2010-11 ASU Mens Hoops thread

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, its not. Though I had hoped King could play the point right away and be effective at it, so that least our troubles there would be lessened.

Did people really think King was going to play PG? I know Greg Hicks really liked him and said he could possibly play some PG down the road, but we're talking about a kid who played C in HS before he transferred to Mater Dei(that was one reason he transferred). At Mater Dei they had Franklin, Lamb and he so he wasn't playing PG there either. He does handle the ball well for his size and he does see the floor well, but I think asking him to come in and play PG this early was probably not going to happen.

I like his potential but he really does look like a guy transitioning to playing guard in college. Lamb is going through the same thing at UCLA they're not great shooters but in HS it didn't matter they just went to the rim, now they're having to work on other parts of their game.

I think the big disappointment so far at ASU is Dunson, there were some people who were REALLY high on him, and he's played 9 minutes all season.

Lockett has been a revelation this year, I think Honeycutt has a higher ceiling but Lockett is a better player right now IMHO, Tyler is still too up and down right now. Lockett is more consistent.