2020-21 Around the NBA Thread

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's frustrating to see teams improve and the Suns stand pat.
Players are looking for contenders, but they are looking for a hole, a role that they can fill.

The Suns don't really have that. Back up big is not really that appealing.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Players are looking for contenders, but they are looking for a hole, a role that they can fill.

The Suns don't really have that. Back up big is not really that appealing.

I think we are watching different teams. Suns will need more size against bigger teams.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Celtics will consider signing DeMarcus Cousins.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
didn’t think about that. I’d rather see Nash get a ring as HC than LeBron and the Lakers get another one.

If we’re not in it, I still want to see Lakers v. Nets so we can have the equivalent of a rubber match between LeBron and KD if they’re both healthy.

Bron beat him with the stacked Heat. KD beat him with the stacked Warriors. One final showdown with both teams stacked would just be fun for history sake.

I urge you to reconsider this post. There is nothing fun about the Lakers in the finals.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I urge you to reconsider this post. There is nothing fun about the Lakers in the finals.

Watching them lose in the finals is fun and its twice as good nowadays since LeBron is there. I enjoy watching him lose in the finals also.

The Pistons title in 02 or 03 when they smoked the super Lakers with Malone and Payton was probably the most satisfying NBA finals I've seen in the last 25 years or so.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Knicks waive Terrance Ferguson and Vincent Poirier.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Watching them lose in the finals is fun and its twice as good nowadays since LeBron is there. I enjoy watching him lose in the finals also.

The Pistons title in 02 or 03 when they smoked the super Lakers with Malone and Payton was probably the most satisfying NBA finals I've seen in the last 25 years or so.

08’ finals were better when they blew a 24 pt lead in game 4 vs Boston. Of course they won the next two but still...

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
08’ finals were better when they blew a 24 pt lead in game 4 vs Boston. Of course they won the next two but still...

and then capped the Finals by getting thumped by 38 points... in a game where Kobe hit a tough shot in the first and yelled at the camera NOT TONIGHT!

that destruction was delicious to watch.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Spurs sign Gorgui Dieng.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bucks sign Jeff Teague.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Do we even have a roster spot available? I thought Torres Craig used the final spot.

I'm not sure who would be waived and I don't see James Jones waiving someone here for someone who was bought out. I guess I'd waive Galloway if I had to cut someone loose but I wouldn't be eager to.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Charles Barkley is not walking through that door, posters. Amare Stoudemire is not walking through that door, and Steve Nash is not walking through that door. And if you expect them to walk through that door, they’re going to be fat, gray and old. What these Suns are, mostly, is young, exciting, hardworking, and they’re going to improve. People don’t realize that, and as soon as they realize those other guys are not coming through that door, the better this forum will be for all of us because there are guys in that locker room playing their asses off. I wish we had a lot of space under the salary cap. I wish we could buy the world. We can’t; the only thing they can do is work hard, and all this negativity sucks. I’ve been around when Frank Kush was booed. I’ve been around when Connie Hawkins was booed. And it stinks. The only thing that will turn this around is being upbeat and positive like they are in that locker room.

Rick Pitino speech with a Phoenix spin for those that don't recognize it - offered mostly for fun

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson