2022 2nd round pick is TE Trey McBride

Billy Bob

Cardinals Fan
Reaction score
Like what we got. We like to play 12 personnel, and now we can ensure we can do it all year long (barring unfortunate string of injuries).

He's a guy that seems to not tip off if we run or pass, and is young which should hit his stride as maxx and ertz fade. Helps keep our offense flexible and versatile. Kyler can check into run or pass as well at line.

I felt we needed another weapon, as with Hollywood we were just replacing Kirk, and we didn't have enough last year. Now we have that extra receiving weapon. Thought it would be WR, but it makes sense.

Still don't know how we're going to rush the passer, interior block, or stop the run, but it helps solidify our bread and butter.
Peirce went 2 picks before us, makes me wonder, what if he was there a 55.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
One of these days fans will start to understand that need is not the primary focus of who to draft. Talent and fit are the most important factors and then need can come in after that.
I mean, yeah I agree. I always say that the draft is to satisfy your needs more so down the road than today. But why punt on all FA pass rushers after losing CJ then ignore the position at the top of the draft. Unpreparedness. Shoulda been drafting edge rushers for the last few years in preparation of today.

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Not being negative. I don’t mind the pick. I really wasn’t counting on Williams at all this year. I love we added to the offense.

That being said it’s like a rehearsed statement. Just tell me what you like about the player and get off script. I posted this in a thread a long time ago that we would hear two things.
1. He was the highest player on our board.
2. We couldn’t believe he was still there.
Bingo.
Just give the guy a chance. He might be pretty good. And by the way, the draft isn't over yet

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I mean, yeah I agree. I always say that the draft is to satisfy your needs more so down the road than today. But why punt on all FA pass rushers after losing CJ then ignore the position at the top of the draft. Unpreparedness. Shoulda been drafting edge rushers for the last few years in preparation of today.
Should have, would have, could have. 2nd guessing accomplishes nothing.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
look, if he makes plays we will all love him. but no one on this board wanted us to snag a TE round 2 with the other gaping holes on this roster
It's hard to argue with the above, although I have heard that in the early rounds it's better not to draft for need. An Edge Rusher is a hole, but one could say it's the only gaping hole.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
The Destroyer was freshly back from a knee last season. His production should go up quite a bit this year.
Between health and increased role he should be able to give us what Chan produced in 21

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So many leading up to draft:

“We need to load up on weapons on the O to help Kyler”

Team is doing exactly that and the same people:

“The trade and this pick sucks”
I’m pretty sure you also seen people say we need iOL & a pass-rusher as well.