2018: Arizona Cardinals - Season Prediction Thread

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Yeah, those 2 playoff starts and losses by Carson, before AZ, really sets him apart....hahahaha

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

You mean the 11- and 10-win seasons? What about the 3 seasons exceeding 4000 yards passing? Or the two pro bowls? Or the 4 seasons with 25+ passing TDs?

It's laughable that anyone could think that Sam Bradford is anywhere near as accomplished as Carson Palmer even when he came into AZ.

Reaction score
You mean the 11- and 10-win seasons? What about the 3 seasons exceeding 4000 yards passing? Or the two pro bowls? Or the 4 seasons with 25+ passing TDs?

It's laughable that anyone could think that Sam Bradford is anywhere near as accomplished as Carson Palmer even when he came into AZ.

Who were the surrounding players & coaches for each? You can't look at a QB without looking at who he's played with & the coaches they've had. You put Brady with Hue Jackson & some of the past Browns teams & you'll get different results than with Belichek & the Pats.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Who were the surrounding players & coaches for each? You can't look at a QB without looking at who he's played with & the coaches they've had. You put Brady with Hue Jackson & some of the past Browns teams & you'll get different results than with Belichek & the Pats.

This is all hypothetical. Even going with your assessment, what do Carson Palmer look like if his early coaches are the likes of Andy Reid and Bill Belichick?

OP
OP
RugbyMuffin

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Seriously?

How many times has Bradford even been to the playoffs? The year he set an NFL record for completion percentage he lead Minnesota to 7 wins.

The fact that we’d recognize starting 15 games as a major accomplishment for Bradford should tell you all you need to know about what Checkdown Sammy has achieved.

Agreed. Bradford is not as accomplished as Palmer.

Yet, if check down Sammy can be a 20 million dollar (it ain't my money) game manager that doesn't turn the ball over and gives the team a chance then I am good with him back there this year.

This is not going to be a "risk it, biscuit" offense. Run the ball, do not turn it over, play field position, and be great on defense.

That is the game plan. Whether the team can pull it off is why they play the games.

I'd take Warner over both of them, FYI. :D

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Agreed. Bradford is not as accomplished as Palmer.

Yet, if check down Sammy can be a 20 million dollar (it ain't my money) game manager that doesn't turn the ball over and gives the team a chance then I am good with him back there this year.

This is not going to be a "risk it, biscuit" offense. Run the ball, do not turn it over, play field position, and be great on defense.

That is the game plan. Whether the team can pull it off is why they play the games.

I'd take Warner over both of them, FYI. :D

I don't really know what this is. There are going to be games when the Cards go down 10 in the first quarter, and then you don't have a chance anymore.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I aint too worried right now. Bradford went dink and dunk in pre season but when Rosen was with the starters he went down field a few times....and they are running the same offense after all. My guess is Bradford will be more aggressive when the game counts..... Or it may cost him his job even before he gets hurt.

I mean hell...why bother keeping jj nelson on the roster if they dont plan to stretch it occasionally? Would have made more sense to keep Tolliver on the active roster.

Also...if i recall...the rams had a team once with an accurate quick release qb and a multi threat runningback...they used lots of slants and crossing patterns...hit the wr in stride and got huge RAC...they did throw deep...but not really a lot...and they did pretty well....
We could model ourselves after that squad..

I dunno...rambling.... Bong hits and red bull

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I aint too worried right now. Bradford went dink and dunk in pre season but when Rosen was with the starters he went down field a few times....and they are running the same offense after all. My guess is Bradford will be more aggressive when the game counts..... Or it may cost him his job even before he gets hurt.

I mean hell...why bother keeping jj nelson on the roster if they dont plan to stretch it occasionally? Would have made more sense to keep Tolliver on the active roster.

Also...if i recall...the rams had a team once with an accurate quick release qb and a multi threat runningback...they used lots of slants and crossing patterns...hit the wr in stride and got huge RAC...they did throw deep...but not really a lot...and they did pretty well....

Martz's offense really innovated the deep out and post that pressured the Tampa-2 defenses that were so popular at the time. The depth of those routes was usually 12-15 yards. That's not what Sam Bradford does.

Reaction score

I think it will be something similar to this. They are going to take shots downfield occasionally. Somewhere between BA's deep passing offense & a run heavy WCO Lol.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Martz's offense really innovated the deep out and post that pressured the Tampa-2 defenses that were so popular at the time. The depth of those routes was usually 12-15 yards. That's not what Sam Bradford does.
Thats pure truth.
But until two years ago it wasnt what Alex Smith did either. Bradford "can" do it...though his history says he wont.
But watching Rosen run with the starters showed that the offense is not specifically designed to be all dink and dunk.
You're probably right...but i only have a couple days left to swill kool aid

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
True but billacheats game plan in the Superbowl was to take faulk out if the game. And play man up coverage that seemed to disrupt the Rams entire offense.

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
One side tells me that it will be a 7-9 season, than my brain says never if they win 6 games they are lucky and than comes the coolaid drinker and tells them to shut up because we will win 10 and go to the playoffs.

This team is so ... unpredictable ... I hope they are for opponents as well...

Reaction score
I don't think that Bradford's career has been nearly as good as Palmer's... especially considering Palmer's best years. But strictly comparing to the last two seasons, for the purposes of comparing the team's expected QB play this year to its actual QB play the last two years, i absolutely think that Bradford (as long as he lasts) and Rosen (if necessary) can do as well as Palmer's 87 and 84 ratings the last two seasons, and WILL do better than the team's overall 76 passer rating last season.

So, it's a reasonable position to say that the QB room has been upgraded relative to last year.

...dbs

I thought this was an interesting stat on Bradford.

In practice, Bradford has been showing off the traits that made him one of the most efficient quarterbacks in the NFL when healthy. He has been second in pass efficiency since 2013 behind the Saints' Drew Brees, according to ESPN Stats and Information research.

pmacLean

Veteran
Reaction score
I realized there were typos in my last post, so I have corrected them here...

we will hit the bye week at 8-0 0-8 ... yes, that's right, 8-0 0-8

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I thought this was an interesting stat on Bradford.

In practice, Bradford has been showing off the traits that made him one of the most efficient quarterbacks in the NFL when healthy. He has been second in pass efficiency since 2013 behind the Saints' Drew Brees, according to ESPN Stats and Information research.
He tore it up today woow nelly :mrgreen:

Couldn’t resist

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

LOL. You’re so smart.

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If all things remain the same (staff, personnel, schemes) I put us at 3-13, maybe 4-12. If there are some shakeups, or Rosen comes in and can just ad-lib and scramble (our playbook is terrible so Rosen vs Bradford might not be a big difference alone) I think we can uptick that by a couple games.

I hate to say it, but Vegas has us pegged correctly. I was ready to drive to LV and bet on the over for this team because I thought 6 wins was a lock, but I'm glad I didn't.