2020-21 Around the NBA Thread

cheesebeef

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's unlikely (hopefully very unlikely) but I don't think it would require an actual collapse as much as it would require a very strong finish from Denver or LAC (and both teams have the tiebreaker against us).

I expect us to finish 2nd but if you look at our schedule we have 7 games remaining that we could lose with less than our best effort. I'm not even talking about the Brooklyn giveaway or a half-hearted effort like the one that led to a loss in Detroit. We're looking at Atlanta (2nd night of a b2b), New York, LAL, Golden State, Portland and back to back games in San Antonio. Not only are we about to play 8 games in 13 days, all but 2 of those games are on the orad.

I think you have battered fan syndrome Steve. And I don’t blame you. Part of me keeps waiting for that moment where we totally stumble, but this team is too good to have played .800 ball for months only to fall apart and go 4-4 down the stretch or worse, likely 3-4 after tonight’s W. It also assumes there’s much of a chance that the Nuggets or the Clippers go 8-0. The Clippers have shown all season they aren’t going to lull themselves to get the highest seed and Denver faces a murderers row like us.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
It's unlikely (hopefully very unlikely) but I don't think it would require an actual collapse as much as it would require a very strong finish from Denver or LAC (and both teams have the tiebreaker against us).

I expect us to finish 2nd but if you look at our schedule we have 7 games remaining that we could lose with less than our best effort. I'm not even talking about the Brooklyn giveaway or a half-hearted effort like the one that led to a loss in Detroit. We're looking at Atlanta (2nd night of a b2b), New York, LAL, Golden State, Portland and back to back games in San Antonio. Not only are we about to play 8 games in 13 days, all but 2 of those games are on the orad.
Don't forget we are the best road team in the NBA, so...

Hoop Head

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

I'm grateful theres a play-in since we finish the season in San Antonio. If they finished as our 1st round opponent wed be looking at 9 straight games against them, potentially. That could happen for us but they'll need to beat someone else in the play-in round. Those final 2 games will be more important if we face them in the 1st round though. You don't want to face a team that just whipped you twice.

Absolute Zero

Reaction score

Don't forget that the Suns have been road warriors dating back to "the bubble". This year, they are the best road team in the NBA, winning 70% of their road games.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nba/trend/win_trends/is_away

AzStevenCal

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't forget that the Suns have been road warriors dating back to "the bubble". This year, they are the best road team in the NBA, winning 70% of their road games.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nba/trend/win_trends/is_away

Yeah we've been great on the road and hopefully it will continue but this isn't a typical road trip. I'll say it again, we have 8 games in 13 days - which includes 2 sets of back to backs, and the only game we won't have to travel for is the last game of the season against the Spurs.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Mainstreet

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tyrese Haliburton will likely miss the rest of the season.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media