2020 Draft

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
We could do a lot worse than Bane. I like the player a lot.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

He looks exactly like Davon Reed. Stay as far away as possible. I wouldn't even take him in the second round.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
That's true but if the NBA is all about any one single thing, it's the ability to put the ball in the hoop.
But the NBA isn't about any one single thing. As a team sport, defense is also a factor. And passing. And rebounding. And blocking.

Perhaps Deandre should take up bowling, which is all about one single thing. Throwing 10-13 high scoring frames.

And keeping his nose clean and showing up at the lanes during the season.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But the NBA isn't about any one single thing. As a team sport, defense is also a factor. And passing. And rebounding. And blocking.

Perhaps Deandre should take up bowling, which is all about one single thing. Throwing 10-13 high scoring frames.

And keeping his nose clean and showing up at the lanes during the season.

I agree and you (the generic you) can argue all day over what the number two most important thing is but I really don't think anyone can dispute that putting the ball in the basket is number one. And bowling isn't about one single thing either.:)

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I agree and you (the generic you) can argue all day over what the number two most important thing is but I really don't think anyone can dispute that putting the ball in the basket is number one. And bowling isn't about one single thing either.:)

How so? Bowling is all offense and no defense. One player at a time.

At times, playing as a team by adding up teammates' scores.

Imagine a bowler throwing a pass to a teammate.
Or trying to draw a foul. :confused:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How so? Bowling is all offense and no defense. One player at a time.

At times, playing as a team by adding up teammates' scores.

Imagine a bowler throwing a pass to a teammate.
Or trying to draw a foul. :confused:

I don't know enough about bowling (understatement) to give you a list but I know there's a little more to it than just rolling the ball. For example, you have to be able to read the lanes and adjust to differences in the surface (freshly waxed lane rolls much differently than dry or dirty lanes etc.). As for drawing a foul, I guess you could trip the person so that they cross the line? Passes are straight out though.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He looks exactly like Davon Reed. Stay as far away as possible. I wouldn't even take him in the second round.

He doesn't look anything like Devon Reed.

Devon Reed took 3 seconds to get his shot off, and had very limited movement skills comparatively which made him much worse on defense and made him a spot up shooter only.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score

I have a feeling that I am going to be frustrated on draft night.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I have a feeling that I am going to be frustrated on draft night.

You feel that strongly against Terry? I'll admit it's a risk to put so much hope in videos and reports detailing significant offseason improvement but I'm definitely intrigued. Does anyone here know, was he one of the ones we had in for a workout? If so, that would help alleviate some of my concerns.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think the Suns should rule out Kira Lewis.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Regarding Kira Lewis Jr.

From a Duane Rankin article at the Arizona Republic:

“When you recognize how fast a guy is and how quickly he gets the ball up the court and how much pressure he puts on the defense, that puts fear in you right away,” Richmond associate head coach Rob Jones said. “In the game, I felt the same way. His speed was even better than it looked on film.”

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...ies-phoenix-suns-need-point-guard/6220950002/

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You feel that strongly against Terry? I'll admit it's a risk to put so much hope in videos and reports detailing significant offseason improvement but I'm definitely intrigued. Does anyone here know, was he one of the ones we had in for a workout? If so, that would help alleviate some of my concerns.

The Suns have interviewed Terry. I'm not sure if there has been more contact.

[/QUOTE]

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Regarding Kira Lewis Jr.

From a Duane Rankin article at the Arizona Republic:

“When you recognize how fast a guy is and how quickly he gets the ball up the court and how much pressure he puts on the defense, that puts fear in you right away,” Richmond associate head coach Rob Jones said. “In the game, I felt the same way. His speed was even better than it looked on film.”

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...ies-phoenix-suns-need-point-guard/6220950002/

Tantalizing speed and it helps that he reportedly has a strong work ethic and is apparently coachable. I have a lot of concerns about the rest of his game but speed kills, especially at the PG spot. I'm not in love with the idea but I wouldn't hate the pick.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tantalizing speed and it helps that he reportedly has a strong work ethic and is apparently coachable. I have a lot of concerns about the rest of his game but speed kills, especially at the PG spot. I'm not in love with the idea but I wouldn't hate the pick.

I feel the same about Lewis.

Admittedly I'm intrigued by Tyrell Terry perhaps in a trade down.

He has an incredibly quick release on his shot and he can get to the rim. Also he is 6'3" inches in shoes.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
It’s not that I don’t like Terry, I just don’t like the value at #10, and there should be a player or two available that I like significantly more.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I feel the same about Lewis.

Admittedly I'm intrigued by Tyrell Terry perhaps in a trade down.

He has an incredibly quick release on his shot and he can get to the rim. Also he is 6'3" inches in shoes.

The way this season unfolded (with no tourney) has left me a little confused. I've watched Kira play several times (at least a half dozen games) but I'm beginning to think most of them might have been from his freshman season instead of this past one. Anyway, offensively, the player I watched reminded me more of a Leandro Barbosa type than a true playmaker but looking at his stats, he seems to have improved as a passer over what I saw.

As for Terry, I'd hesitate to trade down if he's actually our target. Someone is going to buy into those workout videos and jump on him in the lottery or shortly after and if we want him it's better to just grab him when we get the chance IMO.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s not that I don’t like Terry, I just don’t like the value at #10, and there should be a player or two available that I like significantly more.

For me, if he's the player I watched a little during the season, he's a poor choice at 10 and I'm not sure I'd want him anywere in the teens either. But if he really is the player I've read about recently and watched in offseason videos, he's value plus at 10 IMO.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The way this season unfolded (with no tourney) has left me a little confused. I've watched Kira play several times (at least a half dozen games) but I'm beginning to think most of them might have been from his freshman season instead of this past one. Anyway, offensively, the player I watched reminded me more of a Leandro Barbosa type than a true playmaker but looking at his stats, he seems to have improved as a passer over what I saw.

As for Terry, I'd hesitate to trade down if he's actually our target. Someone is going to buy into those workout videos and jump on him in the lottery or shortly after and if we want him it's better to just grab him when we get the chance IMO.

If the Suns want to draft a point guard, I would be pleased with Kira Lewis or Tyrell Terry. I have to tell you Terry excites me more because my mind immediately flashed to Trae Young.

The problem is, I haven't watched either play in live action against quality competition. That's the best way to gauge talent so I could be wrong.

With Shai Alexander and De'Aaron Fox, I had no doubt.

Then add someone like Serge Ibaka at power forward and depth.

IMO, it's less risky than going after Chris Paul but sometimes no risk it, no biscuit.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
If the Suns want to draft a point guard, I would be pleased with Kira Lewis or Tyrell Terry. I have to tell you Terry excites me more because my mind immediately flashed to Trae Young.

The problem is, I haven't watched either play in live action against quality competition. That's the best way to gauge talent so I could be wrong.

With Shai Alexander and De'Aaron Fox, I had no doubt.

Then add someone like Serge Ibaka at power forward and depth.

IMO, it's less risky than going after Chris Paul but sometimes no risk it, no biscuit.
It's that go for it that may flop with Paul, versus improving around the fringes that we have been doing with less upside.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I really would not have a problem with the Suns taking Terry at 10 if it's between him and Kira Lewis. I can see his potential.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson