2020 Arizona Cardinals training camp

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
Indeed - plus, he STILL has not been charged, and from the surveillance video that was released, it's not at ALL clear there was any truth to the accusations against him. Maybe some day the truth will come out regarding that incident.

...dave

He’s positively been charged Brother:

http://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.g...rtCases/caseInfo.asp?caseNumber=CR2019-006668

But reading the docket, the state keeps asking for continuations. Most of the time when the prosecutors do this, it means their case is dog poo and should probably be dropped altogether. So, I agree with you about what’s clear and what the truth is.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Well, we all know kickers are a strange bunch and their path is one of mental fortitude and superstitions. Therefore, I will wait on commenting on Zane till Mitch is able to give his Vulcan mind scan of him but currently Mitch is too busy on his third article revealing the thoughts of D Hop lol

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He’s positively been charged Brother:

http://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.g...rtCases/caseInfo.asp?caseNumber=CR2019-006668

But reading the docket, the state keeps asking for continuations. Most of the time when the prosecutors do this, it means their case is dog **** and should probably be dropped altogether. So, I agree with you about what’s clear and what the truth is.
Aha! Thanks for finding that. I couldn't find any mention in the news of charges being brought - only the original arrest. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

...dave

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Aha! Thanks for finding that. I couldn't find any mention in the news of charges being brought - only the original arrest. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

...dave

TBF the case is dog****. Two strippers word against Philon and his boys. Video shot from 80 yards away where you can't see crap.

I'm amazed he was ever charged and I imagine Philon is going to sue their ass off when it's over.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Zane was one of the guys that I was most worried about going into the 2019 season. And he was one of the guys that I was most happy with coming out of the 2019 season.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kliff Kingsbury trying to balance lack of contact in preseason

Cardinals coach Kliff Kingsbury has said he doesn’t mind the lack of preseason games, as it gives him more time to install without interruptions.

At some point though, his team will have to tackle and be tackled, but Kingsbury doesn’t seem to be in a rush.

It’s uncharted territory for all these guys,” Kingsbury said, via Bob McManaman of the Arizona Republic. I think we’re all trying to figure out where is that fine line where you want to get some physicality, you want to tackle to the ground and get some live work, but you want to be smart, be careful and make sure you get them all to the game as well.

“We’re all looking for that and we’ll pick our spots to do that, but we won’t have our quarterbacks hit prior to Week One. And I know Kyler [Murray] is happy about that.”

Without any live contact, or at least full contact, there’s some concern about the tackling come the regular season, but defensive line coach Brentson Buckner said he’s not concerned about that leading to bad form.

“Tackling is a want-to,” Buckner said. “I tell my guys, ‘Coaches don’t want you to tackle, but you can be physically punching your guy in the chest, separating, get in my gap, hold in double teams and when you find the ball you tear off and you run.’ We just don’t want to put the guy on the ground, but we can get all our work done.

“We can do things, physically. Hands in the chest. Getting on the edge. Making sure we’re staying square. Attacking the line of scrimmage. And then when it comes to real football, we’re going to have a walk through to get you on the ground. And when we first hunt, we’ve got to learn to hunt in packs. We’ve got to run to the ball like everybody is going to miss the tackle and somebody’s got to get it. We can’t just count on one guy doing it.”

It’s reasonable to think there will be some sloppy play when the actual games start, considering the lack of preparation this offseason. But that’s balanced by having players healthy and available, and that seems to be a chance Kingsbury’s comfortable taking.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
Kliff Kingsbury trying to balance lack of contact in preseason

Cardinals coach Kliff Kingsbury has said he doesn’t mind the lack of preseason games, as it gives him more time to install without interruptions.

At some point though, his team will have to tackle and be tackled, but Kingsbury doesn’t seem to be in a rush.

It’s uncharted territory for all these guys,” Kingsbury said, via Bob McManaman of the Arizona Republic. I think we’re all trying to figure out where is that fine line where you want to get some physicality, you want to tackle to the ground and get some live work, but you want to be smart, be careful and make sure you get them all to the game as well.

“We’re all looking for that and we’ll pick our spots to do that, but we won’t have our quarterbacks hit prior to Week One. And I know Kyler [Murray] is happy about that.”

Without any live contact, or at least full contact, there’s some concern about the tackling come the regular season, but defensive line coach Brentson Buckner said he’s not concerned about that leading to bad form.

“Tackling is a want-to,” Buckner said. “I tell my guys, ‘Coaches don’t want you to tackle, but you can be physically punching your guy in the chest, separating, get in my gap, hold in double teams and when you find the ball you tear off and you run.’ We just don’t want to put the guy on the ground, but we can get all our work done.

“We can do things, physically. Hands in the chest. Getting on the edge. Making sure we’re staying square. Attacking the line of scrimmage. And then when it comes to real football, we’re going to have a walk through to get you on the ground. And when we first hunt, we’ve got to learn to hunt in packs. We’ve got to run to the ball like everybody is going to miss the tackle and somebody’s got to get it. We can’t just count on one guy doing it.”

It’s reasonable to think there will be some sloppy play when the actual games start, considering the lack of preparation this offseason. But that’s balanced by having players healthy and available, and that seems to be a chance Kingsbury’s comfortable taking.
Lol oh man the first weeks games are gonna be a train wreck

Lagerfilled

Professional Tailgater
Reaction score
Buckner also said, that a prerequisite for playing in the NFL is being able to tackle. So if he has to teach these guys how at this stage, they clearly don’t belong. This is why IMO, they have lots of tackling dummies at practice to simulate live hitting without the risk of injury.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

New Mexico

Fan since 1976ish
Reaction score
Buckner also said, that a prerequisite for playing in the NFL is being able to tackle. So if he has to teach these guys how at this stage, they clearly don’t belong. This is why IMO, they have lots of tackling dummies at practice to simulate live hitting without the risk of injury.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I think it's funny that they need practice tackling with form. These guys are professional football players. They don't know how to tackle at this point? They've all tackled and been tackled thousands of times. Just have them watch tape and tackle the tackling dummies. The last thing we need is Cardinals injuring Cardinals.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I like Jones but I must admit he's tainted a little for me by the fact he's another of the "we had him high on our board and we're surprised we got him at X spot". When was the last time one of them worked out?

There was that Guard a few years ago we got in the 4th and was cut in camp. Last year there were several. Allen, Isabella and Butler being the prime candidates. Butler might not make it through camp. Isabella at best will be WR4 and was a 2nd round pick. Might not even be WR4. Allen underwhelmed in his few games but will give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

Then this year it's Josh Jones.

When the Cards say "we think we got a steal" it often means "we didn't see what everyone else saw".

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Raiders waived Crawley earlier this week.

He spent his first four years with the Saints, and started 23 games for them. The Saints cut him midseason, and Crawley spent some time with the Dolphins last year.

In his career, Crawley has 134 tackles, 31 passes defensed, one interception, one forced fumble and one fumble recovery. He also appeared in three postseason games with New Orleans.

Link

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I like Jones but I must admit he's tainted a little for me by the fact he's another of the "we had him high on our board and we're surprised we got him at X spot". When was the last time one of them worked out?

There was that Guard a few years ago we got in the 4th and was cut in camp. Last year there were several. Allen, Isabella and Butler being the prime candidates. Butler might not make it through camp. Isabella at best will be WR4 and was a 2nd round pick. Might not even be WR4. Allen underwhelmed in his few games but will give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

Then this year it's Josh Jones.

When the Cards say "we think we got a steal" it often means "we didn't see what everyone else saw".

thinking the organization is jinxing them?

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think there's a reason Hakeem Butler was the 13th wide receiver taken and Josh Jones was the 8th OT when both were predicted much higher.

I wonder if our scouts are missing things other teams aren't.
or the other way around or taking a flyer... high risk high reward 3rd or later round pick

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
I think there's a reason Hakeem Butler was the 13th wide receiver taken and Josh Jones was the 8th OT when both were predicted much higher.

I wonder if our scouts are missing things other teams aren't.

Josh Jones has graded out well 3rd party talent evaluators like PFF.

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
There's normally a reason players drop massively below predicted position but the Cards FO hoover them up

Kiem is the worst GM to have in place if you want to build through the draft.

Outside of Kyler, virtually none of his picks have worked out for the value they were chose.