2020-21 Around the NBA Thread

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Riley loses $25k for directly.saying that James is always welcome back in Miami and that he's left a key under the mat for him. If that key's too old or LeBron forgot where it was, he'll make him another.

While Morey loses $75k for a tweet for saying "Join'em" after Steph praised Seth's performance online.

That doesn't make sense to me.
They amount to the same thing: “come play for us.” But I assume Riley was explicitly asked about James return so at least he was responding to a question not just independently courting a player.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They amount to the same thing: “come play for us.” But I assume Riley was explicitly asked about James return so at least he was responding to a question not just independently courting a player.

Here's a piece, with video from the interview.

https://awfulannouncing.com/nba/pat-riley-fined-new-key-comments-lebron.html

Riley was asked whether he was responsible for LeBron coming to Miami or if Wade was since both take credit for it. Riley straight up says if he answered truthfully he'd be excommunicated from the league. Then he follows it up with the key comments.

I don't see how Morey's tweet was deemed worse than that since he was fined 3 times as much.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't see how Morey's tweet was deemed worse than that since he was fined 3 times as much.

Maybe the league is still pissed about Morey costing them all that China money?

More likely though, does anyone know the fine history for either man, especially for tampering violations?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rudy Gobert is Defensive Player of the Year. It's his third.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
People also say midrange jumpers are for fools. Chris Paul. Devin Booker.

This was the secret to Paul Pierce's playoff success. In the playoffs, defenses are going to be more keyed in and offenses aren't going to get their ideal shots. You have to make do with shots in a lower efficiency tier, like mid-range jumpers. If you're well above average with mid-range jumpers, that suddenly becomes immensely valuable when you don't have access to fast-break layups and wide-open threes anymore.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This was the secret to Paul Pierce's playoff success. In the playoffs, defenses are going to be more keyed in and offenses aren't going to get their ideal shots. You have to make do with shots in a lower efficiency tier, like mid-range jumpers. If you're well above average with mid-range jumpers, that suddenly becomes immensely valuable when you don't have access to fast-break layups and wide-open threes anymore.
Layman’s way of saying it. Sometimes ya just have to get the buckets that you can get.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The way the Suns are playing, I am not sure it matters who we face next.

We still have to win two more in this series. I think we will come back to Phoenix up 3-1. However, if we allow them to win 2 in Denver, the series momentum will swing. Can't let that happen.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

We still have to win two more in this series. I think we will come back to Phoenix up 3-1. However, if we allow them to win 2 in Denver, the series momentum will swing. Can't let that happen.

I agree with this. Its a little too early to look ahead and the next rounds matchup. While we we have a nice lead over Denver, we're only holding serve right now. Until we win on their home court, we're not really ahead in the series.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don’t think Phoenix can go seven games with a healthy Nets team. Matchup nightmare

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If we were Bucks fans, y’all would get so sick of my Giannis bashing. I can’t understand for the life of me why that guy is averaging 10 THREES A GAME in this series.

especially when he’s only made 3/30!!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Bucks traded Eric Bledsoe and the rest of their first picks for all eternity for... Eric Bledsoe II.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I expect Game 3 against the Nuggets to be a lot like this one.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

the suns are not playing that great. Denver is just a very inferior team in their current condition.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I expect Game 3 against the Nuggets to be a lot like this one.

what was that? I could not believe how impotent both teams were.

some terrible shot selection too.

it does seem like the nets are a bit Jedkle and Hyde, sometimes they look unbeatable, other times they play like crap like tonight.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Bucks traded Eric Bledsoe and the rest of their first picks for all eternity for... Eric Bledsoe II.

That trade seemed off to me when it went down. It was a slight upgrade but I wondered why some people were raving over how much it improved the Bucks. They dealt a 2nd Team All Defense undersized combo guard for a 1st Team All Defense normal sized combo guard. It wasn't.much of an upgrade on the court and considering the additional pieces, Milwaukee went all in for it.

If they had simply matched Brogdon's deal a year prior then they never would have been in that position. They didn't pay Brogdon because they paid Bledsoe, and that was a mistake from the start. They should have dealt paid Bledsoe for whatever they could, straight up, after paying Brogdon.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That trade seemed off to me when it went down. It was a slight upgrade but I wondered why some people were raving over how much it improved the Bucks. They dealt a 2nd Team All Defense undersized combo guard for a 1st Team All Defense normal sized combo guard. It wasn't.much of an upgrade on the court and considering the additional pieces, Milwaukee went all in for it.

If they had simply matched Brogdon's deal a year prior then they never would have been in that position. They didn't pay Brogdon because they paid Bledsoe, and that was a mistake from the start. They should have dealt paid Bledsoe for whatever they could, straight up, after paying Brogdon.

Yep. I have absolutely no idea why they paid Bledsoe instead of Brogdon. Made zero sense.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

Holiday is much better than Bledsoe. Im surprised Suns fans who’ve watched Bledsoe play don’t realize how poor his bbiq is and how overrated his defense is.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose