2020-21 Around the NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Phoenix Suns' started by JCSunsfan, Nov 25, 2020.

1. Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown I'm better than Mulli!

o_O

2. Russ Smith

Russ Smith The Original Whizzinator Contributor

Steph has made 30 of 65 shots this season over 30 feet deep. in the last 8 games he's 14-20 from beyond 30 including 4-4 in the Kings win.

3. Ouchie-Z-Clown

He’s just a video game.

AzStevenCal likes this.
  4. JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan Registered User

I kinda wonder what Monty could make of him. I have a hunch that Bagley will eventually be a good player.
    So which stat is more impressive? Stephs 30-65 from 30+ or CP3's 65 to 3 assist to TO run.

5. Russ Smith

I don't watch enough Suns games to speculate but I doubt people are guarding CP3 the way they guard Curry.
    CP3 has clearly had a huge impact on the Suns though you can argue he should be in the MVP discussion as should Booker

6. Hoop Head

Hoop Head Registered

Steph is shooting better from 30+ feet than any team in the league is shooting from regular 3pt range. Thats insane.

7. AzStevenCal

AzStevenCal ASFN Contributor Contributor

Yeah, teams are going to have to start forcing him to take layups or maybe triple teaming him before he gets the ball. <not serious>

If you have enough guards/wings to absorb the fouls, beating the hell out of him before he gets the ball or before he starts his shooting motion seems to be the way most teams defend him. He's added some muscle so that he can take more of a beating but it's still about the only way to wear him down.

8. Ouchie-Z-Clown

Man those are two next level a. Omplishmwbts.

9. cheesebeef

cheesebeef Registered User Contributor

couldn't have said it better myself.

10. Ouchie-Z-Clown

I felt that was the most appropriate way to express my feelings on the matter.

11. elindholm

elindholm edited for content

Borg

12. Russ Smith

Horrible game last night for the Warriors. I still don't like Luka, the constant grinning etc and the way he hooks with the off arm and then flails and gets fouls but man is he good. They had a 28-0 run in the first quarter to put the Warriors away. Steph came out hot in the 3rd quarter, quick 8 points and it looked like maybe they could make a run and Luka just said not on my watch. 23 in the quarter ate Wiggins alive, and Wigg has become a good defender. He's just got this "pace" for lack of a better word that no matter what's going on around him, he's under control. And he uses that big body to get room and he's got amazing touch, probably uses the glass as well as anybody in the NBA.

13. AzStevenCal

AzStevenCal ASFN Contributor Contributor

Yeah I've grown to really despise the guy but he's an incredible player. If he has a long and healthy career he'll probably become one of the top 5 players of all time, the most popular player world-wide and likely the most disliked player ever by American fans.

Russ Smith likes this.
  14. Russ Smith

For me it's the smirk and the flops but yeah he's REALLY good. At the end of the half he just went coast to coast under control. Curry tried to take a charge he pulled up short of the charge and hit the floater just so under control.

There was a stretch in the 3rd quarter where 3 times he hooked Wiggins and not only got away with it, twice HE got the foul called on Wiggins. Wiggins was furious as was Kerr. Kerr finally got a T when the Mavs stole an outlet the player dribbled the ball, stopped at the foul line, shot fakes and then dribbles again and passes to I think Luka who nailed the 3. Kerr came out on the court screaming for the double dribble they called a T and then later we were told by TNT that the ref during a break had apologized to Kerr and admitted on the replay it was double dribble and Kerr was right. Didn't matter 30 point blowout the whole game but kerr was frustrated because Luka kept getting away with the hook but he's VERY subtle at it. On one play I think he actually hooked Wiggins, had a piece of his own jersey and then fell back and the ref saw the jersey and thought Wiggins was holding him. Annoying but also brilliant.

15. Mainstreet

Mainstreet Registered User Contributor

Someone needs to start flopping on the hook or lock arms.