2020-21 Around the NBA Thread

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Giannis and the Bucks made the adjustment at half time like Ayton and the Suns should have

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Giannis's knee bend really far in the wrong direction. Amazing he's able to put weight on it & walk off the court with some help.

RockinDaMike

Veteran
Reaction score
Dammit man. I wanted a battle with him.

Suns stop fn around, this championship became even more wide open now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Called it in Game 1 of the Lakers series.

Total War Of Attrition Playoffs.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I am not kidding, I was just sitting at a bar in LA and the table next to me started saying something that was crazy coming from someone in LA. Once Giannis went down they immediately said that Phoenix was going to win the title.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If the Suns can't get past the Clippers it would be the biggest blown opportunity at a Championship ever.

not even close.

The Suns aren’t some super team that’s going to be heavily favored we would be the underdogs against the Bucks

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am not kidding, I was just sitting at a bar in LA and the table next to me started saying something that was crazy coming from someone in LA. Once Giannis went down they immediately said that Phoenix was going to win the title.

I don’t find that all that crazy. All of my friends in LA hit me up last night wondering why we’re dicking around with the Clippers so much. That team really doesn’t have much of a fan base at all in that city.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I kid you not. I was so close to posting last night that the Suns just dont look like a championship and likely need a Bucks injury in order to win.

And no I didnt mean that I was wishing an injury. That kind of crazy year. I feel bad for Giannis.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I kid you not. I was so close to posting last night that the Suns just dont look like a championship and likely need a Bucks injury in order to win.

And no I didnt mean that I was wishing an injury. That kind of crazy year. I feel bad for Giannis.

The overreactions to ONE game are just making me chuckle. Before tip last night everyone thought we were Finals bound. Three games ago, we were coming off a 9 GAME PLAYOFF W STREAK, destroying teams and then winning two games back to back without CP3. And now after going 1-2 against a team that is like playing barbed wire, we’re not a championship team anymore... even though we’re still up 3-2 in the series?

A lot of you are acting like you’re expecting perfection from an UBER young team that the overwhelming majority is in the playoffs for the first time. No team ever just breezes to a title on their first run. There’s usually growing pains and losses in playoffs for multiple SEASONS before they even get to this point.

Last night sucked royally but the sky is falling chorus is really strange... and that’s coming from someone who people almost always accuse of saying the sky is falling about all of our teams.

Last edited:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FYI another Bay Area rumor has the Warriors offering Wiseman and the pick to Cleveland to try and get Collin Sexton. Talented scorer but very ball dominant doesn't fit the Warriors scheme and undersized 2 on a team that would like to get Curry off the ball more if they can so that seems unlikely to me.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I going to be shocked if Giannis didn’t tear something.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
His knee went 25 degrees the wrong way.

In my professional opinion he tore every ligament and is out 9 months

The good news is the way he was bending the knee he didn't tear the patellar tendon.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose