2021-22 Around the NBA Thread

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty pass but it’s not like anyone else was moving on Luka’s drive. He knew where everyone was because they had been there the whole time. He saw them even before he started his move.

Yeah to me seeing him is not impressive, making that pass right on the money is because it's not an easy pass to throw like that while moving.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

One of my favorite Bruins. Wanted to transfer after his freshman year because of Howland, his mom told him you are not a quitter we do not quit in this family. When he was a junior at UCLA a summer scouting report on UCLA players playing with NBA guys on campus said Powell "appears to be playing the wrong sport he should consider the NFL."

Having a great NBA career, bought his mom a new house, everywhere he goes he gives back to the community, has been doing it at his home in San Diego since he got into the NBA.

Just a great guy glad he's back from injury.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I kind of wish he'd have to suffer through their remaining games but I'm glad he was a part of their season.

I'm pretty sure he's not eligible to sign anywhere for a playoff run either.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I kind of wish he'd have to suffer through their remaining games but I'm glad he was a part of their season.

I'm pretty sure he's not eligible to sign anywhere for a playoff run either.

The guy is a thief.

I was thrilled earlier this year when the fans booed the **** out of him. Love that, even through the rough patch where people hardly attended games, a large portion of the fan base was still keeping score on players even as trivial as Trevor Ariza.

I've never seen a player quit so quickly after signing somewhere.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He should be but voter fatigue is a thing.
I don't think so. Every voter I have heard talk about it are not voting for him.

I think it's going to be Embid, and Giannis in second.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't think so. Every voter I have heard talk about it are not voting for him.

I think it's going to be Embid, and Giannis in second.

Yeah I think it's Embiid's this year. He's deserving and there's no guarantee he'll ever play this many games again. He's at 67 right now. Philly has 2 games remaining so he could hit 69, which even if he doesn't I think 67 is about the minimum needed for voters to consider him an MVP.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doncic picks up 16th technical and could be suspended for regular season finale.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jamal Murray and Michael Porter Jr. are unlikely to return for the playoffs.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ja Morant will start for the Grizzlies. The game is currently being played.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The 16th technical foul on Luka Doncic is rescinded by the NBA.

Hmm. I guess rules are made for other players.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The 16th technical foul on Luka Doncic is rescinded by the NBA.

Hmm. I guess rules are made for other players.

Yep. The refs, as they frequently do throughout every single game that's ever been played, missed a routine foul call. Luka argued for awhile with the ref that failed to make the call and when that didn't work he went to Tony Brothers and again pled his case.

Doncic wasn't abusive or aggressive in any way with his complaining but he'd whined all game long (as he always does) and he'd already had his say and as most of us know, Brothers has a well-earned reputation for not allowing a bitch session to go on very long. So, naturally, Tony gave him a T.

Anyway, if that had been Lebron the league would have rescinded it just like they did for Luka. If that had been Booker or Ayton or Paul, the Leauge would have said enjoy your game off.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep. The refs, as they frequently do throughout every single game that's ever been played, missed a routine foul call. Luka argued for awhile with the ref that failed to make the call and when that didn't work he went to Tony Brothers and again pled his case.

Doncic wasn't abusive or aggressive in any way with his complaining but he'd whined all game long (as he always does) and he'd already had his say and as most of us know, Brothers has a well-earned reputation for not allowing a bitch session to go on very long. So, naturally, Tony gave him a T.

Anyway, if that had been Lebron the league would have rescinded it just like they did for Luka. If that had been Booker or Ayton or Paul, the Leauge would have said enjoy your game off.

I agree with your last paragraph.

Even more troubling for me is the the the Spurs-Mavs game on Sunday could determine whether the Mavs are seeded third or fourth in the West. Doncic playing could have an impact on the outcome.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know the fix but they have to fix the challenge review somehow.

Late in the Warriors game Poole dribbling and Tre Jones is chasing him honestly think he's trying to foul him. He inadvertently hooks on to Poole's arm sleeve on his left arm and pulls it down so it's covering Poole's left hand! So Poole is dribbling with one hand while shaking his left hand trying to get the sleeve to come off. He gets it off with a throwing motion, then slips on it and falls to the floor. The refs call the foul on Jones.

SA does the obvious thing and challenges it and wins the challenge and gets a jump ball as Poole is asking the ref ok he didn't foul me on the slip but how exactly did he pull the sleeve down onto my hand without fouling me?

Bizarre play. They got the jump ball and won the game but still there has to be some leeway on a review for them to go back a few more seconds and say ok we missed the actual foul.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I don't know the fix but they have to fix the challenge review somehow.

Late in the Warriors game Poole dribbling and Tre Jones is chasing him honestly think he's trying to foul him. He inadvertently hooks on to Poole's arm sleeve on his left arm and pulls it down so it's covering Poole's left hand! So Poole is dribbling with one hand while shaking his left hand trying to get the sleeve to come off. He gets it off with a throwing motion, then slips on it and falls to the floor. The refs call the foul on Jones.

SA does the obvious thing and challenges it and wins the challenge and gets a jump ball as Poole is asking the ref ok he didn't foul me on the slip but how exactly did he pull the sleeve down onto my hand without fouling me?

Bizarre play. They got the jump ball and won the game but still there has to be some leeway on a review for them to go back a few more seconds and say ok we missed the actual foul.

Will they play Klay/Dray tomorrow? It’s basically for the 3-seed.