2024 Draft Countdown/NFL Prospects thread

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
From what I remember, Chris Simms has been very bad at evaluating QBs.
He called CJ Stroud the best QB last year. He was a believer in Lamar Jackson and Josh Allen over Sam Darnold. Back when Sam was seen as a sure fire #1 pick. He did miss on Zach Wilson, but he also called Trey Lance being a miss and Justin Fields struggling. He called Picket struggling, but he thought Wllis and Corral had starter potential.

He's no different than Daniel Jeremiah who has his hits and misses .

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Levis just last year, Willis the year before that... at least Levis had a legitimately great game last year where he threw for over 400 yards. Might just have to give the young guy a chance. It's hard to keep running it back with new picks and only giving them half a season to play before putting them on the discard pile.

Seems short sighted to go into a new era with an offensive head coach with a QB that was worse than Tannehill (who went 3-5), only completed 58% and threw 8 TDs and 4 INTs in 9 games. And the only other option is Malik Willis who has been awful every time he's played.

This feels like the Drew Lock experiment all over again and next year the Titans are scrambling for a new QB after going 5-12. Got to fancy the Titans to go 0-6 in their own division next year.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Oof. Might as well call him Drake Locker at least based on Simms eval.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Not sure what Simms is watching. Maye has the best NFL traits in this class. His pocket management is the best. He goes through his reads. He stands tall and delivers against pressure. He can throw on the move and off base.

I think Maye has the lowest floor of all the prospects. His floor is Cousins.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He called CJ Stroud the best QB last year. He was a believer in Lamar Jackson and Josh Allen over Sam Darnold. Back when Sam was seen as a sure fire #1 pick. He did miss on Zach Wilson, but he also called Trey Lance being a miss and Justin Fields struggling. He called Picket struggling, but he thought Wllis and Corral had starter potential.

He's no different than Daniel Jeremiah who has his hits and misses .

Yeah I'd say he hits more than he misses, but he misses a lot. Everyone does.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Not sure what Simms is watching. Maye has the best NFL traits in this class. His pocket management is the best. He goes through his reads. He stands tall and delivers against pressure. He can throw on the move and off base.

I think Maye has the lowest floor of all the prospects. His floor is Cousins.
lol no.

His floor is Jets Darnold. He does hop around instead of having sound footwork. He does miss easy throws/has passes that are ints in the NFL.

Im not as down on Maye, but Simms sees how Maye playing early could go horribly wrong. And I can understand what he's saying. Good thing is teams like the Giants and Patriots do seem intent on sitting him cause they know how rough it could go. And I don't see him developing as well with Kliff. Although he'd obviously show more signs/success than playing for the Pats and Giants.

It's a toss up unless he goes to the Vikings or Broncos. He needs to either sit or get a strong offensive mind. I thought the Giants would be good for him, but the Daboll/Kafka infighting would be risky as well. Otherwise he'll be a really talented guy that should have stayed another year like Herbert did.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm seeing a lot of analysts still working through prospects bailing on Tyler Guyton.

Things such as late off the ball, bad hands and poor in space.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I'm seeing a lot of analysts still working through prospects bailing on Tyler Guyton.

Things such as late off the ball, bad hands and poor in space.

I don’t believe the Cards when they said Paris is sticking on the right side. I like Morgan, Mims, Suamataia and Guyton but protecting Kyler’s blindside as rookies?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Seems short sighted to go into a new era with an offensive head coach with a QB that was worse than Tannehill (who went 3-5), only completed 58% and threw 8 TDs and 4 INTs in 9 games. And the only other option is Malik Willis who has been awful every time he's played.

This feels like the Drew Lock experiment all over again and next year the Titans are scrambling for a new QB after going 5-12. Got to fancy the Titans to go 0-6 in their own division next year.
I find it short sighted to move on from the 4th QB taken in last year's draft to take... the 4th QB in the draft, likely one with similar traits. Or to overpay to take the 2nd or 3rd QB in the draft, something that in recent history has proven to be a waste of assets.

I'm not sure why you're glomming on to win-loss record like it matters in a first year evaluation of a QB. 58% completion and a positive TD-to-INT ratio seems like a positive enough sign to me to give a guy a year to grow.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I find it short sighted to move on from the 4th QB taken in last year's draft to take... the 4th QB in the draft, likely one with similar traits.
Not every QB draft is equal. Levis is likely QB #8 in this class.
Or to overpay to take the 2nd or 3rd QB in the draft, something that in recent history has proven to be a waste of assets.
See above. QB#3 in this draft is probably QB#1 in 2023 draft. Even last year, everyone was saying 2024 QB Class is much better.
I'm not sure why you're glomming on to win-loss record like it matters in a first year evaluation of a QB. 58% completion and a positive TD-to-INT ratio seems like a positive enough sign to me to give a guy a year to grow.
Eh Levis wasn't God awful, but he wasn't good either. I would be concerned if I was a Titans fan because he didn't exactly light the world on fire.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Not every QB draft is equal. Levis is likely QB #8 in this class.

See above. QB#3 in this draft is probably QB#1 in 2023 draft. Even last year, everyone was saying 2024 QB Class is much better.

Eh Levis wasn't God awful, but he wasn't good either. I would be concerned if I was a Titans fan because he didn't exactly light the world on fire.
Levis isn't QB #8 in this class, IMO. I'd put him tied at #5. (I personally have Penix ahead of JJ McCarthy and Bo Nix, and don't think Levis is distinctly better or worse than McCarthy.)

Don't get me wrong here, I don't think Levis is great, if I were a Titans fan I'd be relatively concerned with him too. But from their position, I also wouldn't be enthused about trying to move up at a heavy price to start over.

I kinda see them having a year like we just did. Clear the books, know they're going to be bad, compete in 2025.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Levis isn't QB #8 in this class, IMO. I'd put him tied at #5. (I personally have Penix ahead of JJ McCarthy and Bo Nix, and don't think Levis is distinctly better or worse than McCarthy.)

Don't get me wrong here, I don't think Levis is great, if I were a Titans fan I'd be relatively concerned with him too. But from their position, I also wouldn't be enthused about trying to move up at a heavy price to start over.

I kinda see them having a year like we just did. Clear the books, know they're going to be bad, compete in 2025.
I hope we compete in 2025

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Best thing he could do was getting away from crappy (at the time) ASU and Herm. Brian Kelly really saved him. Good insight.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
They gotta do something with the red uniforms...the whites are 10x better. Reds look like aftermarket pj's.
If they swapped the red pants for the white ones it would be great imo. Would look like a cohesive uniform with the silver, red and white incorporated all the way through the uniform.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard