Call your shot - Draft Top 10

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Draft week is finally here.

This is such a difficult draft to call but let's give it a shot. Who do you have in the top 10 and to which team?

My shot

1. Panthers - Bryce Young

Seems locked.

2. Texans - Will Anderson

I can't blame them for not being sold on QB. They know they are multiple years away and want to lay the groundwork for QB next year.

3. Colts - CJ Stroud

Cards trade back a spot and the Colts get their preferred QB

4. Titans - Anthony Richardson

Cards trade back twice. Carthon was part of the Org that drafted Lance and the Titans drafted Willis last year. Richardson fits that mold.

5. Seahawks - Tyree Wilson

I think Carter is an option here but Edge is a bigger need.

6. Lions - Jalen Carter

Lions have met him multiple times. I think they are past his issues.

7. Raiders - Peter Skoronski

This is a tough one because they need OL, Edge, CB and DT and there are good options everywhere. I think the go CB and Edge later in a deep class. They need a home run OL who can play anywhere so go Skoronski who is a safe bet.

8. Falcons - Devon Witherspoon

Its a coin toss which CB they go for and I think Gonzalez is better. With Terrell already CB1 I think Witherspoon offers more inside or out flexibility.

9. Bears - Paris Johnson

Bears O line has sucked. No brainier.

10. Eagles - Christian Gonzalez

Both starting CBs are on short deals and aging. With Gonzalez still there he's hard to pass up.

11. Cardinals - Nolan Smith

Word is that Smith has blown teams away in interviews and has high commitment and love for the game. He's everything they covet plus a Parsons type rusher.

Last edited:

Billy Bob

Cardinals Fan
Reaction score
I thought someone might bring that up!

I only did the Cards pick because we traded out of the top 10. A bunch of people will keep the Cards at #3 or #4.

But by all means if anyone trades out of the top 10 do the Cards pick too :)
I'm one of them, Cardinals select Anderson at #3!

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
1. Panthers - QB Bryce Young - No brainer, Already a done deal.
2. Texans - QB CJ Stroud - Smokescreen on other choices they need a qb. He is the best avaialbe
3. Titans - QB Anthony Richardson - Cards trade back. Titans love Richardson. Can sit for a year behind Tannehill
4. Colts - QB Will Levis - From everything I read it seems that Colts really like him.
5. Seahawks- DT Jalen Carter - Fits in perfect with Carroll's defense
6. Lions - DE Will Anderson - Will team well with Hutchinson
7. Raiders - OT Peter Johnson - Need line help not sure which one they like best
8. Falcons - RB Bijan Robinson - Could go many different directions but their offense needs weapons
9. Bears - OT Peter Skoronski - will go OL just don't know which one
10. Eagles - DE Tyree Wilson - Fits their scheme
11. Cards - CB Christian Gonzales - Cards won't pass on him if he is still on the board. Fills a big need and is BPA.

I predict I will get one right of these picks and that is the fist pick. Everything else is probably wrong. :doi:

Last edited:
OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How much draft capital do you see the Cards acquiring with your two trade-out scenarious?

It's a difficult ask. There is no set value on these things.

It depends how much they love the players and how many other suitors they think there is.

Ballard is in a tough spot. His win loss record is pretty poor. He's failed on multiple QBs. This might be his last year in the job if they suck again. If he thinks Stroud is the guy he has to do what it takes to try save his career.

I'd say #79 and #169 this year and 2024 Round 4 is achievable. Far more has been traded for a 1 spot jump in the top 5. I think the Colts try move Ryan Kelly in the deal but I'm not sure this team is in the market for a 30 year old Center thats going to cost $20m over the next 2 years. Although they may not want to dump a rookie on Kyler either coming off an ACL.

I put them trading with the Titans here just because there is a lot of smoke around the Titans trading up for a QB. It would take big balls for a 1st year GM to make that leap for a QB like Richardson. They can't get out of Tannehill this year and I think his contract is untradeable so if they do have big balls Richardson makes more sense as he can develop for a while.

I could see the Texans trading up too. I toyed with that. If they do like Stroud they could trade up and get both Stroud and Anderson.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
2. Texans - QB CJ Stroud - Smokescreen on other choices they need a qb. He is the best avaialbe
3. Titans - QB Anthony Richardson - Cards trade back. Titans love Richardson. Can sit for a year behind Tannehill
4. Colts - QB Will Levis - From everything I read it seems that Colts really like him.
6. Lions - DE Tyler Wilson - Will team well with Hutchinson
7. Raiders - OT Peter Johnson - Need line help not sure which one they like best
8. Falcons - RB Bijan Robinson - Could go many different directions but their offense needs weapons
10. Eagles - CB Seven Witherspoon - need a CB and he fits their scheme
11. Cards - CB Christian Gonzales - Cards won't pass on him if he is still on the board. Fills a big need and is BPA.

I predict I will get one right of these picks and that is the fist pick. Everything else is probably wrong. :doi:

Did Will Anderson die? :D

Edit

I see you fixed it by bumping Tyree Wilson which is how it should be :)

Last edited:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I'm going to go with a trade down to #4 but no further. No need to get into possible picks involved, either.

1. Panthers - QB Bryce Young Well, duh!

2. Texans - QB Will Levis Starting to hear some whispers about this

3. Colts - CJ Stroud Colts are mighty happy to get him

4. Cards - Will Anderson FTW

5. Seahawks- QB Anthony Richardson because he can sit for a while. I love this pick because he is a nothingburger at QB

6. Lions - CB Devon Witherspoon to fill the gap

7. Raiders - OT Peter Skoronski because the QBs are gone and they want to protect Jimmy G

8. Falcons - Tyree Wilson and they feel like they got good value. I don't like him in the top 10 myself

9. Bears - OT Paris Johnson

10. Eagles - RB Bijan Robinson - Luxury pick for a very good team

Yep, calling my shot that Jalen Carter falls out of the top ten, but likely not far. I think the Stillers roll the dice on him if he falls t0 17. He could go to the Iggles at 10, though.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trade with Titans.
We get 11, 41, 72
they get 105 and 180
11, Edge Nolan Smith
34, Rb Jamir Gibbs
42, C Steve Avila
Trade Hopkins to Bills for #59
59. Wr Cedric Tillman
66, CB Kelee Ringo
72, Dt Kobie Turner
trade 168 tand 180 to Packers for 149
149 QB Dorian Thompson-Robinson

Last edited:

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Draft week is finally here.

This is such a difficult draft to call but let's give it a shot. Who do you have in the top 10 and to which team?

My shot

1. Panthers - Bryce Young

Seems locked.

2. Texans - Will Anderson

I can't blame them for not being sold on QB. They know they are multiple years away and want to lay the groundwork for QB next year.

3. Colts - CJ Stroud

Cards trade back a spot and the Colts get their preferred QB

4. Titans - Anthony Richardson

Cards trade back twice. Carthon was part of the Org that drafted Lance and the Titans drafted Willis last year. Richardson fits that mold.

5. Seahawks - Tyree Wilson

I think Carter is an option here but Edge is a bigger need.

6. Lions - Jalen Carter

Lions have met him multiple times. I think they are past his issues.

7. Raiders - Peter Skoronski

This is a tough one because they need OL, Edge, CB and DT and there are good options everywhere. I think the go CB and Edge later in a deep class. They need a home run OL who can play anywhere so go Skoronski who is a safe bet.

8. Falcons - Devon Witherspoon

Its a coin toss which CB they go for and I think Gonzalez is better. With Terrell already CB1 I think Witherspoon offers more inside or out flexibility.

9. Bears - Paris Johnson

Bears O line has sucked. No brainier.

10. Eagles - Christian Gonzalez

Both starting CBs are on short deals and aging. With Gonzalez still there he's hard to pass up.

11. Cardinals - Nolan Smith

Word is that Smith has blown teams away in interviews and has high commitment and love for the game. He's everything they covet plus a Parsons type rusher.
Would love this if it played out that way. And yes, the Cardinals do like Nolan Smith!

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
6. Lions - DE Will Anderson - Will team well with Hutchinson
10. Eagles - DE Tyree Wilson - Fits their scheme

I think the Cardinals will do whatever it takes to build from the inside out. Deep CB class. I think we go DL with first pick.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Based on what?

I am 95% sure the Cards are trading down.
Are you questioning if the Cardinals love Anderson? Or if the Texans will draft him?

