2022 2nd round pick is TE Trey McBride

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
When I was using mock draft simulators he was rarely available. I also noticed there was a lot of value in the oline and edge category in the third round. I can definitely seeing the cards take a combo of OL and Edge in the third. Something like West/Zach Thomas(due to their versatility) and Dominque Robinson/Deangelo Malone.

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
When I was using mock draft simulators he was rarely available. I also noticed there was a lot of value in the oline and edge category in the third round. I can definitely seeing the cards take a combo of OL and Edge in the third. Something like West/Zach Thomas(due to their versatility) and Dominque Robinson/Deangelo Malone.
The draft is far from over and the world isn't coming to the end

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Its coach/gm speak, this is done by every team in the league. Honesty in the draft? You're joking right?
It looks like he can't handle Keim personality and it can be a problem, cause the gm then has too much power

rusfletcher

Veteran
Reaction score
WR/TE weapons drafted or acquired since drafting KM.

2022: M. Brown, T. McBride so far...
2021: Z. Ertz, R. Moore
2020: D. Hopkins
2019: A. Isabella, H. Butler, K. Johnson

May as well keep drafting OFFENSE so they may fix one side of the ball. Hopefully, some O-line in round 3. (B. Raimann, D. Parham, J. Salyer).

I hope anyway.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I’m not calling out the player. He looks awesome. I’m calling out the scripted comments by Kevin and zkingsbury
What exactly do you want these guys to say? "Well he wasn't the guy we were hoping to get, but he fits our offense pretty well so we said F it and drafted him"? Of course they are going to talk up the player and the drafting of the player...

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Cook and Salyer would be good in the third.

(Spelling)

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What exactly do you want these guys to say? "Well he wasn't the guy we were hoping to get, but he fits our offense pretty well so we said F it and drafted him"? Of course they are going to talk up the player and the drafting of the player...
Anything. Just not the same scripted statement every year. We can assume he was their highest rated player and they couldn’t believe he was still available.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm not gonna knock this pick cause he might end up being a really good player, however, we have more immediate needs, edge rusher, DT, OL. With Drake Jackson, Bonnito & Travis Jones still available the McBride pick is so Keim lol. On a positive note by loading up at the TE position, we may play a little more 12 personnel which I love. Plus Maxx won't be ready to start the season. Pick #87 needs to be an edge rusher or DT.
Keim has always said that he drafts BPA, so I’m not at all surprised by this pick. I recall watching him play this year & downplayed how good he was because I didn’t think the Cardinals would ever draft TE.