2009/2010 Champions League

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
What a load of ********. Intentionally stomped his leg. You obviously have no clue about soccer. It was an unintentional hard foul that most experts are saying is a dark yellow card, hardly a red even. Even the fouled player (Lopez) said it was not that bad.
The reason for the 3 game ban is that the UEFA claims it was an assault which it wasn't. Bayern rightfully are already appealing the ban.

Even the Italian ref didn't put the foul down as an assault in the game report. He put it down as a hard foul. Yet the UEFA took it and made judgement based on the false assumption that it was an assault on the player.

It's already questionable that an Italian ref sends off Ribery before a final against an Italian team.

In the World Cup or European Cup referees aren't used in the semi-finals if their country isn't eliminated.

Yeah, you're the impartial voice of reason. LMAO! He got a straight red because it was INTENTIONAL. I saw it live and in slo-mo and the decision was correct. Ribery didn't even argue. You're the one who needs to read a rule book.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Yeah, you're the impartial voice of reason. LMAO! He got a straight red because it was INTENTIONAL. I saw it live and in slo-mo and the decision was correct. Ribery didn't even argue. You're the one who needs to read a rule book.

Dude even the ref who gave him straight red noted it as not intentional.

Get your facts right before you even want to argue.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Dude even the ref who gave him straight red noted it as not intentional.

Get your facts right before you even want to argue.

Then why did he throw him out of the game? How many "hard fouls" get straight reds in the Champions League?

If it wasn't then prove me wrong and provide a link, or did UEFA release you a copy of the ref's report?

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Agreed, if that wasn't intentional, it was without a doubt carless, and ban-deserving.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
What a load of ********. Intentionally stomped his leg. You obviously have no clue about soccer. It was an unintentional hard foul that most experts are saying is a dark yellow card, hardly a red even. Even the fouled player (Lopez) said it was not that bad.
The reason for the 3 game ban is that the UEFA claims it was an assault which it wasn't. Bayern rightfully are already appealing the ban.

Even the Italian ref didn't put the foul down as an assault in the game report. He put it down as a hard foul. Yet the UEFA took it and made judgement based on the false assumption that it was an assault on the player.

It's already questionable that an Italian ref sends off Ribery before a final against an Italian team.

In the World Cup or European Cup referees aren't used in the semi-finals if their country isn't eliminated.

That's it. You need to STOP. We put up with your "Germany is the best" rants in every post, but to come here and start insulting people's knowledge of the game is insulting and uncalled for. You disagree, fine. But don't question other people's knowledge when you have no clue whatsoever who you are attacking.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
That's it. You need to STOP. We put up with your "Germany is the best" rants in every post, but to come here and start insulting people's knowledge of the game is insulting and uncalled for. You disagree, fine. But don't question other people's knowledge when you have no clue whatsoever who you are attacking.

If you disagree with slinslin then you are either a moron or you're a Bayern Munich hater. Or both.

The 'Italian' ref, Platini, UEFA they are all against poor little Bayern. It's a conspiracy!!!

Slinslin is already warming up the Excuse-O-Matic for when Bayern lose the final.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
If you disagree with slinslin then you are either a moron or you're a Bayern Munich hater. Or both.

The 'Italian' ref, Platini, UEFA they are all against poor little Bayern. It's a conspiracy!!!

Slinslin is already warming up the Excuse-O-Matic for when Bayern lose the final.

I know you're being sarcastic, but in this final, I will root for Bayern. I'm just tired of slinslin attacking people here as not having the same knowledge as him when it comes to football. I know he feels superior, but I'm just tired of reading it in every post he writes.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
http://www.spiegel.de/sport/fussball/0,1518,692109,00.html

"Lisandro Lopez says the tackle was not malicious at all, he just happened to get to the ball a second earlier"

Netzer(Real Madrid, Gladbach legend) says the ban is way too hard and the same says Seeler(Hamburg legend) bet they are Bayern homers too.

The UEFA made an outrageous decision classifying that foul as assault. That however is only the case for brutal fouls away from the ball which clearly isn't the case.

Well what am I arguing with you, you obviously have no idea what you are talking about. Maybe try visiting some neutral quality soccer boards.

Last edited:

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Ribery's final appeal rejected by CAS

Bayern Munich winger Franck Ribery will miss the Champions League final after sport's highest court dismissed his appeal against a suspension.

The Court of Arbitration for Sport ruled Monday that UEFA was right to impose a three-match ban on Ribery after he was sent off in the first leg of the semifinal match against Lyon.

"Accordingly, the player will not be eligible to play in the final of the 2010 Champions League," the court said in a statement.

Bayern plays Inter Milan in the final staged in Madrid on Saturday.

A CAS panel of three Swiss lawyers heard Ribery's appeal earlier Monday and issued a verdict within hours.

The full reasons for the ruling will be published later, the court said.

http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccer/championsleague/story/Ribery-starts-last-hearing-on-final-ban

You must be registered for see images attach

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn