2020-21 Around the NBA Thread

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
To my surprise, the Hawks are the much better “team.” Young is of course incredible, but they play as a team far better than the Bucks.
The Bucks seem much more undisciplined and dysfunctional for longer stretches, whereas the Hawks seem to rarely play that way.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
To my surprise, the Hawks are the much better “team.” Young is of course incredible, but they play as a team far better than the Bucks.
The Bucks seem much more undisciplined and dysfunctional for longer stretches, whereas the Hawks seem to rarely play that way.

What scares me is how many high quality 3 point attempts they jack up.

The Clippers have been doing this to us but I think the Hawks would drain even more.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To the Clippers credit I actually think they will be the toughest opponent we will have faced.

But yeah I think either team would present a solid challenge for the Suns.

Do you think if the Bucks pull it out they will put PJ Tucker on Booker?

no. I think Book can get by Tucker enough that eventually they’ll have to switch him off.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Looks to me like millwaukee has taken total control.

I am thinking bucks in 5.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I keep going back and forth on who I want to face in the finals assuming we get there.

When Middleton is on like tonight, they have a 1-2 punch as strong as any with Giannis

Assuming we get there, at this point I think our opponent is much less important than the group we send. Will it be the healthy Suns team we've been fortunate to have most of the season? It's not looking great on that count but hope springs eternal.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is something I have come to expect from Charles Barkley.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is something I have come to expect from Charles Barkley.

not a surprise. He has been saying millwaukee would win the title since the start of the playoffs.

will make the suns victory a little bit sweeter.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Apparently Trae Young sprained his ankle. That's huge for Atlanta since he's their offense. Might as well call it Bucks in 5 if its serious.

He said he could play on it but Hate McMillan mentioned that as a reason they didn't put him back in towards the end of the game.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
JRue and Middleton will be a problem for the Suns. And of course Giannis will get his. He just can’t shoot a ft.

Last edited:

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
One thing that's encouraging about a matchup with the Bucks is how the Heat had their number last year in the playoffs and Jae Crowder was a big part of that team. The Suns have also had a lot of luck against them, even when we sucked, so I'm not too worried about them.

Their size is a little troubling on paper but in reality, Brook Lopez is a 3pt chucker, Giannis can't score outside of the paint and doesn't draw contact because he sucks at the line, and PJ Tucker is an even older slower version of the guy we used to complain about being slow and one dimensional. Middleton and Holiday do worry me some but they're inconsistent.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dennis Lindsey will become an advisor to the Jazz.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Penny Hardaway interviewed for the Orlando Magic head coaching position.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So. Is Chris Paul going to be an NBA coach or GM some day?

I think he'd prefer a front office role over coaching. That's just based on being president of the players association. I don't know if Paul has the temperament to be a head coach with developing players and team building from that side. As an executive though I think he'd be solid. He'd have more control in a GM position as well.

James Jones was also a member of the PA in his days, I believe reaching treasurer. He went right to the front office from playing. I see Paul similarly.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
One thing that's encouraging about a matchup with the Bucks is how the Heat had their number last year in the playoffs and Jae Crowder was a big part of that team. The Suns have also had a lot of luck against them, even when we sucked, so I'm not too worried about them.

Their size is a little troubling on paper but in reality, Brook Lopez is a 3pt chucker, Giannis can't score outside of the paint and doesn't draw contact because he sucks at the line, and PJ Tucker is an even older slower version of the guy we used to complain about being slow and one dimensional. Middleton and Holiday do worry me some but they're inconsistent.
Lots of size. Lopez can, and still does, work the post with a mismatch. Giannis is a beast down low and when coming downhill. And they bring Portis off the bench. We’ve definitely had success against them, but they’re a difficult matchup as they’ve got size, defensive wings, and 3 point shooting.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lots of size. Lopez can, and still does, work the post with a mismatch. Giannis is a beast down low and when coming downhill. And they bring Portis off the bench. We’ve definitely had success against them, but they’re a difficult matchup as they’ve got size, defensive wings, and 3 point shooting.

They're much tougher with Portis playing quality minutes again.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Scottie Pippen just accused Phil Jackson of being a racist because he let Kukoc take a final shot against the Knicks. Could this guy be anymore desperate to stay relevant?? So in a split decision at the end of the game....Pippen is selling....Jackson thought.....which white guy can I have make this shot?!?!?! Then he goes on to give his incoherent babble on a call to Steve Kerr by MJ saying MJ was just playing to cameras.

Pippen is a tool.

Last edited: