2021-22 Around the NBA Thread

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
apparently that was the 2nd time this season that the NBA rescinded a tech on Doncic.

in the past couple of weeks we've seen the worst no-calls when a Suns player has been clearly fouled. That and the foul differentials may indicate a lack of respect from the refs which doesn't bode well going into the playoffs

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Atlanta really under achieved this year. I think everyone knew they over achieved last season making the conference finals but to fall so far that they're on the verge of not qualifying for the play-in is really bad.

I guess the Clippers didn't fare all that better but at least they're locked in and need to lose 2 in a row to fall out of the playoffs completely.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Atlanta really under achieved this year. I think everyone knew they over achieved last season making the conference finals but to fall so far that they're on the verge of not qualifying for the play-in is really bad.

I guess the Clippers didn't fare all that better but at least they're locked in and need to lose 2 in a row to fall out of the playoffs completely.
The Clippers also have the excuse of missing their 2 best players for most of the season.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
updating what I posted here a few weeks ago from a UCLA guy about the Lakers it appears he's right in that Mark Jackson is strongly rumored to be one of the guys they will interview first to replace Vogel. Doesn't mean they'll hire him but apparently it's true he's on the early short list.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
updating what I posted here a few weeks ago from a UCLA guy about the Lakers it appears he's right in that Mark Jackson is strongly rumored to be one of the guys they will interview first to replace Vogel. Doesn't mean they'll hire him but apparently it's true he's on the early short list.
Oh gawd! Please let this be true.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Serious post now from me...Juan Howard name is linked to the head coaching job. Rajon Rando might go there as an assistant head coach, if the above happens.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh gawd! Please let this be true.

apparently Shannon Sharpe is even pushing Jackson for the job on tv.

Sports can be so weird there is this weird narrative that has been around for years on Jackson being wronged when the Warriors fired him. He says he didn't push his religious beliefs on players etc. I get that he helped build the foundation but you look at the incredible success Kerr has had with the Warriors and how can anybody buy into a narrative that says they were wrong to replace Jackson? Unless you think they would have won even more titles it has to be obvious the move worked.

Maybe Jackson has learned from it but given his comments just a few months ago it's not clear he did, his focus seems to be I was wronged.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I agree with your last paragraph.

Even more troubling for me is the the the Spurs-Mavs game on Sunday could determine whether the Mavs are seeded third or fourth in the West. Doncic playing could have an impact on the outcome.
I didn't see the game that Luka got his 16th tech, but that's an area of his game that he has to improve. he is still very young so I imagine he will figure it out, but it is a concern. I honestly find it hard to believe that dallas have a legit shot at the 3rd seed, of corse it has a lot to do with GS's ill fated injuries. Dallas will have a lot of pressure on them to win a playoff series.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't see the game that Luka got his 16th tech, but that's an area of his game that he has to improve. he is still very young so I imagine he will figure it out, but it is a concern. I honestly find it hard to believe that dallas have a legit shot at the 3rd seed, of corse it has a lot to do with GS's ill fated injuries. Dallas will have a lot of pressure on them to win a playoff series.

All any team can ask for is the opportunity.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I didn't watch every one, but Luka's problem is demonstrably complaining to the refs all the time. Lots of times he is right about a missed call, but when you throw your arms in the air and insult them, you are going to get called. Have to wonder what he is actually saying to them.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He is probably thinking getting 16 technical fouls are a joke. They will never suspend me.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With Robert Williams out for the Celtics the addition of Daniel Theis was big for them.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
If a guy is clearly calling a ref trash to his face he should be suspended.
-

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Luka Doncic with possible calf injury.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Apparently the Lakers haven't told Frank Vogel he is no longer their coach.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hear is what Frank Vogel had to say.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Be careful about language in tweets. I know I know I'm a prude but if I gotta warn one person, I've got to warn everybody. Its only fair.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA