Ossenfort is Kicking the Hornets’ Nest in this Draft.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If Ossenfort truly believe as many of you on here that he would be dumb not to take MHJ because he is superhuman, why would he say he is open for business - numerous times. How would that benefit him?

When asked about how fans want one particular player, his answer was we will do what is best for the team - TRANSLATION I want extra picks because I don't see that player as significantly better than other options.

Geez! It's not that complicated. Monti wants to see if another team will make an offer on the clock that blows him away.

Further, he probably has been testing to determine the cost of getting back up, if necessary.

If these two don't jibe, he'll stick and pick.

I guess Monti wants to find a way to have his cake and eat it, too.

A trade-down and a trade-up for MHJ still leaves the CARDS with a few extra assets in 2024 and/or 2025.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
No future draft pick is guaranteed. If you were counting on a top pick for the Texans draft pick, that's on you. We never had a top pick, so we did not in fact get screwed in any way shape or form. We got exactly what we got. Pretty simple.
Yep. We didn't get screwed. We screwed ourselves searching for magic beans. Pretty simple.

Stout

Reaction score
Will Anderson is a nice player, but 7 sacks didnt even lead rookies (he was 4th) and was one more than Dennis Gardeck

maybe he turns into a difference maker, but his year was pretty mid
Embarrassing. Yeah, the defensive rookie of the year was "mid."

Stout

Reaction score
If Ossenfort truly believe as many of you on here that he would be dumb not to take MHJ because he is superhuman, why would he say he is open for business - numerous times. How would that benefit him?

When asked about how fans want one particular player, his answer was we will do what is best for the team - TRANSLATION I want extra picks because I don't see that player as significantly better than other options.
Or--and this idea comes out of left field, I know--he could be posturing. What what what, an NFL GM trying to misdirect other GMs in the lead-up to the draft? Madness!

Tacticool Nerd

Veteran
Reaction score
In all honesty I feel that the Cardinals will trade town and hopefully get a nice haul of picks.

But in reality I hope the Cardinals stand pat and draft MHJ.

Now if the Cards trade down one or two spots and still get MHJ I will be a happy camper.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
You'd say he's mid if he added 500 receiving yards and 5 TDs because they weren't your cherry picked stat.
good grief -- yards and TDs are such a cherry picked stat to measure WRs by.

rookie of the year is nice, but its a relative measure

pass rushers are drafted to sack the QB. yes there are other things, but its the thing you want. Anderson had 7, which doesnt even really register in the rookie sack leaders over time, wasnt even the most among last year's rookies and is pedestrian overall in the NFL last year.

Hes a nice player, but to suit a narrative people are acting like DROY means hes the next Lawrence Taylor.

if MHJ averages 41 yards per game and a TD every third game or so -- i doubt that will meet our expectations here

Stout

Reaction score
good grief -- yards and TDs are such a cherry picked stat to measure WRs by.

rookie of the year is nice, but its a relative measure

pass rushers are drafted to sack the QB. yes there are other things, but its the thing you want. Anderson had 7, which doesnt even really register in the rookie sack leaders over time, wasnt even the most among last year's rookies and is pedestrian overall in the NFL last year.

Hes a nice player, but to suit a narrative people are acting like DROY means hes the next Lawrence Taylor.

if MHJ averages 41 yards per game and a TD every third game or so -- i doubt that will meet our expectations here
Funny how Cheese has multiple times showed you the other stats he had--leading in pressures and with 10 TFLs--and you're still conveniently ignoring those stats. So, thanks for proving me correct.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can you guys at least not judge on whether we won or loss the PJ/Will trade after one season
I was a big fan of the trade last year, and I'm still a fan.

Even then, I could admit that because the pick fell so far, it didn't work out for us as we hoped.

For example, we take that 27 pick and trade it in a package for Turner, Latu etc.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
if he wins it by posting 720 yards and 5 TDs -- yeah, it will be mid
Zay Flowers had 850 yards and 5 TDs -- dunno if that's mid, but pretty good for a rookie? He had the MVP throwing to him -- should we discount the results because Kyler is throwing to him?

Jordan Addison had 911 yards an 10 TDs -- should that be the benchmark for success?

Expecting Puca Nacua-type production is a goal but maybe shouldn't be the benchmark.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We traded for what we thought was going to be a very high pick. It's become a very low pick (for the first round). We did that to ourselves. Simple truth.
Yes and no. It isn't 'simple truth.' There were other picks involved, as well as other factors outside of our control.

Stout

Reaction score
Yes and no. It isn't 'simple truth.' There were other picks involved, as well as other factors outside of our control.
Sure, there were other picks involved. I don't feel the trade was worth it after one season. Maybe (I hope) that will change over the years. What was 100 percent under our control was sticking and picking. We put things out of our control by trading back.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Funny how Cheese has multiple times showed you the other stats he had--leading in pressures and with 10 TFLs-
you know what lots of pressures and TFLs, but not a lot of sacks gets you?

Jadaveon Clowney. A good but not great player. Clearly a disappointment for being drafted 1st. A disappointment even being drafted top 10.

maybe Anderson takes the next step, If so, great. If he doesnt - he is a solid, complimentary OLB / DE that teams find outside the first round --