2021-22 Around the NBA Thread

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lakers blow a 6 point lead late in the 4th, losing to the Pelicans, whom they are chasing in the play in. Davis, Westbrook and LeBron all played.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
-
Exhibit A as to why I’d like to avoid the Clipps. They have several role player capable of going off on any given night.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind one bit if the Lakers fell out of the play-in.

I wouldn't for the comedy, but I'd much rather face them than the T'Wolves or Clippers. The Lakers are trash and I think they would flat out give up sometime during game 3, maybe even after game 2.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't for the comedy, but I'd much rather face them than the T'Wolves or Clippers. The Lakers are trash and I think they would flat out give up sometime during game 3, maybe even after game 2.

I wasn't able to watch but I saw the Pelicans beat the Lakers. I'm not fond of the idea of playing the Clippers.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind one bit if the Lakers fell out of the play-in.
It's not looking good for them. They are currently 1 game behind SA to make the play in and SA has the tie breaker, so the Lakers are essentially 2 games back.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's not looking good for them. They are currently 1 game behind SA to make the play in and SA has the tie breaker, so the Lakers are essentially 2 games back.

Missing the play-in would be an eye opener for the Lakers with Lebron and Anthony Davis playing.

They finish with a tough schedule.

Last edited:

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dame showing he can use his left hand even while injured!

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nets are in the 10 spot and Lakers 11 just like everyone predicted.

I've been beating the "Nyets are overrated" drum for a while. This is not a team we need to fear facing if we make the finals. The Nets will be lucky to make the playoffs and even if they do, the Bucks, Celtics or Heat will squash them in the first round.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
At the very least... he wasn't part of the solution. Either way, it is a mighty coincidence.

Also, Schroder is a loser.

They killed it at the trade deadline but it doesn’t really matter what I say you clearly feel some type of way about Schroeder.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I've been beating the "Nyets are overrated" drum for a while. This is not a team we need to fear facing if we make the finals. The Nets will be lucky to make the playoffs and even if they do, the Bucks, Celtics or Heat will squash them in the first round.

I think not having Ben Simmons is hurting them.

But it’s been such an odd season for them. I wouldn’t be surprised if KD trades Kyrie in the offseason

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think not having Ben Simmons is hurting them.

But it’s been such an odd season for them. I wouldn’t be surprised if KD trades Kyrie in the offseason

In the playoffs Ben Simmons is a non-factor, frankly, I don't see how Simmons and Kyrie are going to function at all as a combo. Kyrie does nothing off the ball... neither does Durant really, and if Simmons isn't trying to facilitate he might as well not be on the court.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
In the playoffs Ben Simmons is a non-factor, frankly, I don't see how Simmons and Kyrie are going to function at all as a combo. Kyrie does nothing off the ball... neither does Durant really, and if Simmons isn't trying to facilitate he might as well not be on the court.

Kyrie was great off the ball when he was with Lebron he’s very capable of playing off ball and Durant is great off the ball just go look at GS when Draymond was running the offense.

Simmons is really good especially in transition running an offense

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kyrie was great off the ball when he was with Lebron he’s very capable of playing off ball and Durant is great off the ball just go look at GS when Draymond was running the offense.

Simmons is really good especially in transition running an offense

Kyrie isn't who he was in Cleveland and Durant isn't he who he was in Golden State. Both guys have gotten their rings and paydays and now they're nothing other than sideshow attractions.

KD could have been one of the best players ever but he's been phoning it in the last few seasons.

Kyrie is lucky he's rich because he's labeled as eccentric and mercurial instead of certifiable and insane.

Both have skills on the court but neither have the will or desire to win another championship.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kyrie isn't who he was in Cleveland and Durant isn't he who he was in Golden State. Both guys have gotten their rings and paydays and now they're nothing other than sideshow attractions.

KD could have been one of the best players ever but he's been phoning it in the last few seasons.

Kyrie is lucky he's rich because he's labeled as eccentric and mercurial instead of certifiable and insane.

Both have skills on the court but neither have the will or desire to win another championship.
KD has been phoning it in? He almost beat the NBA Champions singlehandedly in a 7 game series.

With ya on Kyrie though. That guy sucks as a human being.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
KD has been phoning it in? He almost beat the NBA Champions singlehandedly in a 7 game series.

With ya on Kyrie though. That guy sucks as a human being.

Agree on KD. He came back last year after tearing his Achilles and played great in the playoffs then basically won the gold medal for the US. He’s been playing at a crazy good level this year.

It’s ironic that Ben Simmons skill set is exactly what the Nets need right now; Defense, athleticism and play making…. Could the Harden trade end up a lose-lose for both teams?

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Agree on KD. He came back last year after tearing his Achilles and played great in the playoffs then basically won the gold medal for the US. He’s been playing at a crazy good level this year.

It’s ironic that Ben Simmons skill set is exactly what the Nets need right now; Defense, athleticism and play making…. Could the Harden trade end up a lose-lose for both teams?
Sure is looking like it.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Portland signs Drew Eubanks and Kris Dunn to hardship deals. I'm glad these guys hung in there.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Warriors back in third by a game. Mavs @ Bucks tomorrow.

That was insane. Watching UNC and Duke I switched to see the Warriors they were down 16 and turned it over, Porter dove after a loose ball to Poole who hits Klay who rips a 3 it's 13. I decide to watch for a bit and they go on a 24-4 run to end the game and win. Unreal. Poole is making himself a ton of money.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think the injury is why people think that if you look at his actual numbers and advance stats KD is the same guy now he was in GS, even his FG% is higher. Turnovers are up otherwise he's as good or better than he was with the Warriors. I just think we expected he wouldn't be because of the injury

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
That was insane. Watching UNC and Duke I switched to see the Warriors they were down 16 and turned it over, Porter dove after a loose ball to Poole who hits Klay who rips a 3 it's 13. I decide to watch for a bit and they go on a 24-4 run to end the game and win. Unreal. Poole is making himself a ton of money.

Part of me wants to avoid GS as long as possible but I know that if they hang on to the 3-seed it means Klay got it together. What’s the deal with Porter? He single handedly beat us on Christmas then he’ll be a healthy scratch?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson