2008 San Francisco 49ers Season thread!!

IAWarnerFan

Warnerphile, but a Cards fan!
Reaction score
Congrats to Isaac Bruce on his 1000th reception. Great way to get it done as well! :raccoon:

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes, Congrats to Bruce. What a good signing he was for the 49ers,and I hope he comes back next year

IAWarnerFan

Reaction score
No brainer there. ;)
It's been a long time since I was so excited to watch the 49ers play.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
49ers players will be wearing throwback uniforms for their final home game this Sunday against the Redskins, and some of the guys have opted to truly turn back the hands of time.

The players labeled this past Monday as Mustache Monday, the day in which they would unveil their mustaches, in tribute to some of the mustaches sported by former 49ers players.

“Every day we go to meetings and we go by these beautiful pictures and we admire these guys’ mustaches on the wall. So, as part of our throwback game a lot of us have been working on our mustaches,” said quarterback Shaun Hill.
http://www.49ers.com/pressbox/news_detail.php?PRKey=5039&section=PR News
:thumbup:

IAWarnerFan

Reaction score
If they're the jerseys I'm thinking of, I preferred them. Pretty much the same thing w/o the black. I can't wait to see the staches. ;)

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

IAWarnerFan

Reaction score
Letterman just had the fake Singletary on again. This time it was done a bit better tho. :p

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm very glad the niners have been winning some games late in the season.

hurts their draft status. YES! I don't want them to improve more than they already are going to!

IAWarnerFan

Reaction score
Don't worry Donald. No doubt they'll be more competitive next year and may surprise some people.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I hope the 49ers end up with the 11th pick in the draft. The last time they picked 11th, the 49ers ended picking.........Patrick Willis!
You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Jay Glazer just reported that Singletary will probably get a 5 year extension as soon as tonight. Glazer also reported that Singletary wants to keep Martz, its the front office that doesn't want him.:mad::bang:

IAWarnerFan

Reaction score
I have no problem with Martz as OC, but I'd never want to see him as HC again.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Although the team was already boisterous following the last second victory, the locker room absolutely erupted when the news about Singletary was announced.

“I think all of the guys who were happy today are going to regret very soon,” said Singletary. “I love those guys, I really do. I know that they know that, and it’s just a matter of us coming together and working. They know what the prerequisites are and it’s just work. We’ve got a lot of work to do.”

The contract negotations are for a four-year deal.
http://49ers.com/blog49/?p=372

GM Scot McCloughan was asked about bringing in Mike Holmgren as a consultant. Holmgren coached his last game today with the Seahawks, and has insisted he plans to take a year off.

McCloughan’s response, “if he’s not employed by a team, I’d like to talk to him.”

IAWarnerFan

Reaction score
Don't be sad Ronin, 2009 is just around the corner.

I heard that the 49ers are going to only use 4 as their only quarter # next year and brainwash Shaun Hill into thinking it's always the 4th quarter. :p

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Don't be sad Ronin, 2009 is just around the corner.

I heard that the 49ers are going to only use 4 as their only quarter # next year and brainwash Shaun Hill into thinking it's always the 4th quarter. :p
Whatever gets the 49ers W's.:thumbup:

young tone

5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!!!!!
Reaction score
One last note before this thread dies...:sad:...Shaun Hill is now 5-0 @ Candlestick Park.

It just means to make a 2009 one bro! Here's to the 49ers in 09 (gotta alot of holes to fill but we have a shot!)

Glad to have Singletary as our HC. I really hope this works out. Wonder what OC we are going to bring in

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It just means to make a 2009 one bro! Here's to the 49ers in 09 (gotta alot of holes to fill but we have a shot!)

Glad to have Singletary as our HC. I really hope this works out. Wonder what OC we are going to bring in
IDK, but I have a feeling that the 49ers are going to go hard after Matt Cassel.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Good News Takeo Spikes wants to come back!

49ers notes: LB Spikes eager to return to S.F.

By Matthew Barrows
[email protected]
Published: Tuesday, Dec. 30, 2008 | Page 6C
SANTA CLARA – Before he left the 49ers' facility Monday, linebacker Takeo Spikes delivered a message to general manager Scot McCloughan.
"Bring me back," the 11-year veteran told a group of reporters.
McCloughan is likely to oblige.
Spikes has been a pleasant surprise for the 49ers, not only because of his play – Spikes' 96 tackles tied for second on the team with safety Michael Lewis – but because, at age 31 (he turned 32 on Dec. 17), he was able to last a season at one of the most physically demanding positions on the field.
The plan this season was to insert Spikes at "Ted" linebacker and develop a younger player at the position.
The 49ers tried out several players at "Ted," including free-agent pickup Dontarrious Thomas and seventh-round draft pick Larry Grant, but none seized the job. Spikes appears to be the one free agent the 49ers must have back in 2009.
Spikes, meanwhile, said he felt there was unfinished business in San Francisco. Spikes has played for three other teams over his career, but he said he never regretted leaving Cincinnati, Buffalo and Philadelphia.
"I would have regrets about leaving this team," he said.
http://www.sacbee.com/sf49ers/story/1505325.html

IAWarnerFan

Reaction score
IDK, but I have a feeling that the 49ers are going to go hard after Matt Cassel.
Might not need him if Alex Smith comes back next year. Hasn't he stated he'd be ok with a pay cut? Maybe draft one and get rid of JTO tho. :shrug:

young tone

5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!!!!!
Reaction score
Might not need him if Alex Smith comes back next year. Hasn't he stated he'd be ok with a pay cut? Maybe draft one and get rid of JTO tho. :shrug:

Well JTO is gone for sure, same with Jamie Martin. Smith did say he would take a paycut to stay here so I think he will be back next season. Now him winning the starting job will remain to be seen. But for right now, only two QB's I see coming back here for 09 is Hill and Smith.

I dont think we are interested in Cassel and honestly Im personally not interested either. We'll see what OC we'll get and see what QB fits that system

IAWarnerFan

Reaction score
Why spend the money on Cassel? You have as good if not better QB in Shaun Hill. You need a 3rd QB, but it's not a big issue if Alex Smith is ready to go next season. If not, then obviously you need 2 QBs, but I'm certain Hill can do the job.