The Ayton Plan

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Someone on another Suns forum pointed out that Pacers have two other centers the Suns could trade for instead of Turner: Isaiah Jackson and Goga Bitadze.

Which prompts the question - WTF is a Goga Bitadze?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Someone on another Suns forum pointed out that Pacers have two other centers the Suns could trade for instead of Turner: Isaiah Jackson and Goga Bitadze.

Which prompts the question - WTF is a Goga Bitadze?

Goga Bitadze (C) is not a bad player. He moves pretty well. Maybe add Duarte and McConnell? Jackson might be interesting as well.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Goga Bitadze (C) is not a bad player. He moves pretty well. Maybe add Duarte and McConnell? Jackson might be interesting as well.
To make the salaries work it pretty much has to be Turner though.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Turner works easily in a sign-and-trade but there may be more value in bundling.
Yeah I know, but look up their contracts. The only two big contracts they have is Heild and Turner. They would need to trade like 5 or 6 guys to match salaries if one of those two is not included.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I know, but look up their contracts. The only two big contracts they have is Heild and Turner. They would need to trade like 5 or 6 guys to match salaries if one of those two is not included.

I'm not worried about the Pacers. They are in rebuild mode. Would the Suns have to take a full $15-19 million back?

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
People here have no idea what they got in a 23 year old. He certainly has his flaws but these perfect players everyone wants don’t really exist.
Ok, but I'd prefer one that was serious about his profession and didn't think it was fine to get two hours of sleep a night to feed his passion which happens to be the virtual version of his profession for people that can't make the NBA and have to realize their dreams through the game.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm not worried about the Pacers. They are in rebuild mode. Would the Suns have to take a full $15-19 million back?
Oh, wait your right, I guess they wouldn't have to. Forgot they are under the cap.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes. They have to take back the whole 30 million or whatever Ayton's contract is.

I'm talking about the Suns. Can they takes less salary back? Some of their lower salaried players might be more attractive than Turner.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, but I'd prefer one that was serious about his profession and didn't think it was fine to get two hours of sleep a night to feed his passion which happens to be the virtual version of his profession for people that can't make the NBA and have to realize their dreams through the game.
As would I but I'd prefer we work with him to get through this phase rather than just give up on a gifted 23 year old. If we've tried everything we can think of and really believe losing him for peanuts is the answer, I guess we'll see some validation of this as Ayton's career progresses. I find that hard to believe though, to me not getting back something we truly want is short-sighted on our part.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
As would I but I'd prefer we work with him to get through this phase rather than just give up on a gifted 23 year old. If we've tried everything we can think of and really believe losing him for peanuts is the answer, I guess we'll see some validation of this as Ayton's career progresses. I find that hard to believe though, to me not getting back something we truly want is short-sighted on our part.
And I do agree with that as well. If we're going to lose him, we had better get value back for our first ever #1 overall pick. Otherwise, work with him and help him get some balance in his personal life. We had better not lose him for nothing. That would have the Sarver shine all over it and would disgust me.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Let me know when you find him

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Then why trade Stix

This team isn’t interested in developing young guys

We already agree on this.

However, the Pacers have some good young, cheap talent on their roster once we get past Hield and Turner.

If the Suns must trade Ayton we should be looking at players like Duarte, McConnell, Bitadze and Jackson. Maybe the Pacers throw in some draft picks.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We already agree on this.

However, the Pacers have some good young, cheap talent on their roster once we get past Hield and Turner.

If the Suns must trade Ayton we should be looking at players like Duarte, McConnell, Bitadze and Jackson. Maybe the Pacers throw in some draft picks.

We can only take back 19 million

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns prefer vets. They have made that pretty crystal clear. It would be nice to see some guys like this on the roster but I don't see it happening as long as we are in the "CP3" run. Monty wouldn't let them sniff the court and just be roster filler.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
If Pacers are the high bidders at 27.5, then man... Ayton should really reconsider that tattoo on his back (DominAyton).

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson