2012 Arizona Diamondbacks Season Thread - July edition

Marklar

Rookie
Reaction score
G'day guys, long time D'Backs fan from Australia. Glad I've found this site as I'm driving my Mrs mad talking about a sport she and very little of my mates understand!

My story, played softball as a kid, loved it. Sadly, there was no opportunity to go on past 15 on this little island, and no baseball comps at all! So I turned my attention to following MLB instead! My first year following was the D'Backs first year, hence the attachment!

Taken much more of an interest this year, due to a change of jobs and MLB At Bat radio. Now I drive all day listening to the games, it's awesome

Anyway, hope to jump in on your discussions!

Marklar

PS. Above .500 again!

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Welcome aboard, Marclar. Maybe you'll bring us the luck to not fall to .500 for the rest of the season and go past the Giants and Dodgers.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Scored tix to the July 31st game against the Dodgers at Chavez Ravine

Going with my **** talking Doyer fan buddy. Pitching match up is Miley v. Capuano.

This should be exciting.

:raccoon:

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Parra with a great night, Kennedy was solid, Dbacks take another from the Mets 6-3

az240zz

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
what did Drew doo. 0-4 leading off. Guy should be stuck at 7th until he's traded. And why is he leading off, he has sucked at that since he came back.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
what did Drew doo. 0-4 leading off. Guy should be stuck at 7th until he's traded. And why is he leading off, he has sucked at that since he came back.

My guess is to show him off in an attempt to raise his trade value but if that is the plan is definitely backfiring. Trade Drew for whatever you can get, he ain't re-signing even if ARZ was interested in keeping him.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I thought the same thing about Drew leading off. His .203 batting average is even lower than Young's .219.

Each went 0-for-4 in Sunday's loss and Young had three strikeouts and left a whopping 6 runners on base. Saunders the pitcher left 3 and the other seven positions totaled 4, for a team total of 13.

0-4 with 3 strikeouts and 6 runners left on base. Who can we pay to take him off our hands? :bang:

FArting

Lopes Up!
Reaction score
This series vs LA is huge

Both LA and SF are tied for first place. We need to win 2 out of 3.

Marklar

Rookie
Reaction score
This series vs LA is huge

Both LA and SF are tied for first place. We need to win 2 out of 3.

Massive series, the Dodgers did us a solid by sweeping the Giants, now we need to take advantage and make some serious inroads!

CardEd

Registered
Reaction score
Nice start to the roadtrip!

Who likes Parra in the leadoff spot. I do, can we keep him there when he is in the lineup

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Who likes Parra in the leadoff spot. I do, can we keep him there when he is in the lineup
Have you noticed that whenever Bloomquist (who has been our primary leadoff hitter) in not in the starting lineup, Parra replaces Young in CF so he can leadoff? I commend Gibson for choosing a pattern and sticking with it.

Both Bloomquist and Parra have done well in the leadoff spot. That's a tough decision. I wonder who has done better in the 8th spot, Parra or Bloomquist.

Black Jesus

No Talent Ass-Clown
Reaction score
haha we all posted at the same time to dig me...

Okay I was a little quick to judge, but he did suck the first 4 innings, but I guess you can't judge someone based off of 4 innings.

CardEd

Registered
Reaction score
haha we all posted at the same time to dig me...

Okay I was a little quick to judge, but he did suck the first 4 innings, but I guess you can't judge someone based off of 4 innings.

I was thinking the same thing as your first post on Johnson. Glad i bit my tounge for a few innings!:)

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Didja see the look on Gibby's face when Upton stood there taking strike three right down the middle of the plate?

I think he wants him gone as much as we do, despite the FO saying he'll be here for the rest of the season.

For the good of all, let him take his 8 HR's and 43 RBI's (in almost 400 official at-bats this season) UPTOwN -- far away uptown.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard