Let's Remember Some Wins

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd say this was a great play, not a great win. We sucked out loud to choke that game to have to even get to the point to need the Hail Murray.
It was a memorable game. Even if it wasn't a great game. Definitely meets the criteria of the post.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure our record is 0-6. Season must have started, as I've heard plenty of experts say that we've already lost our first six games.
Vegas hasn't adjusted our win totals at all after the D-Hop suspension news...

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cheese’s sports memory is freaky.
I also just remembered that game we won on a 40 yard bomb from Jake to Martay Jenkins against Philly with like 5 seconds left that you, me and Pacman watched up in Santa Monica where we exploded out of that tiny little bar and went nuts on the sidewalk.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wasn't the Cards/Packers wildcard game where Warner had more touchdowns than incompletions labeled by some as the greatest playoff game ever? I'll never forget the look on Mccarthy's face when he fell to his knees.

I was at the last game of the season the week before when the Pack won like 50 zip at UofP. Packer fans were insufferable and were positive they'd do the same thing the next week.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wasn't that the week after the 500 yd Redskins game?
Oh yeah… that was a great one too. Back and forth affair. My second favorite play outside the TD pass to win it was when Tobin decided to go for a surprise onside kick in the 3rd Q… that Philly perfectly caught and ran back for a 45 yard TD.

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Guys what about the shootout last year between Jimmy Garrapolo and Colt McCoy?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guys what about the shootout last year between Jimmy Garrapolo and Colt McCoy?
I’ll be honest… I do think that was a pretty memorable game because I thought we had ZERO chance with McCoy at QB, much less be able to go into a division opponents house and just utterly destroy them with McCoy playing the game of his life.

That game was probably the high point of last year because it was the moment that cemented in my head that we were good enough to win a Super Bowl, as a team who could overcome injuries and rebound off a bad loss to the Packers and keep pushing forward.

Man, was I wrong!

That said, that game doesn’t come anywhere near my top 25 and it’s a reach of Plastic Man proportions to say it does, IMO.

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I also just remembered that game we won on a 40 yard bomb from Jake to Martay Jenkins against Philly with like 5 seconds left that you, me and Pacman watched up in Santa Monica where we exploded out of that tiny little bar and went nuts on the sidewalk.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I think that was the game I was at in Philly. McNabb's rookie year, IIRC. I remember walking out with my arms held high in victory and not a person saying a word to me, they were that stunned. In the parking lot some goober saw my Jake jersey and yelled that he's a wife beater. Confused, I told them he wasn't married. The poor guy threw his hands up with a "gah!" and went away. Good times.

And, good lord, does the name Martay Jenkins bring back memories of a bygone era.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I think that was the game I was at in Philly. McNabb's rookie year, IIRC. I remember walking out with my arms held high in victory and not a person saying a word to me, they were that stunned. In the parking lot some goober saw my Jake jersey and yelled that he's a wife beater. Confused, I told them he wasn't married. The poor guy threw his hands up with a "gah!" and went away. Good times.

And, good lord, does the name Martay Jenkins bring back memories of a bygone era.
Heh you've told this story before.

MarTay was a disappointment. Dude had so much potential. Tallish and stupid fast.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You've mentioned this game before PA. I think I will agree with you even though I was a toddler at the time, simply because of the fervor by which you describe the game. LOVE the story about rubbing in at school and getting detention! LMAO!!
Thanks Philly. I was 12 at the time, and I remember to this day what I was even wearing that night. Football fans can be superstitious & I wore the same shirt & pants every Sunday after that game. It was like 31-0 at the start of the 4th quarter and Meredith & Cosell we’re still talking about a Staubach comeback. It was the same story when we trounced Carolina in the 2008 playoff. Moose Johnston kept warning everyone that the game wasn’t over when it was 31-7 during the 4th quarter. Cardinals get so little respect.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wasn't the Cards/Packers wildcard game where Warner had more touchdowns than incompletions labeled by some as the greatest playoff game ever? I'll never forget the look on Mccarthy's face when he fell to his knees.

I was at the last game of the season the week before when the Pack won like 50 zip at UofP. Packer fans were insufferable and were positive they'd do the same thing the next week.
They only kicked our butts because we sat most of our starters since we couldn’t better our playoff position. I know quite a few Packer fans & I warned them not to take anything from that season finale. They’re arrogant fans, so they were crushed when Warner dissected their #2 ranked defense.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Lol. That was the worst place to watch a cards game ever. What size was that tv? 13 inch?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I’ll be honest… I do think that was a pretty memorable game because I thought we had ZERO chance with McCoy at QB, much less be able to go into a division opponents house and just utterly destroy them with McCoy playing the game of his life.

That game was probably the high point of last year because it was the moment that cemented in my head that we were good enough to win a Super Bowl, as a team who could overcome injuries and rebound off a bad loss to the Packers and keep pushing forward.

Man, was I wrong!

That said, that game doesn’t come anywhere near my top 25 and it’s a reach of Plastic Man proportions to say it does, IMO.
But you weren't wrong. That team WAS good enough. They just hit a good amount of injuries and QB play wasn't that good.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But you weren't wrong. That team WAS good enough. They just hit a good amount of injuries and QB play wasn't that good.
Then they weren’t good enough yet. I don’t measure how good players/teams are when things are going well, IMO. It’s easy to be a front runner, which is what we proved to be. The true measure of a team and especially it’s leader is how he helps the team overcome adversity. Kyler and team face planted hard at the end of the season, against some REALLY bad teams or other teams completely wiped out by Covid. We were front runners last year.

Remains to be seen what we’ll be this year.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson