2019 Draft Prospects...

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns should have cleared up that situation in private talks with his agent because Bledsoe wanted out.

I don't think he wanted out at that time. He and his agent wanted a new contract but I think even that conversation came around after the draft. Regardless, a draft night trade involving Bledsoe and the selection of Fox would have helped our future. That is, of course, assuming it didn't cost us Ayton.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think he wanted out at that time. He and his agent wanted a new contract but I think even that conversation came around after the draft. Regardless, a draft night trade involving Bledsoe and the selection of Fox would have helped our future. That is, of course, assuming it didn't cost us Ayton.

Maybe so. I'm not sure. However, Bledsoe wanting a max contract should have been a good indicator to trade him.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
For some reason McD was really all in for Bledsoe. He was McD's golden child.
Yep, and that was a big problem. He traded for him early in his tenure with the Suns and it may have cost him his job in the end. Especially knowing that Sarver liked Fox in the 2017 draft.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
For some reason McD was really all in for Bledsoe. He was McD's golden child.
I think this is probably true. It might explain why McD reacted so emotionally to the hair salon tweet. That, and of course the fact that Bledsoe was clearly intentially dogging it on the court--which I still find amazingly unethical.

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I was a huge fan of Fox but I do not recall him not wanting to have anything to do with the Suns.

Yeah I am like Rainman and remember stuff people dont recall. Yes he avoided any meetings wih the Suns and was trying to avoid the Suns and liked Sac, yeah his Team didnt liek the Instablity of the Suns Franchise,

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I am like Rainman and remember stuff people dont recall. Yes he avoided any meetings wih the Suns and was trying to avoid the Suns and liked Sac, yeah his Team didnt liek the Instablity of the Suns Franchise,

I think you're mis-remembering. His agent wanted to avoid making him compete for a starting job and would only schedule visits with teams that had high picks and an available starting PG slot. There was never, to my knowledge, any slams against the organization and we were one of several teams they avoided (Boston for sure, don't remember who else).

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I think you're mis-remembering. His agent wanted to avoid making him compete for a starting job and would only schedule visits with teams that had high picks and an available starting PG slot. There was never, to my knowledge, any slams against the organization and we were one of several teams they avoided (Boston for sure, don't remember who else).

I listen to 98.7 all day and work at home, there was a knock of him not wanting to go to Phoenix from Gambo I believe, I remember good about it. Because I live in Kings Area, and he was wanting to go to Sac

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Every time I feel annoyed that the Suns took JJ instead of Fox I think that had that happened they might not currently have Ayton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I forgot about how Fox didn't want to work out for the Suns or something like that. I can't blame him for that though. I don't recall if he actually declined our invitation or if we actually extended one though. I remember he was only briefly discussed as an option for us though. We did have Bledsoe, Knight, and Ulis here already. Ulis had a good final stretch of that season and had also signed a contract with us after being drafted that was similar to that of a 1st round pick with the length and team options. At the least we had Bledsoe and a young backup in Ulis already and some could say we had Bledsoe, Knight, and Ulis but I think Knight was viewed as more of a tweener by then and didn't factor in much as a PG for us. I can totally understand why Fox wouldn't want to come here and be thrown into that though, especially since the 3 headed PG mess was much fresher then as well.

Also the Suns had honed in on drafting Jackson as well. Any thoughts of the Suns drafting Fox had disappeared early in the process so I was disappointed. Also lots of noise about Jackson having refused to work out for the Celtics.

In these type situations if a team really likes a player, they should draft him. Lonzo Ball might be an exception because of all the hoopla.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I listen to 98.7 all day and work at home, there was a knock of him not wanting to go to Phoenix from Gambo I believe, I remember good about it. Because I live in Kings Area, and he was wanting to go to Sac

There was an article (probably several) about it at the same time talking about how the Kings were finally on the right side of things with a prospect. It explained why his agent wouldn't let him work out for Boston and the Suns and why, for the first time in years, a highly touted prospect actually wanted to work out for Sacramento. It was all about getting a good chance to shine in his rookie season. Gambo and others just reacted to the initial report that he wasn't going to work out for us and as is almost always the case here, the speculation put us in a bad light.

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
There was an article (probably several) about it at the same time talking about how the Kings were finally on the right side of things with a prospect. It explained why his agent wouldn't let him work out for Boston and the Suns and why, for the first time in years, a highly touted prospect actually wanted to work out for Sacramento. It was all about getting a good chance to shine in his rookie season. Gambo and others just reacted to the initial report that he wasn't going to work out for us and as is almost always the case here, the speculation put us in a bad light.

Ok makes sense

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok makes sense

Thanks. BTW, after some PR backlash, I think we did actually get to see him work out (maybe Boston too), we just didn't get a private visit from him. My memory isn't perfect on this but I think we got to watch his Sacramento workout and the Celtics watched him workout for Philly. Something like that anyway.

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
Every time I feel annoyed that the Suns took JJ instead of Fox I think that had that happened they might not currently have Ayton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maybe not but fox wasn't that great his first year either , he had a similar year to JJ so they still would have had a good chance of picking first

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe not but fox wasn't that great his first year either , he had a similar year to JJ so they still would have had a good chance of picking first

It's true and even if we didn't get Ayton, there's Doncic and others on the menu too. But I suspect it would go much differently as Bledsoe's sabotage and trade demand had a lot to do with sending us into tank mode so early. Perhaps with a decent point guard, something that the up and down Fox was on occasion, we'd have remained competitive far longer into the season. Hard to tell.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bol Bol reportedly has a season ending injury.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah and that's the concern with Bol Bol. You never know if a strong gust of wind will break him in two.

Yep several nice calls here from posters who said he looks like injuries will be a problem for him.

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
This team needs to trade whatever they have to besides like ayton to get Zion if they don't get the first pick, he's a franchise changer

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I can't either but still gotta try to make them an offer they can't refuse

I say we offer Booker, Ayton, our next 10 first round picks, eternal life, the holy grail, the first born child of every Suns fan, and all the drugs...

But I'd still expect them to say, "No way! Did you SEE that dunk?!"

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn