Putting some things to rest.

LA Redbird

All Star
Reaction score
1. Very sad, but true
2. Best we get out of Payton is the Montana treatment
3. Correct
4. Hopefully it's because he's been leveraged into a fair trade.
5. That could prove to be stupid, if true, especially if my version of 4 is correct.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I’ll give you the first 3, but 4 & 5 are up in the air. If the Cards trade down, they may vert we’ll pick up a round 3 QB.

OP
OP
slanidrac16

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ll give you the first 3, but 4 & 5 are up in the air. If the Cards trade down, they may vert we’ll pick up a round 3 QB.
It’s been said 9 months for Kyler based on the player. Nine months takes us to October. In my opinion if Kyler isn’t 101% recovered ( in his mind) he will start the season on the PUP list.
This is the Cardinals. I’m guessing they MIGHT take a qb in the 6 th round or maybe a UDFA.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
1. Bidwill will never sell the team.
2. Payton is not coming here.
3. Kliff might be gone but he is not quitting.
4. Kyler will not be the starting Qb on week one.
5. We will not draft a Qb in the first 5 rounds.

Merry Christmas everyone!

6. Kyler's deal is untradeable. Always.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score

Keim probably is not the GM, which gives me faith :)

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Is there any hard evidence to support Payton not coming here?

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

1) True
2) An interview is 50/50
3) Another 50/50...Him quitting may be a buyout of mutual agreement.
4) Probably starts on PUP
5) I think they drafts 3rd or 4th round QB

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
No. But history tells us that the very best we'll get from him is being Montana'd.
That was before my time. What’s being “Montana’ed”? Using the Cards as leverage for a better team like Peyton Manning did when he was a FA?

LA Redbird

All Star
Reaction score
That was before my time. What’s being “Montana’ed”? Using the Cards as leverage for a better team like Peyton Manning did when he was a FA?

Forgot about Peyton. Montana strung us along in the 90s before going to KC. Leverage. Yes.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I though the Cards were worth around $4B but this Suns sale makes me think they could get close to $5B. That’s a lot of zeroes to say no to.

Its easy to say no too. Anyone with any sense would say no.

They make about $40-$50m a year profit. That's only going up with new TV deals and as it goes up the value of all franchises is rising.

In a couple of rears franchises will be going for $7.5-$8b. And if international growth continues in 5 years they will be hitting $10b.

You'd have to be nuts to sell a constantly appreciating asset that pays an ever increasing annual dividend. Its literally a goldmine.

long_season

Veteran
Reaction score
So exactly what kind of emails does Michael need to be caught with to force a sale...;) I kid of coarse - but geeze.....starting to think I will die or NFL will go under before we hoist one.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its easy to say no too. Anyone with any sense would say no.

They make about $40-$50m a year profit. That's only going up with new TV deals and as it goes up the value of all franchises is rising.

In a couple of rears franchises will be going for $7.5-$8b. And if international growth continues in 5 years they will be hitting $10b.

You'd have to be nuts to sell a constantly appreciating asset that pays an ever increasing annual dividend. Its literally a goldmine.
And if the family sells they would no longer be rubbing shoulders with politicians and inviting them to their personal suite at the stadium, etc. MB especially isn't going to give away that kind of celebrity and access.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
And if the family sells they would no longer be rubbing shoulders with politicians and inviting them to their personal suite at the stadium, etc. MB especially isn't going to give away that kind of celebrity and access.
Oh God, the suite...Wilson and Harris were up there with Mikey last night. Mikey likes acting like some kind of influencer, bringing people he favors up into the suite and banishing those who have fallen out of favor. Wilson and Harris joining him? I've got a baaad feeling about this.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh God, the suite...Wilson and Harris were up there with Mikey last night. Mikey likes acting like some kind of influencer, bringing people he favors up into the suite and banishing those who have fallen out of favor. Wilson and Harris joining him? I've got a baaad feeling about this.
This

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson