its Official--- It was all about the quan (KM and $$$$)

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just sign deal cards minus kylers obvious flaws winin big gms you wont find another qb as talented for yrs knowin az luck...

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Worse. Rodgers has always done his talking for himself. None of this crap like deleting socials and getting agents to release statements.
Yea sadly kyler attitude remindin me more of terrel owens lol on cowboys etc

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Worse. Rodgers has always done his talking for himself. None of this crap like deleting socials and getting agents to release statements.
I know I’ll get blasted for this but the condition and holes this team has, would it be crazy to trade Kyler for a boatload of picks and players?
We don’t have the cap space or assets to build around Kyler and paying him a boatload of money will reduce the cap in future years.
It would have to be a ridiculous offer but is 25 td’s 11 picks and 3700 yards really irreplaceable and more importantly does that warrant 35-40m a year.?
I wonder what Deshaun Watson’s legal situation is right now. It would be an interesting trade partner.

Last edited:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I know I’ll get blasted for this but the condition and holes this team has, would it be crazy to trade Kyler for a boatload of picks and players?
We don’t have the cap space or assets to build around Kyler and paying him a boatload of money will reduce the cap in future years.
It would have to be a ridiculous offer but is 25 td’s 11 picks and 3700 yards really irreplaceable and more importantly does that warrant 35-40m a year.?
I wonder what Deshaun Watson’s legal situation is right now. It would be an interesting trade partner.

No it's not crazy.

Having a good but not great, not great leader for a QB on $40m+ a year without a great roster around him is a sure fire way to be mediocre for many years. Especially in this division.

It's not crazy to think of a scenario where we start again with a boat load of picks to rebuild the squad.

And there are some QB's that have not quite made the grade in the NFL that I would be interested to see what they could do in Kliff's pared down, more basic college influenced offense. Guys like Winston, Marriota, Minshew and Trubisky. These guys were drafted where they were for a reason but just couldn't quite adjust to life in the NFL. Kliff's scheme might be the difference.

Until a draft comes around with a QBOTF.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Of the things I can be confident in, I'd tell him a few things.

1. We need an MVP candidate after 17 games, not 7.
2. We control your rights for the next two years at a minimum.
3. Public displays rarely get you what you want in life. And Mahomes and Allen are perfect examples of people who haven't gone public.
This is a biased slant. Public displays can get you want you want all the time. It all depends on who has the negotiating power.

Look at Rodgers and how public he has been. He has gone public saying that GB needed to improve their roster and they did. You can look at players like Brady for a lesser example.

Outside of the NFL, you see players like Lebron doing the same thing. 'Improve your roster or I'm gone.'

I also like seeing Mahomes and Allen as the example. The way that these two franchises are miles ahead of how ours is...

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Well I am certainly not going to blast you for this, because it is a completely reasonable thing to consider. In fact, from a business perspective the team is required to consider it. Do I agree? At the moment no, but I could be convinced.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Absolutely not. What good are draft picks if we can trust the person in charge to make them?

If we fire Keim and the new GM wants to go a different route with coach/QB? You'd have to consider it.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Can’t believe Joe Burrow’s agent hasn’t released a statement, lol.

Murray has always been about the money. If the Cards don’t take him #1 and he falls to the 20’s, which was very possible, he’s playing Triple A for the A’s right now.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
As was mentioned, if not for Keim, I'd do it.

It's so weird to be at the point where I want the Cardinals to trade our young, reasonably successful QB, but his attitude and this whole situation are so off-putting.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Give me the Eagles Picks and Minshew all day long. I doubt they would offer all 3 for Kyler though...hes not that good.

They might be able to flip Hurts for additional picks later.

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Our leadership are idiots.
No they try to make Kyler look less "bad" but ultimatly, Kyler if the numbers which he asked roughly 275 Mio$ in 6 years are right. He showed he doesn't care about winning SB but about him and the money "show me the money" and basically he did everything wrong what you can do wrong.

Reading the statement before by the Agent, I thought, Kyler will sign a 175 Mio 6 year contract with a signing bonus and other bonuses making it 200 Mio and with really cutting his earning in the first year of contract to 15 or so millions.

That would give the Cards the money they need, but he talkes first and than shows you what he really is for ... great QB.

If the report is true, I would understand if the Cards trade him. In Arizona he would have burned every little bit of confidence that he is the Franchise QB that you want to build a team around to win the SB, since ... you know, the last 20 years QB which made more than 12% of the teams CAP didn't win a single SB. That probably doesn't change that fast.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
If Murray and his agent were really confident about his future production would they be making this public money grab? I think Kyler is still upset about his exit interview and suggestions for improvement going forward. If you are hyper sensitive about criticism that can be a sore point. If he thinks Kingsbury is tough he should experience someone like B.A. You ain't at OU anymore son.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have this all broken down in the other thread but since his 5th year option is 29 million the floor for any extension is 39 million

I expect a split of the 50 million so around 45 to 46 million.

With the new TV money after next year that deal won't be anything. QBs will be over 50 million shortly

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So if you aren't comfortable at 45-48 million then you need to trade him immediately

There is no wait and see. It will only either cost you more money if he succeeds or hurt his trade value if he struggles / holds out.

This should be super basic for any GM

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
So if you aren't comfortable at 45-48 million then you need to trade him immediately

There is no wait and see. It will only either cost you more money if he succeeds or hurt his trade value if he struggles / holds out.

This should be super basic for any GM
Then you trade him. No way do I give him that. He's handling himself like a child, through his agent, after showing major flaws, and he isn't going about it the way the other young QBs have handled it. I'm not confident he'll LEAD us anywhere. I am quite happy to exercise the option and watch how he improves this upcoming season, but I have a feeling you're right. It's an either-or situation. The problem is, I have no doubt he wants to be the highest paid QB in the league and thinks he deserves to be. Therein lies the problem.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Then you trade him. No way do I give him that. He's handling himself like a child, through his agent, after showing major flaws, and he isn't going about it the way the other young QBs have handled it. I'm not confident he'll LEAD us anywhere. I am quite happy to exercise the option and watch how he improves this upcoming season, but I have a feeling you're right. It's an either-or situation. The problem is, I have no doubt he wants to be the highest paid QB in the league and thinks he deserves to be. Therein lies the problem.

Depends on the return. Again the cap is going to explode next year. Now is the time to lock up young talent. The only deal that makes sense is Watson but that carries even more risk. This draft is awful for QBs.

If you were a competent GM you could make this extension happen and free up probably 6 million in cap space. That's Ertz and Conner.

We don't have a competent GM so we are screwed

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This isn’t difficult. I could bring in my special needs son & he wouldn’t hesitate a second in re-signing Murray. Again, not a difficult decision at all.

I agree with this but it's mostly based on the alternatives and when you look at the actual money

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard