The Official US Soccer thread

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Gotta give Jamaica credit.
True. They are playing hard but the US is not playing like they are capable of. Honestly Jamaica deserved to win, an unlucky own goal with seconds left gave the US life they didn’t really earn.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Reyna had a lock picker's touch tonight. Some of his passes were a thing of beauty. Wright should be playing 90 minutes. He has been the only striker who has shown that he has the strength to not get knocked off the ball and he has a knack of putting the ball on goal.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Gotta give Jamaica credit.
Wasn't Jamaica missing a bunch of good players as well? The fact that we could only tie it up in the dying minutes is really pathetic. We have a bunch of good players making an impact in Europe, yet we're struggling to hang with Jamaica with our best lineup?

It's really hard to care so much with Gregggg in charge.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wasn't Jamaica missing a bunch of good players as well? The fact that we could only tie it up in the dying minutes is really pathetic. We have a bunch of good players making an impact in Europe, yet we're struggling to hang with Jamaica with our best lineup?

It's really hard to care so much with Gregggg in charge.
Can anyone identify what Gregg does well?

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Is anyone excited about tonight’s game? If they lose I hope Greg gets fired. But I bet he won’t.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
Is anyone excited about tonight’s game? If they lose I hope Greg gets fired. But I bet he won’t.
I didn't think there is a park where he isn't managing the WC, which does kill some buzz

Watching them play, hold possession, etc is like collecting all the building materials and having them either rot in the yard or put together a shabby shack

The thought used to lie of the lack of to skill carpenter (9) to make sense of everyone else's work

Now it's clear that there is no A&E that can build a blueprint and design to actually use this materials and they simply get buy looking good in a low rent neighborhood because they have the most money and materials and stumble into something that is somewhat passable

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
What bothered me most about the Jamaica game was how slow the US was in terms of ball movement and off ball runs as well as indecisive (slow) decisions by players on the ball. It's easy to defend a team when their pace of play is that of a snail especially in the first half.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What bothered me most about the Jamaica game was how slow the US was in terms of ball movement and off ball runs as well as indecisive (slow) decisions by players on the ball. It's easy to defend a team when their pace of play is that of a snail especially in the first half.
What a surprise! A USMNT squad playing snail ball. Inconceivable!

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Makes me kind of mad online. I want to be a fan but the style of play makes it hard to support
Yeah - it was one thing when our entire team was grit, with very little talent. Now we have a more talented group and we still play the same boring style.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah - it was one thing when our entire team was grit, with very little talent. Now we have a more talented group and we still play the same boring style.
Ya, “we play this way because we don’t have enough forwards” is different than “we play this way because the system works.”

Gross. Open it up.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I really get annoyed by paramount plus. Their app and live streams are lacking. and annoyed by Mexican fans still thinking it’s cool to use homophobic slurs.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
I really get annoyed by paramount plus. Their app and live streams are lacking. and annoyed by Mexican fans still thinking it’s cool to use homophobic slurs.
Agreed on both.

Paramount Plus is better for Serie A than USMNT - why?

They should have abandoned that match in the 86th minute

First half by the US wasn't great - need to get the playmakers involved consistently

Thought Cardoso was really solid - haven't seen much of him

Lozano wasn't he usually with self, but seems Giminez wants to carry the torch

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Agreed on both.

Paramount Plus is better for Serie A than USMNT - why?

They should have abandoned that match in the 86th minute

First half by the US wasn't great - need to get the playmakers involved consistently

Thought Cardoso was really solid - haven't seen much of him

Lozano wasn't he usually with self, but seems Giminez wants to carry the torch
Yeah I agree. If the ref called the match at the 86 min at least it would have been a punishment to their fans. Until they actually punish the fans somehow, they aren’t going to stop. Instead it is ridiculous to stop the game and make the players wait that late in the game. Maybe award the opponent with a penalty shot instead of a goal kick. That will shut them up.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Yeah I agree. If the ref called the match at the 86 min at least it would have been a punishment to their fans. Until they actually punish the fans somehow, they aren’t going to stop. Instead it is ridiculous to stop the game and make the players wait that late in the game. Maybe award the opponent with a penalty shot instead of a goal kick. That will shut them up.
I saw a good suggestion, after the first warning the team captain and head coach are handed red cards. That would directly impact the game and maybe cause it to stop.

Mexican fans have always been awful. It’s what makes beating them so much sweeter.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Why Berhalter had Reyna playing so far back is beyond my comprehension. Talk about taking one of your own play makers out of the game. I missed the second US goal because of Paramount. It froze on me.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Well, the U.S. beat Mexico in a classic "Dos a Cero" match to win the Concacaf Nations League. Good deal. Mexico must stink these days.
Tables have turned. It feels like the USA are where Mexico used to be when they had talent. It’s important to remember that Mexico squandered that talent away because their federation has been in shambles for a long time and eventually it impacted their players. I see some of the same struggles with the USA maximizing that talent, particularly struggles in the final third to score goals.

The positive thing that I see with the USA team is that they seem to genuinely care for one another and have deep bonds player wise. And good for the USA players for doing what they are supposed to do. We saw the old version of the USA Mexico rivalry in the 2000’s where Mexico struggled to beat the “inferior” USA teams.

I thought jessie marsh made a good point after the game. He brought up that the usa playing these matches against Mexico is not really helping them prepare for the top sides in the world.