2015 1st round pick is DJ Humphries OT

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What if Massie decisively outplays and wins the starting RT job this year? Do the cards just assume a year on the bench will allow Humphries to improve alot and take over for Massie at that point.
Likely but unlikely. Massie will back up

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
What if Massie decisively outplays and wins the starting RT job this year? Do the cards just assume a year on the bench will allow Humphries to improve alot and take over for Massie at that point.
He has got to earn it. And, who exactly are we putting in there if Veldheer or Massie go on IR in the preseason? Not saying that's the logic you use in round 1, but he could wind up being incredibly important for us next year even if he doesn't beat out Massie in camp.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
I don't get it. Carson has 2-3 years left. We've got a 2-3 year window to win the SB. 1st round is for impact players, not 2 years from now players.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score

I think even if Massie out plays DJ, DJ will still start over Massie as they don't want themselves to look bad on taking him in the first and then benching him.

Like Bucky said, I don't hate the player, I just hate the pick.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
I think even if Massie out plays DJ, DJ will still start over Massie as they don't want themselves to look bad on taking him in the first and then benching him.

Like Bucky said, I don't hate the player, I just hate the pick.
so that's why cooper got so much playing time last year? This team has shown that's not the way they operate.

TimTheToolmanTebow

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Well said. It's not a sexy pick, that's true. But it's what the Cards needed to do. Build that Oline into a power house! It's how you win in the NFL. Look what the Cowboys did. They built their Oline into one of the best and they turned their team around and made their mediocre QB and RB into pro bowlers.

call me when we get a qb and rb half as good romo and murray

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
I feel exactly like I did at this time last year...

Last year, I really wanted Shazier to fall to us, and when he didn't there wasn't anyone I was screaming at the TV for us to take, and while Bucannon wasn't the guy I would have taken if I had the pick, I didn't hate the pick and tried to see the upside in it.

This year just swap in Dupree/Ray for Shazier and Humphries for Bucannon - and that's exactly how I feel. I hope he makes BASK look really smart!!

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I wasn't enamored with anyone on the board.. I am sure I would feel different if we passed on dupree or ray for Humphries

+1, if DEN didn't leapfrog us and ARZ passed on Ray for Humphries then yeah I would be upset but all the 1st Round pass rushers and CB's were off the board (not a fan of Byron Jones) and a potential starting OT at #24 seems like a good move. I know Goldman & Brown were still on board but I think BASK feel they can land a NT in the later rounds.

CHAPTER 7

Registered
Reaction score
Great O line will make so so RB look great and maybe QB also. Isn't this how DAL did in the past drafts?

NeverSayDieFan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
"News" from the future...

Had my friend, Barry Allan, a.k.a THE FLASH time-travel to the future to check things out. All I can say is you'll all be pleasantly surprised! :D ...And the play-offs are really ...eh, I think I'll leave that part out of it for now.

MARK :)

TRUSTING IN THE BASK!
...Because they're a heckuv' a lot smarter than me.

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score
call me when we get a qb and rb half as good romo and murray

You do realize that the Cards are 13-3 in the last 16 games played with Palmer under center right?

We've also beaten the cowgirls at least the last 4 times we've played them.

Half as good as Romo.....please.

Jake6233

All Star
Reaction score
You do realize that the Cards are 13-3 in the last 16 games played with Palmer under center right?

We've also beaten the cowgirls at least the last 4 times we've played them.

Half as good as Romo.....please.

and last time I checked Murray is an Eagle

bg7brd

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'm going to take a wait and see on on Humphries. If our Oline improves because of it then I'm in. I wasn't crazy about the Bucannon pick last year but it's looking like a solid pick.

Jake6233

All Star
Reaction score
I'm going to take a wait and see on on Humphries. If our Oline improves because of it then I'm in. I wasn't crazy about the Bucannon pick last year but it's looking like a solid pick.

Buchannon pick was easier to take since it was kind of a need and they got the extra third rounder in the trade down.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
From WalterFootball:

24. Arizona Cardinals: D.J. Humphries, OT, Florida: B+ Grade

I slotted D.J. Humphries to the Browns' 19th-overall pick in my mock draft, so this is a slight bargain. I thought Arizona would take Eric Kendricks or a tall cornerback like Byron Jones, but Humphries makes sense as well. Right tackle Bobby Massie was the one responsible for Carson Palmer's injury against the Rams, so Humphries should provide an upgrade at right tackle. The Cardinals need to do everything in their power to make sure Palmer is protected. They can't have Bruce Arians debating between Ryan Lindley and Logan Thomas in a playoff matchup again.

Walt gave out no "Millen" ratings this year (those are always good for a laugh).. lowest was a C-.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Toolman: Carson is better than romo.

Ap will be here tomorrow.

Last edited:

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Mayock got 8 of his mock draft picks correct. Not bad, however the first 4 were pretty obvious.