2008 San Francisco 49ers Season thread!!

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Why spend the money on Cassel? You have as good if not better QB in Shaun Hill. You need a 3rd QB, but it's not a big issue if Alex Smith is ready to go next season. If not, then obviously you need 2 QBs, but I'm certain Hill can do the job.
The coach hasn't gone out of his way to endorse Hill as next years starting quarterback. IMHO I think he is looking to upgrade the QB position for next season.

If the 49ers are going to bring another quarterback, then I would rather have Stafford than Cassel.

IAWarnerFan

Warnerphile, but a Cards fan!
Reaction score
Hill's numbers weren't spectacular, but stats don't really show how clutch the QB is. Hill proved this season that he can get it done in the clutch. Maybe Singletary sees another QB or two out there that isn't signed up yet and wants to see how those situations plays out. :shrug:

young tone

5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!!!!!
Reaction score
Yes, good hire...I wonder if Rathman help Gore with his fumble problems...:)

Did you see the 1989 49ers America's Game? On the DVD, go to special features and Rathman talks about Bill Walsh getting on his *** about fumbling in training camp and Rathman describes how to hold the football. Hopefully Gore will pay attention to that

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Did you see the 1989 49ers America's Game? On the DVD, go to special features and Rathman talks about Bill Walsh getting on his *** about fumbling in training camp and Rathman describes how to hold the football. Hopefully Gore will pay attention to that
Having seen the DVD, but under Rathman's coaching Garrison Hearst and Charlie Garner did a good job holding on the ball.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Why do you want to go that way again? You just got rid of Mike Martz.:rolleyes:
I'm looking for OC that may last for more than a year.....with the year that had in St.Louis, I doubt any team is going to want to interview him for a headcoaching job for the next two-three years.

IAWarnerFan

Reaction score
FWIW I do! I'm more interested in the Eagles tomorrow tho.

IAWarnerFan

Reaction score
Damn Linehan denied the 49ers as OC :mulli:
Why did we really want him anyways? It seems like that would be like going back on the same street that they just got off of. I hope the 49ers do find a solid OC tho!

IAWarnerFan

Reaction score
If you can't find anyone else. I'll volunteer! I've been a volunteer coach (for the Y) the last few years!:devil:

Just give me a BUZZ! ;)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard