2020 Draft

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Teams are having interest in Tyrell Terry including the Suns.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I actually am intrigued by him. I think I would take him over Kira Lewis right now.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
So I was asking because everyone has good and bad bubbles. Are we looking for a plus 3 good bubbles versus bad?

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Tucker is 35 years old and had an atrocious PER of 8.29 last year. Stay away. Stay far away.

On this I agree with you.

I really don't want PJ Tucker. I know he can hit the corner 3 and defend, but I don't want to spend 7+ million on such a limited old player.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So I was asking because everyone has good and bad bubbles. Are we looking for a plus 3 good bubbles versus bad?

Well first off not all stats are equal.

1 bubble either way doesn't mean much, it's the multiple bubbles that tell you this guy is very good or very bad at something - and that is important.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Well first off not all stats are equal.

1 bubble either way doesn't mean much, it's the multiple bubbles that tell you this guy is very good or very bad at something - and that is important.
Without a history of using the bubbles, how do I know how many bubbles is good/not good, and what do I need to see for that to be a predictor of future NBA success?

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Gambo is backtracking a tad on some of the players he nixed last week. He lists possibilities as:
Vassell
Lewis
Bey
Bane
Smith
Achiuwa
Maxey

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Gambo is backtracking a tad on some of the players he nixed last week. He lists possibilities as:
Vassell
Lewis
Bey
Bane
Smith
Achiuwa
Maxey

Bane and Maxey would be disasters. I am fine with the rest.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Vassell
Lewis
Bey
Bane
Smith
Achiuwa
Maxey

What's the knock on Jaylen Smith? He looks like a strong rim running 4/5 with a nice post-up game and ability to block shots. He would be a nice addition as it seems we are not keeping Baynes.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
What's the knock on Jaylen Smith? He looks like a strong rim running 4/5 with a nice post-up game and ability to block shots. He would be a nice addition as it seems we are not keeping Baynes.

Questions about his agility and ability to defend in space may prevent him from being able to play the 4.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Without a history of using the bubbles, how do I know how many bubbles is good/not good, and what do I need to see for that to be a predictor of future NBA success?

Because I paid a lot of attention to last year, and they predicted rookie performance very well.

Brandon Clark was basically 3rd best by the bubbles for instance, and he pretty much performed that way.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Any way we can get Wiseman and push Ayton to PF?

Seems unlikely, and I don't know how anyone who has watched Ayton his first 2 years or his year at UofA would want to be subjected to more of him at PF.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
http://www.tankathon.com/players/jalen-smith

Here is how I would look at it. Jalen Smith seems to have a pretty good, but not spectacular all-around game. His areas of weakness are not big problems for a pf (asst, asst/to ratio). Steals is a big factor to some, although I think it is a bigger indicator in pg's and wings than bigs. He has the kind of stats that make you want to dig further. Guys with generally positive stats in lots of areas, but not spectacular ones can be that way because they were younger players on a team with lots of vets. Could be a diamond in the rough.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Because I paid a lot of attention to last year, and they predicted rookie performance very well.

Brandon Clark was basically 3rd best by the bubbles for instance, and he pretty much performed that way.
Yep. Clarke is a perfect example.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If James Jones prefers Bane over Haliburton, I will never trust any scouting judgment he makes ever again.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
He’s not a terrific athlete. I have reservations whether his shot blocking translates.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison