its Official--- It was all about the quan (KM and $$$$)

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
So, let's all hate Kyler because his agent wants to get him a raise? in 2 months you darksiders will be complaining that Bidwills are cheap and need to pay the money to whomever is asking ...SMH!
No, it's about HOW he's going about trying to get a raise after being a big part of the ish-show down the stretch and especially in the playoffs.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I’m hearing the ask is 5 yrs, $250 mil W/$150 mil guaranteed, wouldn’t impact year 4 of current contract. So it must start with 2023 roster bonus.
If this is even close to what his agent and him are asking then they are out of their minds. The $150 million guarantee is insane. That is higher than Allen or Mahomes got and they have proven themselves to get their teams to the playoffs and win some of those games.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If that's the ask that's just too much. Allen got 6 years 258, no way Kyler will get more per year than Allen.

I'll wait to see what's reported.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
what did he do when Budda was unconscious?

He didn’t go on the field.
It was worse than that IMO. The setting, the injury, the players praying, and he's just in his own bubble. And then there are the rumors that he benched himself at the end.
So, let's all hate Kyler because his agent wants to get him a raise? in 2 months you darksiders will be complaining that Bidwills are cheap and need to pay the money to whomever is asking ...SMH!
I get it. But many may forget that I was one of the original Mt. Rushmore level dudes fighting for K1 during draft season. I'm actually fine with a big raise, just not with this public attempt for affection and dough. Allen and Mahomes went about this in the right way. And you know, they actually deserved the big money with no questions asked. K1, unfortunately, still has many unanswered questions. Like, can he play 16 straight. Step up in the pocket. Make his team around him better. Not go down at the mere thought of getting hit. That type of stuff matters in this game.
I’m hearing the ask is 5 yrs, $250 mil W/$150 mil guaranteed, wouldn’t impact year 4 of current contract. So it must start with 2023 roster bonus.
I'd pay that no problem if he was worth it. Double even.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I’d say shop Klyer to see what’s out there. If you get a deal worth making — one that will improve the team — make it. If not, sit tight, but don’t extend until absolutely necessary. The team and it’s fans do not need a petulant, unhappy child to ruin the team. I have one of those in my family, but she’s only 8.
That will get out and that's seen as the franchise saying they do not believe in you, then you put the future into all kinds goopy da goop... I will say this, the young man needs to fire his agent

Last edited:

Red on White

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Talk about not reading the room. This is poor negotiating
Yep. Trying to publicly shame the organisation into agreeing to a list of contract demands is a weird approach. And thinking that it will capture public sentiment by doing so is way off base. I'm worried that he has some ordinary people around him.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Start taking calls for him. Let some team give us a bunch of picks and move on from this guy. He is extremely hard to root for, and he doesn't seem to get it.

I would take the Eagles picks and Minshew in a freakin second.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Start taking calls for him. Let some team give us a bunch of picks and move on from this guy. He is extremely hard to root for, and he doesn't seem to get it.

I would take the Eagles picks and Minshew in a freakin second.
I was a David Boston dead-ender. It’s remarkable to have one of the three-to-five most-talented QBs in the NFL who can do something that hasn’t been seen before on almost any play and really struggle to, like, cheer for him because he’s such a prickly personality.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I was a David Boston dead-ender. It’s remarkable to have one of the three-to-five most-talented QBs in the NFL who can do something that hasn’t been seen before on almost any play and really struggle to, like, cheer for him because he’s such a prickly personality.

I dont think he is irreplaceable. He is fast...thats his defining talent.

I would say hes in the top 10 in physical talent, but hes way behind less physically gifted guys as a QB.

I think Kenny Pickett is going to be a good pro. We could role with him....4 year starter with a lot of leadership qualities....put an Oline in front of him and still compete for the playoffs next year.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I dont think he is irreplaceable. He is fast...thats his defining talent.

I would say hes in the top 10 in physical talent, but hes way behind less physically gifted guys as a QB.

I think Kenny Pickett is going to be a good pro. We could role with him....4 year starter with a lot of leadership qualities....put an Oline in front of him and still compete for the playoffs next year.
That’s false. He’s a helluva passer. He has a quick release and can drop it in the bucket 40 yards downfield on the run.

You’re right that he has Mike Vick speed, but he combines that with Jay Cutler level arm talent. The problem is it also comes with a side of Jay Cutler attitude.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Well, here we are. More and more polarizing by day.

I don't have the time to post here as much anymore, but what a horrifically frustrating player. Who really has confidence that we should invest in him right now? Or deal with what a long term commitment to him looks like with Kliff and Keim at the end of their contracts?

I would genuinely sign him to the extension and trade him for picks, but we're over a barrel because Keim knows he has to win now to keep his job. Terrible timing all around.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson