2007 Cardinals: My Letter to the Bidwills and the Cardinal Players

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
Dear Bidwills, Rod Graves and the Cardinals Players:

I want to thank you for your sagacity and diligence for hiring an excellent new head coach in Ken Whisenhunt. While I was non-plussed (to put it euphemistically) about the initial search process...I was delighted to learn how well you were doing your homework and how impressively you were in welcoming the Cardinal players' involvement and input in the process. Then, to learn that you are willing to provide Ken Whisenhunt with the autonomy and the proper budget to build the best coaching staff possible, I was delirious. These surely are new and exciting times in Arizona...and I cannot thank you enough for getting "with the situation." As the enlightened Ebenezer Scrooge said to Bob Cratchet, "I haven't lost my senses, Bob, I've come to them!" And I think this is an appropriate allusion because it now seems all of you "know how to keep Christmas well...if any man alive possessed the knowledge." So, I say to you Mr. Bidwill, Michael and Rod Graves...and all the staff and players (and the fans on ASFN...led by Skkorp) associated with the Cardinals: "God bless us, everyone!"

And I wish to say how proud I am of the Cardinal players...who showed me and all the fans that despite a lame duck coach and zero prospects of making the playoffs that you could play your butts off for yourselves down the stretch...I wish to offer my most sincere gratitiude and appreciation. You have showed such character throughout these awkward and difficult times...so much so that I honestly now BELIEVE you want to win...and you want to do what it takes to win...and to think of how you impacted the coaching search, by making yourselves available, and for offering your input, makes a statement to all of us that you have clearly taken the direction of this organization into your own hands. I fervently hope that you work as hard as you ever had to get in the best playing shape possible so that you will be the Saints of 2007-2008...after all, you have a unique incentive...the Super Bowl is in YOUR HOUSE!

Thus, I commend and applaud all of you and wish you the diligence and foresight to know and embrace the challenge ahead of you. I've been your fan for half a century and now, fifty years into my devotion to this franchise, I am the most ecstatic I have ever been. I will be with you every step through the vicissitudes of the season ahead...and I will be the proudest fan in the NFL for the efforts you make to raise Arizona from the ashes. Get'r done, boys! Get'r done!

Sincerely yours,

Walter Mitchell
Foxboro, MA

P.S. I would like to give a special shout out to you, Adrian Wilson and Anquan Boldin, my men. For both of you brought it every game this year...and you decided, unlike many of your overpaid, underachieving predecessors, to be part of the solution, and not the problem. You are awesome, AW-awesome and Q-some! Go and represent us well in Honolulu. You deserve it! Sincerely yours...Mitch.

Last edited:

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
One note, dont you mean "half a century" not "half a decade"?

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
to build the best coaching staff possible, I was delirious. These surely are new and exciting times in Arizona...and I cannot thank you enough for getting "with the situation." As the enlightened Ebenezer Scrooge said to Bob Cratchet, "I haven't lost my senses, Bob, I've come to them!" And I think this is an appropriate allusion because it now seems all of you "know how to keep Christmas well...if any man alive possessed the knowledge." So, I say to you Mr. Bidwill, Michael and Rod Graves...and all the staff and players (and the fans on ASFN...led by Skkorp) associated with the Cardinals: "God bless us, everyone!"

BRAVO WALTER. AND THANK YOU TOO FOR KEEPING THE FANS SPIRIT ALIVE!

Faithful

Registered
Reaction score
Walter thanks for sharing that awesome letter! I think you put into words what alot of us true Cards' fans are feeling!

God bless!

Bobcat

Reaction score
Walter thank you for what I have been feeling all along during this process of finding a new Head Coach. I was a bite afraid to voice my opinion due to all the bashing one does get on this forum. You showed me your guts and where with all, Thank you again.

BOBCAT

PrescottLooie

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Walter, my thoughts as well. I cannot wait (1) for the Draft, (2) to see what we do about Big, (3) Free Agency, and (4) the start of camp. Maybe, just maybe, this IS the year !

OP
OP
Mitch

Mitch

Reaction score
Thanks to all of you: DDog, abomb, az1965, WildBB, PAQ77, Garthshort, Faithful, BigRedArk, Bobcat, Gambit, Red Desert, Prescott Louie, and ViSSiv...it's so great to see how united we are...we've been through alot together...and this is now so exciting to see the Cardinals headed in such a positive direction.

