2020-21 Around the NBA Thread

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The clippers having five guys that can drive the hole, with three of them being high level ballhandler/finishers makes them dangerous.

Gobert a inability to take advantage of them going small is a killer for the jazz. I’m concerned Ayton would likewise not take advantage offensively.

Utah is running zero lobs for Rudy out of pick and roll. Suns would uh be doing things much differently.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Suns’ fans PTSD from George running hot from outside in a couple games against us with regular season level defense...lol.

Suns will/would crush Clippers.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Might get crushed for this, but I think a healthy Lakers team based on star power would have overwhelmed the Suns eventually. Saw glimpses in game 3.

I really hope the Clippers lose to the Jazz. Cause I'd fear Kawhi/PG in a game 7.

Now I know that sounds off after their failure last year against the Nuggets. Just saying I'd rather not risk playing a series where they have two guys who can be the best players on the floor.

I'd obviously take Book/Paul right now over PG. However, itd be crazy to deny his potential and the fact he's going to get crushed if they lose again.

I'd give the Suns a good shot to beat the Clippers as well, but give me the Jazz all day.

Leonard and George are tough match-ups for the Suns. There is really no defending them when their shots are on target.

As for the Lakers, you play the team in front of you.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Might get crushed for this, but I think a healthy Lakers team based on star power would have overwhelmed the Suns eventually. Saw glimpses in game 3.

I really hope the Clippers lose to the Jazz. Cause I'd fear Kawhi/PG in a game 7.

Now I know that sounds off after their failure last year against the Nuggets. Just saying I'd rather not risk playing a series where they have two guys who can be the best players on the floor.

I'd obviously take Book/Paul right now over PG. However, itd be crazy to deny his potential and the fact he's going to get crushed if they lose again.

I'd give the Suns a good shot to beat the Clippers as well, but give me the Jazz all day.

To be fair much of what you saw in game 3 was due to Chris Paul being a liability on the court. But you won't get crushed for the opinion that the Lakers best was better than our best, it's been voiced many times here. A healthy Lakers team was beyond us. But no one has seen that healthy Lakers team since the middle of February.

The Clippers are an enigma. Sometimes they look unbeatable and sometimes they just look like a bunch of guys thrown together for the first time.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's interesting the Jazz don't have many point guard options on their regular roster other than Mike Conley. When Conley is out it mostly falls on Mitchell.

Clarkson is more of a combo guard with the focus on shooting guard.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sounds like what we all posted before the Nuggets series. I think we beat the Clippers in 5 and Utah in 4 or 5.

no way.

lf you can’t see the clear difference in talent with Utah and the clippers compared to Denver you just aren’t paying attention.

suns cannot beat the clippers if they play like they are tonight.

I don’t like the notion of going into a series depending on mental weakness of the opponent to win.

really hoping Utah gets their act together quick, but it feels like the clippers have figured out how to defend them.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Suns’ fans PTSD from George running hot from outside in a couple games against us with regular season level defense...lol.

Suns will/would crush Clippers.

no they will not.

suns will be very lucky to win.

Azlen

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This really needs to become a meme.
You must be registered for see images attach

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gobert has been ineffective thus far in 16 minutes with 1 point and 4 rebounds. It's hard to believe the Jazz can't get him involved.

They can't win without one of their best players contributing.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It wont be easy but what do the suns have to do to make you stop selling them short?

selling them short?

I’m just going by the stats, and the fact we have nobody who guards George or Kawhi well.

also they will play 5 out and make ayton play the perimeter, which he isn’t real good at.

not saying suns can’t win but honestly I would not favor the suns in the matchup.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
To be fair much of what you saw in game 3 was due to Chris Paul being a liability on the court. But you won't get crushed for the opinion that the Lakers best was better than our best, it's been voiced many times here. A healthy Lakers team was beyond us. But no one has seen that healthy Lakers team since the middle of February.

The Clippers are an enigma. Sometimes they look unbeatable and sometimes they just look like a bunch of guys thrown together for the first time.
The one thing the Suns have that the Mavs and Jazz dont have is two legit scoring options. I think CP3 would have to be more like he was against Denver in terms of looking for his shot.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Gobert has been ineffective thus far in 16 minutes with 1 point and 4 rebounds. It's hard to believe the Jazz can't get him involved.

They can't win without one of their best players contributing.
Part of the problem is the lack of Conley. Need someone who can actually get him the ball.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Part of the problem is the lack of Conley. Need someone who can actually get him the ball.

This is why I mentioned earlier it's surprising the Jazz don't have more point guard options on their roster.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
selling them short?

I’m just going by the stats, and the fact we have nobody who guards George or Kawhi well.

also they will play 5 out and make ayton play the perimeter, which he isn’t real good at.

not saying suns can’t win but honestly I would not favor the suns in the matchup.

lmao

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The one thing the Suns have that the Mavs and Jazz dont have is two legit scoring options. I think CP3 would have to be more like he was against Denver in terms of looking for his shot.

The Suns have been getting near double digit scoring from their starters which makes them hard to defend not to mention their intensity on defense. It's not just Paul and Booker.

The problem is, when Leonard and George are on, it's nearly impossible to defend their outside shooting because they shoot over the top of the defense and they are quicker than most forwards inside.

Forwards Jae Crowder, Mikal Bridges, Torrey Craig and Cam Johnson would be important in a series with the Clippers not to mention Ayton at center.

Also the Suns have a backup point guard in Cam Payne who can break down a defense.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The problem is, when Leonard and George are on, it's nearly impossible to defend their outside shooting because they shoot over the top of the defense and they are quicker than most forwards inside.
This. If we get a George/Leonard duo that turns it's on...then it's gonna be extremely tough. But if those two shoot even mediocre from the field then we will sail imo. I still don't think this team cares personally..they will come out prepared regardless.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Clippers have been, and would be, a tougher matchup for the Suns. I want homecourt, but maybe that wouldn't be for the best?

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Suns have won 5 of the last 7 by double digits. Really not scared of anything but a healthy Nets team
Other than that this title has a great chance of becoming ours.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the NBA All-Defensive Teams.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media