Why wouldn’t the Cardinals love him? He’s pretty much 100% what they have said they wanted. And the fact that they haven’t gushed about him leads me to believe that they really like him. I agree that there’s a really good chance we trade down, but if Anderson is there at 3, it’ll take an impressive package for them to trade out of the slot. Unless, of course, the Colts are willing to trade up 1 spot.

As far as the Texans are concerned, I think Ryans LOVES Anderson, and they can still grab a QB @ 12, or trade up from 12 to grab one of the other QB’s. Is there really a big gap between any of these QB’s. Not enough to pass on Anderson at 2.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think the Cardinals will do whatever it takes to build from the inside out. Deep CB class. I think we go DL with first pick.
I'm clueless on what the cards will do or who they will draft. They are really being very secretive on this, no rumors coming out at all. It will be a very interesting draft especially day 1 and day 2.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Are you questioning if the Cardinals love Anderson? Or if the Texans will draft him?

Why wouldn’t the Cardinals love him? He’s pretty much 100% what they have said they wanted. And the fact that they haven’t gushed about him leads me to believe that they really like him. I agree that there’s a really good chance we trade down, but if Anderson is there at 3, it’ll take an impressive package for them to trade out of the slot. Unless, of course, the Colts are willing to trade up 1 spot.

As far as the Texans are concerned, I think Ryans LOVES Anderson, and they can still grab a QB @ 12, or trade up from 12 to grab one of the other QB’s. Is there really a big gap between any of these QB’s. Not enough to pass on Anderson at 2.
Both.

If the Texans are stupid enough to draft a non QB when they need one, they have the stupidest management that has ever existed. QB is more than twice as important as any other position, not taking one in their situation is criminally stupid.

The cardinals probably like Anderson, but I doubt they are even entertaining the idea of picking him and foregoing the great trade returns they will get from teams that are desperate for a QB.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Both.

If the Texans are stupid enough to draft a non QB when they need one, they have the stupidest management that has ever existed. QB is more than twice as important as any other position, not taking one in their situation is criminally stupid.

The cardinals probably like Anderson, but I doubt they are even entertaining the idea of picking him and foregoing the great trade returns they will get from teams that are desperate for a QB.
You‘re forgetting that the Texans also have the 12th pick. And there’s a really good chance that one of the 5 best QB’s will slide out of the top 10. And there’s not enough difference between those 5 QB’s to pick one at 2. We all like Anderson a ton, but if the Texans do take him at 2, the Cardinals are in a primo position.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
1. Carolina - Bryce Young
2. Houston - Will Anderson
3. Indi - Will Levis
4. Detroit - CJ Stroud
5. Seattle - Anthony Richardson
6. Arizona - Tyree Wilson
7. Las Vegas - Peter Skoronski
8. Atlanta - Devon Witherspoon
9. Chicago - Paris Johnson
10. Philadelphia - Bijan Robinson

Cardinals make two trades when Anderson goes #2 overall to Houston. Cardinals add the Colts 2nd (#35) rounder and Detroit's 2nd (#55) and 3rd (#81).

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
I'm also on the Cards double trade down bandwagon:

1. Carolina - Bryce Young
2. Houston - Will Anderson
3. Indy (trade) - CJ Stroud
4. Tennessee (trade) - Will Levis
5. Vegas (trade) - Anthony Richardson
6. Detroit - Devon Witherspoon
7. Seattle (Trade) - Jalen Carter
8. Atlanta - Tyree Wilson
9. Chicago - Nolan Smith
10. Philly - Peter Skoronski

11. Arizona (trade) - Christian Gonzalez (though wouldn't be shocked if it was Paris Johnson). I think Cards are hoping one of the upper tier pass rishers (Wilson, Smith) or Skronoski will still be there at #11 if they trade back.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You‘re forgetting that the Texans also have the 12th pick. And there’s a really good chance that one of the 5 best QB’s will slide out of the top 10. And there’s not enough difference between those 5 QB’s to pick one at 2. We all like Anderson a ton, but if the Texans do take him at 2, the Cardinals are in a primo position.
There is too much value for the #2 pick to not trade it to a team that does differentiate the value of QB's.

Houston will either trade down, or select a QB. No other option makes any sense.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson