trash imo.

If you go strictly by you board you’re in deep doo imo. Draft selections have to be some combination of BPA & need not board alone. We have HUGE holes on the Dline, edge & interior Oline!!!

You can’t compare Dean is falling because a laundry list of injuries

But if they want to draft him and redshirt him I’m all for it

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Honestly look at the remaining free agent pool and tell me it wouldn’t be wildly easy to fill whatever roster holes are left after the draft. Yeah, you’ll have to re-evaluate a ton of your team in 10 months, but what else is Keim gonna do?
Do u liie the pick?

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
You can’t compare Dean is falling because a laundry list of injuries

But if they want to draft him and redshirt him I’m all for it
I’m going to predict he turns into a stud & we don’t draft him. There’s no chance given our ILB room. That proves Keim constant “best player on our board” is pure bs

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m going to predict he turns into a stud & we don’t draft him. There’s no chance given our ILB room.

There’s plenty of examples of teams drafting hurt guys and sitting them for a year.

I mean given the way we use rookie LBers he wouldn’t play his first year anyway

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There’s plenty of examples of teams drafting hurt guys and sitting them for a year.

I mean given the way we use rookie LBers he wouldn’t play his first year anyway
That s the reason i would draft defensive players in day3

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You think you are the only long time fan?Look at the needs of this team and tell me that was the pick to make.
Drafting on need alone is, and always has been a failure. I’ll take the best overall TE in the draft with maybe the best hands in the draft (including WR’s), over the the 10th best Edge or 9th best OL in the draft. We still have 2 third round picks!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose