2018 1st round pick is Josh Rosen

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
The main point about Rosen being 21 is that Mayfield is 23. It isn't unreal to believe that in two years under NFL coaching that Rosen will be a better QB than Mayfield is right now as a 23 year old entering the league.

Well yeah he plays for Cleveland. If Rosen isn’t better than Baker in two years something went terribly wrong here.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
The main point about Rosen being 21 is that Mayfield is 23. It isn't unreal to believe that in two years under NFL coaching that Rosen will be a better QB than Mayfield is right now as a 23 year old entering the league.

Look at how drafting Fitzgerald so young paid off for the Cardinals? Sure he was talented when he was drafted, but he still had more upside because of his youth. His contemporary, Andre Johnson hit the wall much sooner because he was older when he was drafted.

The same is looking to be true with Sherman vs. Peterson. When I would argue with Seahawks fans who said that Peterson was overrated, I always pointed to the fact that Peterson is like 2 years younger than Sherman. That means Sherman was more physically developed than Peterson coming out, and thus was able to be successful earlier, but Peterson has now arguably surpassed Sherman in ability and still had a few really good seasons left in him.

What's crazy is that Leveon Bell is either the same age or younger than David Johnson, but that figure doesn't matter as much for RBs since all those carries really take a toll physically.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Cardinals might have liked Allen More than Rosen. I don’t know. At one time they like Ameer Abdullah more than David Johnson.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cardinals might have liked Allen More than Rosen. I don’t know. At one time they like Ameer Abdullah more than David Johnson.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

And this.

“They tried to trade to Josh Allen" Simms said. "Everything I know is that the No. 5 pick with the Broncos, the trade was in place, and it was with Arizona.

"And then [Bradley] Chubb was on the board and [John] Elway wasn’t willing to do that. [Those] were the things I was told. The Arizona Cardinals were heartbroken they did not get Josh Allen.”

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...uarterback-josh-allen-josh-rosen-z/574999002/

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let people keep talking ish on this kid. I think it’ll only make him work harder to prove the doubters wrong.

Couldn’t be happier with this pick and the future of the team which is a MASSIVELY far cry from the morass of meh-ness I’ve been stuck in for the last couple years.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They would have given up a boatload of assets to move up to five to draft Josh Allen. Sometimes things work out better than your plan. Now they still have a first round pick next year.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

From a Prof at UCLA and RAMS fan:

I'm telling you those rumors about him not being nice aren't true.

It's something that has followed him his entire career, people assume he's an icehole but he's not.

Even people at UCLA figured him to be an icehole, and coaches, especially ones like ******* Jim Mora would fan those flames.

At UCLA I would teach a few classes, most of them dealing with advanced physics and astronomy, and one basic one, known as a "blue bag class" AKA a class that a bunch of student athletes would take because it wasn't super hard or demanding (we didn't get into any real physics in it, very basic astronomy).

I would teach football players, basketball, baseball, track and field, pretty much all of them. Josh Rosen was the only student athlete I've ever seen who wanted to know why things happened. The rest were only good at regurgitating the answer if they knew it. Most would use their "tutors" to cheat for them, they'd get test questions before hand from other TA's or just outright steal them from an office, it was a huge pain. Rosen was different, he didn't just want to know that the Sun would eventually die, he wanted to know the why and the how, he wanted to understand it, really understand it, from all angles.

He would sit with me after class and ask questions, explain it in his own words to see if he really understood things, was always incredibly friendly.

Some people bitched because they wanted to to home or do something else, but those aren't teachers or instructors in my eyes. Those are just dictators who want to make sure they stay the smartest guy in the room.

The NFL is filled with Jeff Fishers, and not a lot of Sean McVays. If Rosen was a coach, he'd be more like McVay in terms of his thought process.

He just doesn't have the good looks or charisma to make everyone love him immediately.

But if you actually sit and talk with him, you'll see he's one of the nicest guys you'll meet. The nicest student athlete I've ever taught.

Again, I don't have issues with hating on him for being a Cardinal now, but let's keep it at that.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
When watching him I can't help thinking that Rosen is like a man carrying around something that is weighing him down or eating at him. Whether it be something from his past or present, he just seems to me to be hiding something that is weighing heavy on him. I won't speculate on what it is, but do 'pray' that if I am right, one day he will open up and free himself of it. Hopefully, if and when he does, all Cardinal fans will show sympathy, and not judge him.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Even people at UCLA figured him to be an icehole, and coaches, especially ones like ******* Jim Mora would fan those flames.

What kind of astronomy professor self-censors "a$$hole" but not "*******"? I bet he's had to put up with one too many Uranus jokes.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
When watching him I can't help thinking that Rosen is like a man carrying around something that is weighing him down or eating at him. Whether it be something from his past or present, he just seems to me to be hiding something that is weighing heavy on him. I won't speculate on what it is, but do 'pray' that if I am right, one day he will open up and free himself of it. Hopefully, if and when he does, all Cardinal fans will show sympathy, and not judge him.
Wtf?!? This is one of the most examples of . . . I don’t even know what to call it. It’s beyond even conjecture. It’s like some kind of negative fantasy world weirdism

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Well, I have no problem judging your post as crass unsubstantiated speculation. So, why stop there, tell us what you think his deep seeded problem is so we can prepare ourselves to forgive him?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I get what people see when they say Josh Rosen looks like an A hole. He just does. I can't put my finger on it either, and I'm pleased as punch that he does because people tricked themselves into passing on him. Many star QBs have been A holes and it's a silly reason to pass on them.

And all that talk of him not wanting it? The guy was a tennis prodigy as a child and has been a competitor nearly his entire life. And his reaction to falling in the draft further proves that he wants to be great and wants the accolades because at the end of the day, alpha males want that attention and Rosen is clearly an alpha male type.

I think Darnold and Mayfield are going to be good players, but I think Rosen has the most upside because he is best at the most fundamental thing a QB does: throw the damn football. His passes are pure beauty. He also shows advanced understanding of the position for (as Chopper noted) a younger incoming prospect.

The guy I was scared of is Josh Allen. Call it shades of Skelton. I know when I saw clips from the Senior Bowl practices and Allen was missing receivers by over 10 yards, I realized that he's a guy I wouldn't touch. I think by the time a college QB is coming into the NFL, they have to be at the point that passes like that are an extreme rarity, but that isn't the case with Allen. When the pocket breaks down and he has linemen in his face, he likely will routinely throw ugly passes.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
https://www.footballoutsiders.com/futures/2018/futures-josh-rosen

Rosen is an uber-talented passer with an impressive football acumen and rock-solid foundation for top-notch quarterback play. The binds of Rosen's aggression and ability to remain level-headed will define his professional career. Rosen could take the path of Matt Ryan, who flipped a turnover-prone college career into an efficient and consistent NFL livelihood. Conversely, Rosen could stroll down the path of Winston: a path that hints at special quarterback play, but fails to unlock it to its fullest potential.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
https://www.footballoutsiders.com/futures/2018/futures-josh-rosen

Rosen is an uber-talented passer with an impressive football acumen and rock-solid foundation for top-notch quarterback play. The binds of Rosen's aggression and ability to remain level-headed will define his professional career. Rosen could take the path of Matt Ryan, who flipped a turnover-prone college career into an efficient and consistent NFL livelihood. Conversely, Rosen could stroll down the path of Winston: a path that hints at special quarterback play, but fails to unlock it to its fullest potential.

I see a bit of Matt Ryan in Rosen and I'm ok with that. He seems to have a bit more of a flair for the dramatic though, which hints at something greater.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose