2019 Draft Prospects...

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would be fine with trading our own pick with light protections along with Ryan Anderson if we get a good young player that is on a good contract

I think Zion and RJ are the only great prospects in this draft class and RJ Barrett is maybe a poor fit though I could imagine Booker and RJ playing together. But yeah Zion and RJ are locks to go 1&2.

Ja Morant is a talented PG and would be my third choice.

I read some Suns fans raving about Rui Hachimura from Gonzaga but I would never ever ever consider drafting him. If you see a forward prospect that is under 2 combined steals+blocks per 36 min your alarm bells should go off.

1. Zion
2. RJ
3. Morant

Reddish is too risky of a pick right now considering we have Bridges, Jackson, Warren and Oubre and Reddish to me looks very much to be in the Bridges/Oubre mold.

Nassir Little - horrible block/steal/assists numbers especially given his wingspan he should be getting a lot more blocks and steals.

Bol Bol - nice project but we have zero need or use for a project center and he is not a better prospect than Ayton.

Kevin Porter, now that is an interesting prospect but his horrible FT% turns me off however he played only 6 games so it might be a fluke. Don't see him as a starter but he would fit well into our 2nd unit as an explosive all around shooting guard.

I completely agree with you. Which is why I am all in favor of trading our pick with top 3 protection, because outside the top 3 you listed I think this draft is weak, and we probably get more value in a trade for it than we will getting a player that does not really fit with our team.

I mean can you imagine trying to make Bol Bol work on the Suns? No way that works.

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
I think I'm in the minority here but I'd rather just play out the season and wait until we see what pick we got before trying to trade it, it would be so suns to gamble on trading it and then it ends up being the first pick and unprotected, if they can do a top 3 protected and get value back great otherwise I'd sign a free agent PG and draft someone like Morant if it's not #1 , just can't have this laughable of a PG rotation any more

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I think I'm in the minority here but I'd rather just play out the season and wait until we see what pick we got before trying to trade it, it would be so suns to gamble on trading it and then it ends up being the first pick and unprotected, if they can do a top 3 protected and get value back great otherwise I'd sign a free agent PG and draft someone like Morant if it's not #1 , just can't have this laughable of a PG rotation any more

agreed.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score

That's definitely a good approach as well.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bol has the same knock that Ayton had, not playing hard and likes to play away from the basket. Not nearly the body that Ayton has but a much better shot blocker at the same stage.

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The Sun's need to sell their soul for Zion. They should have soul for Doncic, to go with Ayton. They should sell it harder for Zion

OP
OP
GatorAZ

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Bol has the same knock that Ayton had, not playing hard and likes to play away from the basket. Not nearly the body that Ayton has but a much better shot blocker at the same stage.

He has look of a kid who will be often injured. Manute really only played 5-6 before he couldn’t move and he entered the league at 23. I have no clue how Bol Bol will turn out at the next level.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Mark my words. Morant has bust written all over him, especially if he is drafted top 3 or top 5. His ceiling is Monta Ellis.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
The Sun's need to sell their soul for Zion. They should have soul for Doncic, to go with Ayton. They should sell it harder for Zion
A talented NBA distributor (Point Guard) would improve the whole rest of the team (including Ayton as well as Booker) much more than a rookie Power Forward.

That's who they should "sell their soul" for. Then get, by whatever means, a role playing Power Forward to take pressure off Ayton.

A secret to success is recognizing and setting priorities:

(1) Trading for or signing a free agent Point Guard
(2) Drafting a decent (at the least) Power Forward

Then we would be truly ready to move out of last place.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
A talented NBA distributor (Point Guard) would improve the whole rest of the team (including Ayton as well as Booker) much more than a rookie Power Forward.

That's who they should "sell their soul" for. Then get, by whatever means, a role playing Power Forward to take pressure off Ayton.

Agreed, but I am afraid that is much easier said than done. Who would you target as a realistic option at Point Guard? I really, really don't want to see the Suns throw $20-25 million a year at the likes of Ricky Rubio, Terry Rozier or D'Angelo Russell.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He has look of a kid who will be often injured. Manute really only played 5-6 before he couldn’t move and he entered the league at 23. I have no clue how Bol Bol will turn out at the next level.

One thing on Manute, if you read about it Kevin Mackey his college coach(never actually played at Cleveland State for Mackey) has admitted that they effectively made up his birthday they had no idea how old he really was. Mackey said part of bringing him over from Sudan was telling people how old he was, since he didn't know, and Manute had no proof, they just picked a birthdate. Mackey said he thought it was entirely possible Manute was as old as 50 when he was playing in the NBA, but that it was generally assumed by everyone he was much older than his listed age. When he came over he didn't know and Mackey said he picked a birthday that would make Manute 19 because he wanted to make him young enough to have an NBA future, without being so young nobody would believe it.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Agreed, but I am afraid that is much easier said than done. Who would you target as a realistic option at Point Guard? I really, really don't want to see the Suns throw $20-25 million a year at the likes of Ricky Rubio, Terry Rozier or D'Angelo Russell.
Then we'll have to be patient. But, in my mind, it doesn't change the priority of how to spend the money.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Then we'll have to be patient. But, in my mind, it doesn't change the priority of how to spend the money.

Agreed. I am just more and more convinced that a trade for a veteran point guard is our only hope here. It is long overdue, in my opinion.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Agreed. I am just more and more convinced that a trade for a veteran point guard is our only hope here. It is long overdue, in my opinion.

I have come to the same conclusion.

It's not that I am a big Dennis Smith Jr. fan, it's just that he is the best available option I see.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

It's not that I am a big Dennis Smith Jr. fan, it's just that he is the best available option I see.

Well, he would be better than Morant, Melton or Okobo, but I don't think DSJ really moves the needle for us. I would rather see us target someone like Jrue Holiday or Mike Conley, Jr.

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Pg is the easiest position to land, Sund tanking avoiding one

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Great athlete, fun to watch, ballstopper though.

But I can see with Doncic why Dallas might try to move him.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Does this Suns team really need a ball hog at pg?

Man I'd love to see Jeremy Bridges handle the ball more with both him and Josh Jackson starting.

Bookers somewhat of a liability guarding 2's.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Man I'd love to see Jeremy Bridges handle the ball more with both him and Josh Jackson starting.

I remember Jeremy, and he was a guard IIRC, had a couple of stints with the Cards, but I don't think his ball handling skills would hold up today.:) But yeah, it would be great if Mikal improved his handle and added a little strength. And no, we don't need a ball dominant guard to play the point for us.

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Great athlete, fun to watch, ballstopper though.

But I can see with Doncic why Dallas might try to move him.

Big Smith fan have him in a dynasty league and have League pass, he is very underrated and could be one of the next big PGs.

I really wish the Suns pulled the trigger on Fox, but Fox wanted nothing to do with the Suns, he was trying to force his way to the Kings,

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Booker is a bigger liability guarding 1's and playing the 1 on offense. Once the Suns actually acquire a legitimate point guard, the only way the Suns should even consider playing someone other than Booker at the 2 is if Booker is being traded. And there is no way that the Suns should not be acquiring a legitimate point guard as their #1 personnel priority (as that is what got us into this mess to begin with).

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Big Smith fan have him in a dynasty league and have League pass, he is very underrated and could be one of the next big PGs.

I really wish the Suns pulled the trigger on Fox, but Fox wanted nothing to do with the Suns, he was trying to force his way to the Kings,

I was a huge fan of Fox but I do not recall him not wanting to have anything to do with the Suns.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I forgot about how Fox didn't want to work out for the Suns or something like that. I can't blame him for that though. I don't recall if he actually declined our invitation or if we actually extended one though. I remember he was only briefly discussed as an option for us though. We did have Bledsoe, Knight, and Ulis here already. Ulis had a good final stretch of that season and had also signed a contract with us after being drafted that was similar to that of a 1st round pick with the length and team options. At the least we had Bledsoe and a young backup in Ulis already and some could say we had Bledsoe, Knight, and Ulis but I think Knight was viewed as more of a tweener by then and didn't factor in much as a PG for us. I can totally understand why Fox wouldn't want to come here and be thrown into that though, especially since the 3 headed PG mess was much fresher then as well.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was a huge fan of Fox but I do not recall him not wanting to have anything to do with the Suns.

IIRC he declined to interview with us and I think Boston, at a minimum. The stuff I read suggested his agent was trying to land him someplace where he would be a first year starter and that didn't appear to be Phoenix.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IIRC he declined to interview with us and I think Boston, at a minimum. The stuff I read suggested his agent was trying to land him someplace where he would be a first year starter and that didn't appear to be Phoenix.

If so, the Suns should have cleared up that situation in private talks with his agent because Bledsoe wanted out.