2012 Arizona Diamondbacks Season Thread - July edition

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Always a great day when you sweep LA on the road.

OP
OP
82CardsGrad

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Goldy and Miggy are on a massive tear!! Johnson with his second dinger as a Dback!! And another solid pitching performance from a starter - Corbin in this case!!

Most excellent sweep of the Dodgers - particularly since they had just come off a sweep of the Giants!!

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Always a great day when you sweep LA on the road.

:jumping_smilie:

Goldy and Miggy are on a massive tear!! Johnson with his second dinger as a Dback!! And another solid pitching performance from a starter - Corbin in this case!!

Most excellent sweep of the Dodgers - particularly since they had just come off a sweep of the Giants!!

Goldy, Miggy, Johnson, Hill, pitching...all great.

Love to see the Dodgers get spanked.
Love to see there new acquistions struggle.

OP
OP
82CardsGrad

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
:jumping_smilie:

Goldy, Miggy, Johnson, Hill, pitching...all great.

Love to see the Dodgers get spanked.
Love to see there new acquistions struggle.

Heard today an interview with Erik Karros who stated that the Dodgers were trying for 2 months to land Dempster!
I actually think Dempster became extremely overrated and would not have been the panacea the Dodgers thought he would be... BUT, it's soooooo COOL to see the Dodgers whiff after spending that much time and effort!!!

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chris Johnson changes the dynamics of the back of the order. I think Montero is the beneficiary. He saw some fastballs today.

OP
OP
82CardsGrad

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Chris Johnson changes the dynamics of the back of the order. I think Montero is the beneficiary. He saw some fastballs today.

Definitely... I really like Johnson's swing. Very effective. And he has great size as well. He's never really done anything to speak of in the majors.. but, this is only his 4th full season in the bigs... maybe he can figure things out and turn into a viable, every day 3rd baseman.... I can dream can't I?? :D

Black Jesus

No Talent Ass-Clown
Reaction score
If the D'backs can get 1 hot month out of Justin Upton, I think this team has a real shot at the post season.

Pence, Victorino and Johnson are washes in my mind.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I was at Tuesday night's game and I can tell you there are a ton of dejected Dodger fans right now lambasting the team for getting HanRam.

Today's shutout just put the icing on the cake.