2015 1st round pick is DJ Humphries OT

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
DVontel posted this in the draft thread;

“@PFF: New Cardinals OT D.J. Humphries had a Pass Blocking Efficiency Rating of 96.7%, 45th amongst OTs in this draft class.”

That doesn't sound like a smart pick to me

Dr. Jones found this snippet;

Mike Jurecki @mikejurecki
NFL Draft Advisory Board recommended to D.J. Humphries that he stay in school for another season. He didn't listen. @SInow
Are you trying to make me go ballistic!!?? :mulli::hulk:

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
More....
Darren Urban @Cardschatter
Keim said he had conversations about trading both up and down. Nothing made sense. #CardsDraft

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
man... I hope to God, I'm wrong on this pick, but it's beyond a head-scratcher to me.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
This pick is like the Niklas pick last year... My new public enemy#1 until proven wrong....

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
I think everyone was expecting a pick that could fill an immediate need or hole for a team with key veterans that is a contender.. and I think this pick has more of an eye toward the future than doing what we expected them to do. Could pay big dividends down the line even if he doesn't immediately beat out Massie or provide a big immediate upgrade

OP
OP
BullheadCardFan

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kent Somers @kentsomers
Keim said had opps to move down, didn't want to pass on Humphries.
Pass on him? Who else would be interested?

We should of traded down and then this pick would make more sense

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Darren Urban @Cardschatter
Keim said Humphries told him he wanted to come to Arizona the whole time. "So he passed the intelligence test." #CardsDraft

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think everyone was expecting a pick that could fill an immediate need or hole for a team with key veterans that is a contender.. and I think this pick has more of an eye toward the future than doing what we expected them to do. Could pay big dividends down the line even if he doesn't immediately beat out Massie or provide a big immediate upgrade

First round picks are supposed to make an immediate impact. ESPECIALLY on a team in the playoff hunt!!

Reaction score
Good pick. If you all are saying it's terrible it must be a great pick. It's the Cardinal way. Btw I think he will be an awesome RT.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Well of course he would tell the cardinals GENERAL MANAGER that he wanted to come here. wtf. I hope keim said that tongue in cheek

Vermont Maverick

Registered
Reaction score
Two positives for me:
1. We got the pick in fast, and we know how Kiem likes to trade down. That means we really liked him.
2. Second, we didn't pick for need, he obviously was the best available in the staffs opinion. Because Bobby Massie is Ok at RT.

Those two things tell me they really like Humphries. So, while not exciting, I will trust Kiem on this one.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Kent Somers @kentsomers
At the combine, Humphries said he weighed 245 as a freshman. Never weighed more than 290 in college. Now at 307
ok

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
First round picks are supposed to make an immediate impact. ESPECIALLY on a team in the playoff hunt!!
I don't disagree.. but if you have a guy graded to have the potential to be an elite tackle and can get him at 24, I don't see that as a bad move even if it is not one of your more pressing needs.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn