2020-21 Around the NBA Thread

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
both of those teams have clearly ONE star surrounded by other good players. The Suns have two.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
both of those teams have clearly ONE star surrounded by other good players. The Suns have two.

Well you say that, but Booker has not really been playing even as well as Middleton lately.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Hawks look disjointed on offense without Young and the Bucks are totally dominating inside.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As bad as the Hawks played they only trail 65-56 at halftime.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Its not expecting perfection.
Its usually the more talented team wins. Clippers have more talent and are just missing Kawhi. Lakers had more talent and were missing AD/75% LeBron.

Giannis will/would be the best player on the floor in the finals. And unlike other teams they'd have their 2nd best player on the floor. (Obviously the Clippers best is with Kawhi though)

It has nothing to do with the Suns and mostly to do with the other teams. There is nothing wrong with that as no one will care (in Arizona at least) as long as they win the championship. Crazy stuff happens almost every year.

Things are destined for a Suns team to win the championship. On them to capitalize.

Sorry, but this post just skims the surface of the big name injuries which is a pretty superficial focus.

Chris Paul has played at a historically elite level for a point guard in key spots in these playoffs to help push the Suns into the Finals. He has what, 2 games with over 40 points and zero turnovers? That is historic. Kawhi doesn't stop that, just like the presences of "MVP" Jokovic didn't. The Lakers are past their prime and AD failed to put in the conditioning work to stay healthy. We have our own stars in Book and CP3 that can perform at the same level or better than the big names you mention, and a rising star in Ayton that has outperformed his counterparts in key moments in this run. Our role players are unmatched.

The chemistry this team has been able to put together involving multiple contributions from many different players, exactly the way the game is supposed to be played, has been amazing. This started in "the bubble" and carried through this season. We have had stretches with key players out, or playing injured, and managed to push through as a "team".

Your talent comparisons are debatable. But as we know, championships are made of grit, good decision making and good coaching, not just "talent". There are lots of football analogies here, guys who have not been the most "talented" but who have outperformed their opponents.

This has "nothing to do with the Suns"?? Come on man.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I close my eyes I can still see Brook Lopez dunking on the Hawks. They were destroyed inside by the Bucks. It's like the Hawks had no interior defense.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
When I close my eyes I can still see Brook Lopez dunking on the Hawks. They were destroyed inside by the Bucks. It's like the Hawks had no interior defense.

That's surprising since Capella played. He was questionable when I was reading about their injuries before the game. He suffered an eye injury late in game 4. I didn't think that would hurt him much defensively if he did play but maybe that was a part of it. He did only play 21 minutes though, most other starters were in the mid 30's.

Atlanta also has Collins, who isn't a strong 1 on 1 defender but is a good weak side help defender and shot blocker.

I guess their defense is just worse than I've seen previously. Not that they're good, but they've been average on that end.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's surprising since Capella played. He was questionable when I was reading about their injuries before the game. He suffered an eye injury late in game 4. I didn't think that would hurt him much defensively if he did play but maybe that was a part of it. He did only play 21 minutes though, most other starters were in the mid 30's.

Atlanta also has Collins, who isn't a strong 1 on 1 defender but is a good weak side help defender and shot blocker.

I guess their defense is just worse than I've seen previously. Not that they're good, but they've been average on that end.

The Bucks played like a team possessed last night freely taking it to the rim with little or no opposition. How the Hawks were within 9 points at halftime was bizarre.

The Hawks played no interior defense and they played like they didn't have a point guard which they didn't with Trae Young out. The game was closer than it should have been.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The Bucks played like a team possessed last night freely taking it to the rim with little or no opposition. How the Hawks were within 9 points at halftime was bizarre.

The Hawks played no interior defense and they played like they didn't have a point guard which they didn't with Trae Young out. The game was closer than it should have been.
The Hawks came back because the Bucks were so sloppy with the ball. They were taking lots of dumb shots early in the shot clock. That team really seems to lose focus. The Hawks, like the Suns, play much more disciplined.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I really hope to see Torrey Craig get at least 20mpg defending Middleton if we play the Bucks next series. Middleton has a very similar shot/dribble pass profile to George.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
He should be cut for that. At least Ben Wallace pushed MettaWorld Peace in front of him. And CP3 didn’t even say anything or committed a hard foul like Artest did to Ben. He just lit his *** up for 40. And the bad thing was he was mocking him the entire series. That was some mentally weak punk shhhhhh

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

It should have been at least two games like when Robert Horry knocked Steve Nash into the scorer's table.

Light punishment only acts as encouragement.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Patrick Beverley gets paid $14,320,987 next season by the Clippers. smh

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Beverley is a coward. That’s a cowards act, not a man’s act.
he's a goon and he really could have hurt Paul. I'm glad Paul got right back up and shrugged it off, as to just let his on the court ***whooping speak for itself. The Clippers talk a lot and have a dirty side to them. they definitely try to bait the other team into technical and flagrant fouls. Good to see them get eliminated.