I love that Whis will be calling the plays...it is his strength, and he can put his stamp on this team right away...I think this is the first time since Don Coryell that the Cardinal head coach can and will call the offensive plays.

As for the defense, if Whis keeps Pendy as DC, I think Whis will hire a defensive advisor/mentor for Pendy who will help Pendy galvanize the talent and the schemes.

Whis said that elements of the 3-4 will be put in place this year, while the 4-3 will remain the base defense. The fact is, Pendy has already applied 3-4 formations and schemes the past few years (which have looked like 5 man lines with 2 inside LBs)...and I think Whis is smart to integrate aspects of the 3-4 gradually, so that the defense can learn the aspects in due time...and if need be, the team can use more and more of the 3-4 down the road if the personnel suits it, and the schemes are more helpful in creating the physical aggressive brand of play that Whis is stressing.

Whis will do a very good job addressing the special teams...especially as he adds to the depth of the roster...it will be interesting who he will appoint as special teams coordinator...Whis has already asked to speak with Kevin Spencer the Steeler's sccordinator of special teams.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
and this is now so exciting to see the Cardinals headed in such a positive direction.

I hope you're right, but if I had a dollar for every time I've heard that over the last 30 years I could buy the Cardinals.

OP
OP
Mitch

Mitch

Reaction score
I hope you're right, but if I had a dollar for every time I've heard that over the last 30 years I could buy the Cardinals.

Yeah, I know, Duckjake...but, don't you get the sense that this time everything is different? Whis is one of the best playcallers in the league...and he will be so personally invested in the outcome of the games that he will be super motivated to succeed. What a sharp contrast this year's sidelines will be to last year's...kind of like contrasting a bee hive to a tree stump.

BigRedArk

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

I feel ya dog. Right now all I can do is hope for the best. I do waver from being excited to cautiously optimistic i must admit. Hope is all I got and I cling to it.

BigRedArk

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yeah, I know, Duckjake...but, don't you get the sense that this time everything is different? Whis is one of the best playcallers in the league...and he will be so personally invested in the outcome of the games that he will be super motivated to succeed. What a sharp contrast this year's sidelines will be to last year's...kind of like contrasting a bee hive to a tree stump.

Call me naive but I posted on the thread about Harry's latest article that if he truly wants the Georgia Tech HC job that he will need to put up a fair amount of W's to impress them especially since this is his first HC job.

OP
OP
Mitch

Mitch

Reaction score
I feel ya dog. Right now all I can do is hope for the best. I do waver from being excited to cautiously optimistic i must admit. Hope is all I got and I cling to it.

BigRedArk...the thing is...we still need to be patient...it may take some time for Whis to get everything in place...but...this hiring looks very good for the Cardinals for years to come. The QBOP&F is in place in Matt Leinart, and he is in excellent hands...as long as Whis gets the defense and special teams squared away with thr right coaches, tweaks and personnel decisions...then we will likely see unprecedented and unchartered success from the Cardinals in the years ahead. Wow!

BigRedArk

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
BigRedArk...the thing is...we still need to be patient...it may take some time for Whis to get everything in place...but...this hiring looks very good for the Cardinals for years to come. The QBOP&F is in place in Matt Leinart, and he is in excellent hands...as long as Whis gets the defense and special teams squared away with thr right coaches, tweaks and personnel decisions...then we will likely see unprecedented and unchartered success from the Cardinals in the years ahead. Wow!

Patience. Thanks for reminding me of that Walter. Patience is imperative if you are gonna be a Football Cards fan!!!!! In the spirit of the late great Johnny Cash.... "I can feel the wins a comin'...there comin' round the bend"....

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Patience. Thanks for reminding me of that Walter. Patience is imperative if you are gonna be a Football Cards fan!!!!! In the spirit of the late great Johnny Cash.... "I can feel the wins a comin'...there comin' round the bend"....

Ok, here we go:

I feel the wins a comin'
They're rollin' 'round the bend,
And I ain't seen the playoffs,
Since, I don't know when,
I'm stuck in Arizona,
And 5-10 keeps draggin' on,
But those wins are gonna come a-rollin',
On down to a Super Bowl.

When we were just babies,
My Mama told us "Turds,
Always be good fans,