2020 Draft

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
5 of the top 10 picks in this draft will be working at a Ladies Footlocker within 5 years. Lets hope Jones can find another Cam in there somewhere.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I actually am intrigued by him. I think I would take him over Kira Lewis right now.

I was watching some game video of Tyrell Terry the other day against various teams like Arizona State and Utah. Nothing really changed my opinion of his game but he looked like a high school player out there. It seemed to stand out more in game video. His body will need to mature and maybe it has.

I like Tyrell a lot but it gave me pause even though I know he has put on weight and is 6' 3" inches in shoes. He is going to have to withstand a lot more contact in the NBA. That said, it didn't bother a player with a similar build like Trae Young.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
If James Jones prefers Bane over Haliburton, I will never trust any scouting judgment he makes ever again.
I’m not sure how solid of info Gambo actually gets. He had Vassell and Lewis as a “no chance” last week but a possibility this week.

Last edited:

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I was watching some game video of Tyrell Terry the other day against various teams like Arizona State and Utah. Nothing really changed my opinion of his game but he looked like a high school player out there. It seemed to stand out more in game video. His body will need to mature and maybe it has.

I like Tyrell a lot but it gave me pause even though I know he has put on weight and is 6' 3" inches in shoes. He is going to have to withstand a lot more contact in the NBA. That said, it didn't bother a player with a similar build like Trae Young.

But Young showed a lot more in his year of college play than Terry did. Terry doesn't have that "it" factor Young did. What you saw in the game tape is exactly why he wouldn't be on my board.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
5 of the top 10 picks in this draft will be working at a Ladies Footlocker within 5 years. Lets hope Jones can find another Cam in there somewhere.

I would rather he find another Clarke or Herro...

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He said “no chance” (along with Hayes).

WHAT?

No chance for Halliburton? Gambo is full of crap on that. Halliburton is a James Jones player if I have ever seen one. However I give it about a 2% chance he is available at 10.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But Young showed a lot more in his year of college play than Terry did. Terry doesn't have that "it" factor Young did. What you saw in the game tape is exactly why he wouldn't be on my board.

I was talking about Terry's build in the above post.

JerkFace

Reaction score
Gambo is backtracking a tad on some of the players he nixed last week. He lists possibilities as:
Vassell
Lewis
Bey
Bane
Smith
Achiuwa
Maxey
In next segment he said of these seven he thinks these are the top 4:
Vassell
Bey
Lewis
Bane

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Saddiq

So if that is the list, we need to hope for Vassell.
I do like Saddiq Bey though. He should be a good swing forward in the NBA on both ends and has some play-making potential as well.

Can't really go wrong with Vassel though as I see him as kind of taller version of Mikal.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I do like Saddiq Bey though. He should be a good swing forward in the NBA on both ends and has some play-making potential as well.

Can't really go wrong with Vassel though as I see him as kind of taller version of Mikal.

I actually see Vassel as a better shooting and smarter version of Oubre, or potentially as Bridges with better offense. With Oubre gone, I wouldn't mind Vassell at all at 10.

Of the four, my order would be:

Vassell
Lewis
Bey

(Note, I would rather the pick be forfeited than have to live through the utter embarrassment of reaching for Bane at 10.)

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I actually see Vassel as a better shooting and smarter version of Oubre, or potentially as Bridges with better offense. With Oubre gone, I wouldn't mind Vassell at all at 10.

Of the four, my order would be:

Vassell
Lewis
Bey

(Note, I would rather the pick be forfeited than have to live through the utter embarrassment of reaching for Bane at 10.)
My guess is they probably have 1 or 2 guys that if they are off the board they will trade back and maybe take the best available at that point and that could be Bane for them. I really don't know who their favorite is.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Saddiq Bey totally reminds me of Boris Diaw.

He plays to much in the post for my liking, and is ok at everything, but does not excel at anything. I see him as a life long bench player.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score

He plays to much in the post for my liking, and is ok at everything, but does not excel at anything. I see him as a life long bench player.
Depending on what is still there at 10 or wherever they end up picking with a trade than that type of player might be worth the pick.

Also I would love to have a young/prime version of Diaw on this team, very versatile.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Indeed, but I think he potentially lasts and contributes for years. Plus he is tougher and more assertive than Diaw was. I see a little bit of a taller Dan Majerle in him.

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Vassell seems like the most natural at almost everything and that’s why I would be happy with that choice.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
WHAT?

No chance for Halliburton? Gambo is full of crap on that. Halliburton is a James Jones player if I have ever seen one. However I give it about a 2% chance he is available at 10.
Probably because we would have to trade up to get him and there is no chance we are trading up.

JerkFace

Reaction score
I am just mentally preparing myself for Bane to be the pick. That way I can only be neutral or happy with the pick.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I am just mentally preparing myself for Bane to be the pick. That way I can only be neutral or happy with the pick.

It's pretty darn clear this is what's happening. I just don't get James Jones's obsession with clones of himself as a player.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Onyeka Okongwu

This is the guy I think the Suns hope will be there at #10. Nice defensive presence. Fantastic athleticism. Good closer around the hoop. Maybe he can add a jump shot.

BTW. Vernon Carey Jr is the most underrated player in this draft right now. NBADraft.net compares him to Dom Sabonis. Yep.

I also like Tyler Bey a lot.

Last edited:

JerkFace

Reaction score
Onyeka Okongwu

This is the guy I think the Suns hope will be there at #10. Nice defensive presence. Fantastic athleticism. Good closer around the hoop. Maybe he can add a jump shot.

BTW. Vernon Carey Jr is the most underrated player in this draft right now. NBADraft.net compares him to Dom Sabonis. Yep.

I also like Tyler Bey a lot.
I’ve heard that there is no way Okongwu makes it past Washington at #9 (if he manages to make it that far).

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In next segment he said of these seven he thinks these are the top 4:
Vassell
Bey
Lewis
Bane

All four players should be there at 10 in the mocks I have seen. Any of the first three are preferable to Bane.

If the Suns must draft Bane at least trade down to pick up another asset.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can remember any mocks where Onyeka Okongwu fell to 10.

If he did and the Suns didn't draft him I would have to be restrained.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard