Kyler trade proposal

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Cards trade Kyler and the #23 pick to Houston for #3, #13 and a 4th round.
Cards then trade down with the Giants from #3 to #5 (Because Carolina picks at 6 and looking for a QB most likely). Cards get #5 and a 3rd Round (Since they do have (2) 3rd rounders)
Cards gain an additional 1st, 3rd and 4th round picks. Use the #5 pick to take Kenny Pickett and the other picks to get playmakers and OL.

Cards get a better sized QB that is considered by many day 1 ready to go. Let him and McCoy battle it out for starter. Most likely he sits until McCoy fails or gets injured, buys time to learn the game NFL style from a veteran. Kyler gets a fresh start and his precious contract. I get players wanting to get paid, especially in a violent sport like football, however you better win something before making demands. That team last year was the cream of the league until the QB and WR get injured. They still managed to win without the QB. That tells me the QB is not the catalyst some think he is. He's a part of a team effort that failed together. Kyler on the other hand failed to rise to the challenge once he returned, and his size does not bode well for long term success. Point blank he is not a 25+ mill a year QB and he is making himself look bad demanding it now, before winning anything. Time to move on.
No way do you trade Murray and 23 for just 2 1sts and a 4th. I don't think that's enough for Murray alone, without the 23.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At least he can step up in the pocket.

OK but what about game 3 after Jimmy gets hurt again we still have 15 games to play.

Jimmy gets hurt every year playing in the most QB friendly offense in the NFL, hand the ball off, he almost never runs, when he does it's wide open.

If people are concerned with Kyler's durability the last guy you want is Jimmy G. 2 serious shoulder injuries, a serious knee injury 3 serious ankle injuries, broken thumb throwing hand, torn ligament in thumb throwing hand.

FlMike1969

Reaction score
No way do you trade Murray and 23 for just 2 1sts and a 4th. I don't think that's enough for Murray alone, without the 23.
The problem is that Houston has to sign him to that big contract also. Cardinals get legit now picks, and get rid of a possible big contract mistake. This is not an Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady in their prime situations. Kyler has skills, but is not an above level team leader. He is showing he is about protecting himself, and needs to mature yet. Threatening to sit out the season and leave his team mates to suffer without him, greatly diminishes his value. So I have to respectfully disagree with your take.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And when you’re completing almost 70% of your passes, and scoring touchdowns at a record pace with both your arm & legs, you’re obviously doing something special.

What about when you lead your team to the biggest collapse in NFL history and have a QBR of 8 in your only playoff game

See this is what kills me about your post. You flat out ignore all the bad like it never happened and you can’t do that. It’s like you’ve been traumatized so much you’ve just blocked it out.

Show me on the doll where the tiny Cardinal QB hurt you

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Cards trade Kyler and the #23 pick to Houston for #3, #13 and a 4th round.
Cards then trade down with the Giants from #3 to #5 (Because Carolina picks at 6 and looking for a QB most likely). Cards get #5 and a 3rd Round (Since they do have (2) 3rd rounders)
Cards gain an additional 1st, 3rd and 4th round picks. Use the #5 pick to take Kenny Pickett and the other picks to get playmakers and OL.

Cards get a better sized QB that is considered by many day 1 ready to go. Let him and McCoy battle it out for starter. Most likely he sits until McCoy fails or gets injured, buys time to learn the game NFL style from a veteran. Kyler gets a fresh start and his precious contract. I get players wanting to get paid, especially in a violent sport like football, however you better win something before making demands. That team last year was the cream of the league until the QB and WR get injured. They still managed to win without the QB. That tells me the QB is not the catalyst some think he is. He's a part of a team effort that failed together. Kyler on the other hand failed to rise to the challenge once he returned, and his size does not bode well for long term success. Point blank he is not a 25+ mill a year QB and he is making himself look bad demanding it now, before winning anything. Time to move on.
Yuck

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The problem is that Houston has to sign him to that big contract also. Cardinals get legit now picks, and get rid of a possible big contract mistake. This is not an Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady in their prime situations. Kyler has skills, but is not an above level team leader.
Why is that a problem, Mike? We are taking about the Texans. Maybe the worst roster in the NFL. If they even get the chance to pay a quarterback a blank check, they should be thrilled.

Keim is great at making trades (and have a fairly good history with the Texans). Get their two first from this year, their second from this year, first, third and fourth from next year. Or maybe two first from this year, next years two, three, four and Laramy Tunsil.

FlMike1969

Reaction score
The difference in my opinion and those that disagree are obviously the perceived value Kyler currently has. If I were an opposing GM I would look at him and say "He can run, he can throw and he can make plays. He lacks pocket awareness, has durability issues and needs to mature."

The one playoff game he has been in he threw for a whopping 137 yards, 2 interceptions and two sacks.

He has won nothing, and coming off a 2nd half season collapse into immediately making contract demands, when he still has years left on his rookie contract. He is effectively telling his team mates "Sorry but I gotta get paid before I get that major injury. Best of luck to you all unless they meet my demands".

This drastically reduces his value. So let him go to a team that IS willing to pay him and he can be all world there. I just have zero confidence he is a player that inspires others to greatness, nor is consistent from season to season. I think injuries will end up getting the better of him in the long run. Because I can see that, I am sure there are people out there that get paid to do this for a living that can see it also.

I am someone that believes a lot in team chemistry. Players like Joe Montana, John Elway, Tom Brady they don't always lead the leagues in stats, but what they do, is excel at being leaders, and doing enough to get the job done, and at times be great when it is needed. That is what every GM should be looking for in their QB's. That IT factor. Kyler I am afraid falls short. It's like trying to find that perfect woman to marry. You don't want to settle for just okay. You want that one that rocks your world. Until you find her, you keep trying and keep looking. Same thing here. If you know he is not the long term answer, then move on to the next.

Just my two cents.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What about when you lead your team to the biggest collapse in NFL history and have a QBR of 8 in your only playoff game

See this is what kills me about your post. You flat out ignore all the bad like it never happened and you can’t do that. It’s like you’ve been traumatized so much you’ve just blocked it out.

Show me on the doll where the tiny Cardinal QB hurt you
Where is "all the bad" that you speak of? I refuse to base a decision to let him go on a game where the WHOLE STINKING TEAM & COACH was awful. Outside of the opening drive (and Green couldn't come down with a catchable ball on the sideline that would have put us on the Ram 40), we had the ball inside the 5 the whole 1sat quarter & the Rams offense was marching up and down the field on our pathetic D. If the D did anything, we could have stayed in that game. And again, if Green doesn't drop a perfect dime along the sideline when again we were stuck inside the 10, then the pick 6 never would have happened. I don't care who the QB is, you have to give him some weapons if you expect to win playoff games. We had zero talent around him that day & the D was decimated on both the line & secondary. The Niners O had 9 yards of offense in the 1st half of their game against GB, but their D kept them in the game. Murray was never given a chance to be in that Rams game.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Where is "all the bad" that you speak of? I refuse to base a decision to let him go on a game where the WHOLE STINKING TEAM & COACH was awful. Outside of the opening drive (and Green couldn't come down with a catchable ball on the sideline that would have put us on the Ram 40), we had the ball inside the 5 the whole 1sat quarter & the Rams offense was marching up and down the field on our pathetic D. If the D did anything, we could have stayed in that game. And again, if Green doesn't drop a perfect dime along the sideline when again we were stuck inside the 10, then the pick 6 never would have happened. I don't care who the QB is, you have to give him some weapons if you expect to win playoff games. We had zero talent around him that day & the D was decimated on both the line & secondary. The Niners O had 9 yards of offense in the 1st half of their game against GB, but their D kept them in the game. Murray was never given a chance to be in that Rams game.
Preach.. so much hate on this board. I’m not even confident a Rodgers or Brady could have willed this team in that playoff game. No weapons and no offensive line = disaster. It’s funny how it gets continued to be ignored on my example of Mahomes vs Bucs Super Bowl. Looked like crap! And he had weapons but zero offensive line.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Preach.. so much hate on this board. I’m not even confident a Rodgers or Brady could have willed this team in that playoff game. No weapons and no offensive line = disaster. It’s funny how it gets continued to be ignored on my example of Mahomes vs Bucs Super Bowl. Looked like crap! And he had weapons but zero offensive line.
You're absolutely correct. Mahomes looked like absolute trash that day. He was missing 2 OL that day, but had his entire WR group. And his D was at full strength. Murray played with crap guards, his #1 WR was out, and our D couldn't stop Rutgers due to our DL & Secondary being decimated by injuries. And the ones who are so angry will be the 1st in line to eat crow as soon as we play better. I'll accept none of that this year. If you kicked this team & Murray while they were down, don't even dare come back telling us all what a fan you are. I will NOT hear it.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Lmao I didn’t even read this.

It’s embarrassing at this point

FlMike1969

Reaction score
You're absolutely correct. Mahomes looked like absolute trash that day. He was missing 2 OL that day, but had his entire WR group. And his D was at full strength. Murray played with crap guards, his #1 WR was out, and our D couldn't stop Rutgers due to our DL & Secondary being decimated by injuries. And the ones who are so angry will be the 1st in line to eat crow as soon as we play better. I'll accept none of that this year. If you kicked this team & Murray while they were down, don't even dare come back telling us all what a fan you are. I will NOT hear it.
Come on man! That one game is not the definer here. It is the fact you have a young player at a premium position who has won nothing so far in his career making demands before earning it. Making threats to not play unless he gets paid. Casting his team mates aside as a after thought. That matters! It matters so much that when you combine it with his injuries and bad tendencies, you make the decision to move on. This team needs a leader and if he is not going to be it then he needs to be moved to another team, and start the process over again. Point blank.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Come on man! That one game is not the definer here. It is the fact you have a young player at a premium position who has won nothing so far in his career making demands before earning it. Making threats to not play unless he gets paid. Casting his team mates aside as a after thought. That matters! It matters so much that when you combine it with his injuries and bad tendencies, you make the decision to move on. This team needs a leader and if he is not going to be it then he needs to be moved to another team, and start the process over again. Point blank.
Come on man! Players ALWAYS make demands when it comes contract time. And I disagree that he’s done “nothing”. He was selected because we were the WORST team in the NFL and the worst team in Cardinal history. Give the kid a TON of credit in that we have improved by 3 games each and EVERY season he’s been here. And he’s improved each and every year also.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Come on man! Players ALWAYS make demands when it comes contract time. And I disagree that he’s done “nothing”. He was selected because we were the WORST team in the NFL and the worst team in Cardinal history. Give the kid a TON of credit in that we have improved by 3 games each and EVERY season he’s been here. And he’s improved each and every year also.
He has two years left on his contract. It’s literally NOT “contract time.”

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Allen & Mahomes were extended before the start of their 4th seasons, which is exactly where Murray is. Precedence has been set, and Murray & his agent are not out of line asking for the same.

Allen had a solid 2nd season where he showed growth from season 1, helped get his team to the playoffs in year 2 and then in season 3,helped the Bill get to to back to back playoff appearances, and EXPLODED as a QB, where he was 2nd team All-Pro, had an MVP level (finished second in MVP voting) AND he took the Bills to the playoffs for a second time where he took them to the AFC title game.

Mahommes set the league on fire from the second he stepped on the field in year 2, won an MVP, got to two Conference Title Games and won a Super Bowl by the end of his third year.

So precedence was set for bonafide, superstars with playoff success. Kyler isn’t that guy after his third season, thus the precedent set by Allen and Mahommes is immaterial to an extension for Kyler right now.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson