Who will have a better Season: Simmons or Collins

Who, of our 2 recently drafted LBs, do you think will have a better '21 Season?

• Simmons - our '20 pick

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Collins - our '21 pick

Votes: 10 58.8%

• Total voters

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I would assume Simmons with having a year of nfl experience already. But many of you would have a better take on it than me. I don't even know where or which side each will be playing on in relation to one another.

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I like this poll.

Collins looks to be fearless from the small sample size we've seen. I think Zaven will outplay Simmons

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
As a linebacker Zaven. Playing LB is as much mental as physical and Collins is obviously far better at the mental processing of playing LB.

I still think Simmons is going to be good though and he's going to flash in different ways.

eastcoastDave

Veteran
Reaction score
Over the years, I’ve tired of the GM’s over-hyping our first and second round draft picks. I desperately want our top guys to succeed, but the reality is that there have been far too many swings and misses of top picks. I’m hoping these excellent collegiate linebackers excel in the NFL.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Collins looks more decisive in stopping the run.

I don't think Simmons is ever going to be a downhill linebacker. I just don't think he has the instincts. He's going to be more a lateral guy trying to keep the edges in tact and dropping onto coverage. I don't even see him shooting gaps or throwing off blocks to make a tackle.

Which is fine. There are lots of great linebackers that play that way.

Last edited:

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Collins will be the banger making a lot more tackles and have a more consistent impact on the game. Simmons will make more flash plays that can have a big impact on the game. I voted Collins, but think/hope they will both have really good years in the areas mentioned.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I don't think I've ever believed in a player as much as I believe in Zaven Collins. I think he's going to be really special from day 1.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Collins because he's played the position longer. I think Simmons is going to be really good but he's still learning to be LB.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson