2008 San Francisco 49ers Season thread!!

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm bumping this thread just to say:
The Yorks just basically took a dump on Ray Ratto and Tim Kawakami.....even if they don't end up signing Kurt Warner....but the York's should much class to players/potential incoming players....so much for the Yorks being labeled cheap! Good Job Yorks!:thewave:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
O-M-G

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2009/04/26/hello-49ers-take-qb-nate-davis-at-no-171/
Tim Kawakami actually liked something that the 49ers did.......I'm scared.:hairraise

Eh, The chances of Crabtree being a top receiver aren't that good. Coffee is a poor pick imo, Andre Brown is a superior player.

Overall, the 9ers failed to address any of their needs really other than receiver. A good draft, but not great. Our draft was much better imo, we added 3 guys that could be studs (Wells, Brown, and Rashad Johnson).

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Eh, The chances of Crabtree being a top receiver aren't that good. Coffee is a poor pick imo, Andre Brown is a superior player.

Overall, the 9ers failed to address any of their needs really other than receiver. A good draft, but not great. Our draft was much better imo, we added 3 guys that could be studs (Wells, Brown, and Rashad Johnson).
Oh I disagree,,,,,He's going to have the luxury of working with one of the best receivers to play the game(Issac Bruce). Plus the greatest receiver of all time, Jerry Rice has already said that he would work with Crabtree on sharpening his route running.
49ers also got a Carolina's first round pick next year, which if you look at the Carolina Panthers schedule, it's pretty brutual. IMO that pick will be in the teens. Dont be surpriesed if you see Slieve in a 49ers uniform next year.:D
Coffe is basically runs like he frank gore, except coffe doesn't fumble the ball.
Mckillhop....tackling machine, Takeo Spikes can't play forever.
Nate Davis...I don't like the pick, but the guy has a lot of potential.

Wells a stud? really:??

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Oh I disagree,,,,,He's going to have the luxury of working with one of the best receivers to play the game(Issac Bruce).

That means next to nothing for the most part. Many receivers have played with "one of the best receivers to play the game" and nothing came from it. Also who will be throwing him the ball? Shaun Hill? Sounds more like a punch line than a depth chart :p

Plus the greatest receiver of all time, Jerry Rice has already said that he would work with Crabtree on sharpening his route running.

Great players always make great coaches :D

49ers also got a Carolina's first round pick next year, which if you look at the Carolina Panthers schedule, it's pretty brutual. IMO that pick will be in the teens. Dont be surpriesed if you see Slieve in a 49ers uniform next year.:D

Hmmm....I disagree. Carolina is a VERY good team. I'd expect that pick to be a pick in the high 20s.

Coffe is basically runs like he frank gore, except coffe doesn't fumble the ball.
Mckillhop....tackling machine, Takeo Spikes can't play forever.
Nate Davis...I don't like the pick, but the guy has a lot of potential.

Coffee looks like any day 2 back really, nothing to get excited about. And there were 2-3 better backs available imo, which made me happy to see the 9ers get him. McKillop is decent, doubt he'll be a playmaker though, mainly a lunchpail type. Nate Davis....Sounds like a career backup.

Wells a stud? really:??

LOL are you serious? You must only read about college football, Wells played great against great competition. 6'1, 235 with 4.4 speed and a wicked stiff arm. Can break long runs AND run over people. Injury questions are his only drawback (and none even close to Frank Gore's level of injuries).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lylP9aeFc7E

The Niners are getting better, but I question whether any of the moves amount to anything more than keeping up with the Joneses. You guys still aren't better than us and I doubt whether you're better than the Seahawks either. Dominant NFL teams have difference makers on both sides of the ball, and I fail to see many on the Niners and other than Crabtree, the Niners haven't added anything else this offseason.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
No I saw plenty of Beanie wells....I wasn't impressed. I was more impressed with WR Brian Robeski, and that ain't saying much.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some people on the Niners board were actually posting, "Coffee > Wells".

:biglaugh:
Well he does run like Frank Gore, without the fumbles? Maybe Singletary will decide Gore has been the problem. "Can't win with him, can't do it."

Or, maybe they are thinking of Reggie Wells.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
No I saw plenty of Beanie wells....I wasn't impressed. I was more impressed with WR Brian Robeski, and that ain't saying much.

LOL! OK dude, you're just showing you can't be objective.

The Niners add 1 impact player (Crabtree), the Cards add three (Wells, Cody Brown, and Rashad Johnson) :p Story of the past 4 years or so.

young tone

5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!!!!!
Reaction score
Well everyone has there opinions, but we'll all find out soon enough. Personally I was really really happy with our draft but hey we'll all see soon enough ...

We should make a 2009 thread though :D

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard