Draft - one week out - what do the Cardinals do with #4?

What do the Cards do with #4

• Keep - select other (specify in post)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
That's a steeper penalty than the Cards paid for literally having the GM call the head coaching candidate and tell him not to take other jobs because we're gong to offer him ours (111.4 points -- equivalent to a third-round compensatory pick).

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
The closer we get to the draft, the more convinced I am that we're trading out of a sure thing for magic beans.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Trader Monti...wheeee!!

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's a steeper penalty than the Cards paid for literally having the GM call the head coaching candidate and tell him not to take other jobs because we're gong to offer him ours (111.4 points -- equivalent to a third-round compensatory pick).
That ended the Eagles' life in the fast lane.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
The closer we get to the draft, the more convinced I am that we're trading out of a sure thing for magic beans.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Trader Monti...wheeee!!
Imagine having a wet noodle like Monti Ossenfort be the face of your team. I'm sure he hates it but still. This team desperately needs some players with on-field success.

It's so awful to lay out the accomplishments of our top "stars" that I'm not going to do it.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
the flip side "hypnosis" is the belief that pre-draft rankings in the media are precise (or worse, our own evaluation of prospects, LOL) -- even though actual draft experience shows that even the people who draft for a living often get the rankings wrong with a pretty large variance.

obvs: peoples views are set -- so only three more days until the argument shifts to if the players taken will be any good
Nah, we already have high picks and a lot of picks. So we have a chance at quality (pre draft that is defined as possessing high enough picks to make your choice of the talent available - the more you trade down the more you limit the opportunity for quality) and quantity (6 picks in top 3 rounds). I think trading all over the place this year is more trying to be the smartest guy in the room than it is trying to improve.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
My honest take is that I won't be happy about this unless the Cardinals walk away with Odunze or Nabers and a butt load of picks.

Even if it's Odunze and a 1st and a 3rd, I'll be annoyed .
I think everyone who has multiple 1sts and 2nds is going to be sorely disappointed with what monti nets in any trade. Like really disappointed.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I see a lot of good players in the top 35 picks. Having three of those will be satisfying. It’s Monti’s job to consider fit and general makeup of the prospect.

Is Monti draft savvy? His legacy will be determined by many drafts to come.

If I had a chance to speak with Monti, I would say, I’m ready to see a new batch of prospects now get in there get the team some good ones that will make me proud to be a fan.

GimmedaBall

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If I had a chance to speak with Monti, I would say, I’m ready to see a new batch of prospects now get in there get the team some good ones that will make me proud to be a fan.
If you said that to Monti, as soon as he could control his laughter he would order you to box up your video games and comic books, move out of your parent's basement, and join Chris in his van down by the River.

GimmedaBall

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I traded a babe Ruth rookie card for a big bag of marbles when I was in first grade.
Still owning the marbles is no consolation
Don't feel too bad. The kid that got your Babe Ruth baseball card pinned it between the spokes of his bicycle wheel with a clothespin so he could sound like a motorcycle. It was the first major trade made by a 9 year-old SK.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't feel too bad. The kid that got your Babe Ruth baseball card pinned it between the spokes of his bicycle wheel with a clothespin so he could sound like a motorcycle. It was the first major trade made by a 9 year-old SK.

That kid’s probably dead by now, too.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Worst part was that it wasn't my card. My uncle lived next door and I was snooping around in his garage and found a whole trunk full of cards. I spent a couple hours picking out some good ones then closed it up and went home.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I think everyone who has multiple 1sts and 2nds is going to be sorely disappointed with what monti nets in any trade. Like really disappointed.
It really depends..if somehow Maye falls, I think a team would move up for a butt load of picks.

This isn't borderline blue chip Anderson in a draft without many good players. That's what Monti dealt with last year, but the 2024 draft is a lot better than the 2023 draft.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Worst part was that it wasn't my card. My uncle lived next door and I was snooping around in his garage and found a whole trunk full of cards. I spent a couple hours picking out some good ones then closed it up and went home.
Wait, that was a TRUE story?!? Oh boy…